Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 9201528 times)

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #10110 on: August 02, 2011, 11:08:27 am »
Hiya everyone!

I started a thread regarding a new documentary that I think you'll like.

Check it out.

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,49273.0.html

Arew you meeting brokies??
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Online CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #10111 on: August 04, 2011, 07:42:13 am »

Hiya BetterMost friends.

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!  The weekend is nearing!

I was so busy yesterday that I didn't get a chance to come in and update my blog or post the travel destination!

Hope everyone is doing well!

Today's travel destination:

Vieux Lyons, France

The dazzling concentration of some of Europe's highest-rated restaurants in and around the beautifully restored historic center of Lyons have made it a magnet second only to Paris, the gastronomic capital of the continent

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Online CellarDweller

« Reply #10112 on: August 05, 2011, 08:08:39 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

We've made it to Friday!  ;D

Anyone else have good plans for the weekend?  I don't, but that's ok!  quiet weekend at home will do me good!

Pizza luncheon at work today, so that's cool!

My windshield should be worked on as well by the time I get home, had to borrow dad's car to get to work, and then he's using mine for the day once the windshield is finished.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands

The fashionable families of wealthy merchants moved into the gabled townhosues along Amsterdam's many miles of canals beginning in the 17th century, and today tour boats cruise along beneath them, showing visitors this City of Canals the way it was meant to be seen.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline dejavu

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #10113 on: August 05, 2011, 10:05:53 am »
Good morning, Chuck!

A boat cruise beneath those bridges might be neat...if no unidentified flying objects were encountered.   :D
Jack's from Texas.
Texans don't drink coffee?

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #10114 on: August 05, 2011, 11:10:21 am »

Amsterdam, The Netherlands

Been there. Got offered every kind of drugs on the planet, hubby was offered prostitutes - what a welcoming city! ;) :laugh:
We didn't take the offers though, and neither a boat tour.

Been to Salzburg, which was up the other day, several times. Beautiful city.

We'll have a quiet weekend, too. After six heavenly weeks, it's back to school on Monday for the kids. Which means getting up before 6am for me. :P
Now I'm off to buy more school stuff and three new telephones. Lightning struck my house while I was in Alberta. Some electronics didn't survive that: printer, 3 telephones, internet connection box, maybe one of our additional computers.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #10115 on: August 05, 2011, 12:01:06 pm »
Lightning struck my house while I was in Alberta. Some electronics didn't survive that: printer, 3 telephones, internet connection box, maybe one of our additional computers.

Oh, that's awful!  :(
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #10116 on: August 05, 2011, 02:39:16 pm »
Oh no!

Lightning struck my house while I was in Alberta. Some electronics didn't survive that: printer, 3 telephones, internet connection box, maybe one of our additional computers.

I've always fancied doing the Queens Day in Amsterdam. It's basically a big party - the Scottish New Years Eve I guess.

I've been to Amsterdam - but it was 9 years ago now. The last stop in my 5 week Euro trip in 2002. Lovely city and its not just all about hash and the redlight district!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline dejavu

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #10117 on: August 06, 2011, 12:52:28 pm »
Sorry to hear about the lightning damage, Chrissi!  What a welcome home greeting.   ::)
Jack's from Texas.
Texans don't drink coffee?

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #10118 on: August 07, 2011, 09:58:53 am »
Thanks guys.
It might be time for an insurance change. They told us that in this specific case (lightning/damaged electronics) their accountability is limited to a max of 250Euros by some side-sentence in the small print of the contract.
F them! We're waiting for the cost estimate, and if they stick to their 250 Euros, they'll lose us as customers.
Might turn out to be a good thing in the end. We missed to review and update our contract for too many years anyway. Better do sit on a small-ish loss now, and then get a better insurance, instead of noticing your insurance is a failure when it really counts.
Lesson learned. :)

Online CellarDweller

« Reply #10119 on: August 07, 2011, 10:26:13 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Chrissi!  I'm sorry to hear about what happened while you were away, and sorry to hear about the small-ish loss you have to deal with.  Hope that the search for new insurance goes quickly, and doesn't turn out to be expensive.

It rained most of the day on Saturday, and we had a car accident outside our house, involving three cars.  It looked pretty bad, but no one seemed to be hurt, which was good.  One of the vehicles involved was an SUV with a mom and her three kids inside, so I'm glad everyone was only shanken up, but not injured.