Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 9055264 times)

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Bork bork bork
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #12010 on: May 21, 2013, 02:34:17 pm »

You're no help, Sonja!

Oh, was I supposed to be of help?

Sorry, guess I missed that...   ::)

Chuckie dear, I promise to come running and slay the ugly bastard next time I hear you scream for help!!!

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline bentgyro

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #12011 on: May 21, 2013, 02:38:57 pm »
I know how you feel about bees, Chuck, I feel the same about spiders.  The whippet and the cat don't know what to do when
they hear loud screams coming from me.  I'm afraid
 to step on them because I'm sure they will crawl up my leg and then I would die
of a heart attack.  I usually keep throwing things until it leaves or dies.
Oh the perils of living alone!

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #12012 on: May 21, 2013, 03:42:00 pm »
 I usually keep throwing things until it leaves or dies.
Oh the perils of living alone!

:laugh: :laugh:

I'm a horrible "shot", and anything I throw would be waaay off target, probably breaking something.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #12013 on: May 22, 2013, 09:04:08 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Yeah, that's exactly how I felt here yesterday, it was hot and humid!  Bleh!  Of course, I fogot to close my curtains yesterday, and when I got home the apartment was 89 degrees.  Ugh!  Thankfully the central air took care of that rather quickly.

Less humid today, but still hot, and thunder storm is predicted, so we'll see if that happens!

Rich from bowling and I hung out a bit last night at bowling (last night of bowling, season ended, see an update in "striking out") and we've scheduled a second date for this weekend, we're thinking perhaps dinner and then some miniature golf.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline bentgyro

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #12014 on: May 22, 2013, 03:20:12 pm »
Sounds like fun.
Who pays or do you go "dutch"?
I always went dutch, no expectations that way ;)

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #12015 on: May 22, 2013, 03:48:29 pm »
last date we went dutch.  I may pay for the whole thing on Saturday, since I asked him out, but if he offers to pay, I won't make a big deal out of it.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #12016 on: May 23, 2013, 08:37:41 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Yup, a storm is approaching!  At least, that's what the weather forecasters say.  Heavy rains starting one point today, and supposedly rain through Saturday.

This weekend is Memorial Day weekend, three day holiday here!  Yaaaaaaaaaaaaay!  We went through a "stretch" here, no holidays since President's Day in February.  We have Easter, but that's only on Sunday, no Monday off for that.  We have holidays for May, July (Independence Day) , September (Labor Day), October (Columbus Day) November (Veteran's Day & Thanksgiving) and December (Christmas).   Of course there's also Halloween, but that's not a day off work.

;D

I do hope that the rains end on Friday night.   I have no plans for the holiday weekend, but it's considered the "unofficial" beginning of summer, and after all the damage and repair work for Hurricane Sandy, I'd like to think that the shore areas will get a break and have a profitable opening weekend.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #12017 on: May 24, 2013, 08:45:18 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Hoooooooooray!  It's Friday and a three-day weekend!  ;D

Regarding yesterday's posts about the storm clouds, it POURED here at one point, and it's looking to do it again.

I'm feeling a sense of satisfaction at the moment.  ;D

I have central air conditioning in my apartment, and the past few days I needed it.  Ugh! 

Anyway, I do try to be green, and I see no reason to waste energy to run the unit while I'm at work.  I keep the blinds closed, and purchased those special curtains that reflect heat, to keep the place cool.  It does (however) still get warm in the apartment.

The central air has a program feature so I can decide when the air will turn on and off, but the manual is missing, and for the life of me I couldnt' figure it out.

Today I went to Google, and searched on the company's name that made the unit, and "instruction manual" and I found a PDF that has all the user instructions.

;D

I just printed it off, and will take it home with me to try and set the times on it.  ;D

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #12018 on: May 24, 2013, 11:45:52 am »
The central air has a program feature so I can decide when the air will turn on and off, but the manual is missing, and for the life of me I couldnt' figure it out.

Today I went to Google, and searched on the company's name that made the unit, and "instruction manual" and I found a PDF that has all the user instructions.

;D

I just printed it off, and will take it home with me to try and set the times on it.  ;D

How did we ever manage before the Internet and the Google God?  8)

Have a nice weekend, Chuck!  :D
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #12019 on: May 24, 2013, 06:34:17 pm »
How did we ever manage before the Internet and the Google God?  8)

Have a nice weekend, Chuck!  :D

So true! How did we cope without mobile phones and the internet!?
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/