Author Topic: Dream Interpretation  (Read 1863594 times)

Offline serious crayons

  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • *****
  • Posts: 24,546
Re: Dream Interpretation
« Reply #880 on: Today at 03:39:13 pm »
Could my fridge be eating my food?  ;)

I had a similar thought yesterday. A friend bought me a huge fresh tomato when we lunched together at a place that also sells fresh farm produce. I thought I put it in the fridge, against my better judgment, because I've had fruit fly problems lately. Then I couldn't find it anywhere in the fridge and finally concluded that I must have left it in my car.

But then later I spied it in a basket atop my microwave. Apparently I'd decided to risk a fruit fly frenzy. But when I picked the tomato up, it had a mold spot on it! So I threw it out.

It's just as well, I guess; I was actually starting to get almost sick of tomatoes. My ex-husband tends a garden plot in my former neighborhood's community garden. Every year I put down the $50 for the garden plots and my ex plants and tends the garden, growing tomatoes, arugula, chard, poblanos and eggplants. In return, I make hotdishes out of the poblanos and lets him make gazpacho with my blender.

During tomato season I eat a tomato sandwich almost every day. Sometimes a BLT, but more often a Caprese sandwich (I grow my own basil on my balcony). By the end of tomato season, I'm ready to switch to squash!

Sorry to drag on, but speaking of which, I have a question for you all. My ex and I are planning a trip to Chicago to participate in my son's new wife's family's annual chili cookoff. My son said everybody always enters red chili, so right away I decided on a green chili with chicken. But then I had another thought: what if I stirred in some pumpkin puree? Not so much that the chili tastes like a pumpkin pie, just enough to give it an interesting flavor. What do you guys think of that plan?



Offline Jeff Wrangler

  • BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • *****
  • Posts: 32,710
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: Dream Interpretation
« Reply #881 on: Today at 05:21:30 pm »
But then later I spied it in a basket atop my microwave. Apparently I'd decided to risk a fruit fly frenzy. But when I picked the tomato up, it had a mold spot on it! So I threw it out.

You could have just cut away the mold spot. That's what I do, and it's fine.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.