Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3131857 times)

Offline synne

• Sr. Ranch Hand
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #5700 on: October 19, 2006, 11:31:26 am »
I told Louise once that when I read the chapters I don't picture Ellery as copy of Hugh, but as a man who looks like Hugh Jackman, but it's not quite him. I picture Ellery with a sweet smile like Hugh's, but much thinner and lankier, and darker hair

The same thing with me  :),
 that’s the privilege of reading compare to watching movie, we can picture whoever we want. Immediately after I started to read about Ellery I have image of Tony Flanagan in mind and despite all those nice   and sexy pictures of Hugh  it doesn’t want to disappear ( he fits for me  as Ellery submissive character ).

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #5701 on: October 19, 2006, 12:37:58 pm »
ok guys, just stopping by to say I am going out to dinner and... won't be home till late.  So... don#t look for an update till tomorrow.

Yes... Hugh does talk about his wife an AWFUL lot... and I think that's to discourage women!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #5702 on: October 19, 2006, 04:33:47 pm »
One thing to bear in mind is that when I first conceived Ellery, back oh, 600,000 words ago, I had in my mind the young John Carradine, before he got wrinkled and creased and gray.  Then I settled on his son Keith Carradine as the next best thing, from his album cover from when he was in  his early 30's.  By the time Dee came along with the breathtaking alternative of Hugh Jackman, the bass speaking voice, the extremely skinny physique, the 6 foot 3 height, grey eyes and long black hair were already locked in.  Nothing that Hugh can't pull off most of that (with the exception of the voice) but he was really quite a good alternate from my standpoint.  I often gaze at long-haired pictures and frown pictures of Hugh when I am anticipating writing Ellery dialogue and it helps me to focus.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2006, 04:46:21 pm by louisev »
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #5703 on: October 19, 2006, 05:01:57 pm »
Yes... Hugh does talk about his wife an AWFUL lot... and I think that's to discourage women!

I think it's more than that. His wife is also an actress but not as popular as he is. I think he is giving her some publicity.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #5704 on: October 19, 2006, 05:27:51 pm »
When Hugh got his first role playing opposite her on televsion, she was quite popular as the lead in a TV series.  But then his career really took off.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #5705 on: October 19, 2006, 05:28:47 pm »
okay i am typity type typing people.
I didn't want to mar my unbroken record by letting a day go by without writing a chapter.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #5706 on: October 19, 2006, 05:45:47 pm »
My record is still intact.

Update to "The Red Stallion"

http://louisev.livejournal.com/136865.html  "Chapter 44:  A Few Interruptions"
« Last Edit: October 19, 2006, 05:54:50 pm by louisev »

Offline ranchgal

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #5707 on: October 19, 2006, 06:00:24 pm »
 ;D  Thank you Louise---made my otherwise rotten day a very much better evening with the newest update.

now what is Dupree going to say????????  Always anticipating the next one!! LOL

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #5708 on: October 19, 2006, 06:11:54 pm »
I am a little too tired from driving to stay up much longer, but there will be another update tomorrow!

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #5709 on: October 19, 2006, 06:46:33 pm »
SPOILERS

My record is still intact.

Update to "The Red Stallion"

http://louisev.livejournal.com/136865.html  "Chapter 44:  A Few Interruptions"

Wayne is a fool. Ellery could definitely use an answering machine. They existed in the 1980's didn't they? That way he can screen Wayne's annoying phone calls. Thanks Louise, for the chapter, I wasn't expecting it!  :-*
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.