Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3167433 times)

Offline laurel

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Heath, we'll never forget you.
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #6050 on: November 02, 2006, 03:19:12 am »
Whatever it is that Dupree likes
girls or straights or queers
Around the block and down the street
are queues of volunteers!

This was great, Jo!  I always get a good  laugh when I read your creations!
What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close, the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger.   -Annie Proulx (Icon by alighttofollow)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #6051 on: November 02, 2006, 05:35:03 am »
Jo, that poem made tears come to my eyes - tears of laughter!

Who would have thought one desperate teenage kiss back in Basic Training has led to... all this?

Got to love it!

And no guys, the leather suit hasn't worn off yet. I woke up this morning and there was only one thing I thought of first:  Wolverine.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline Bigheart

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #6052 on: November 02, 2006, 06:06:34 am »
that is so adorable,,,the ballad of jeremy dupree;   i love him and think hes so great and hot and smart too....one of my favorite heros in many a year, as a friend to the main characters......he is in the catagory of sam wise in the lord of the rings....he would go to the end of the world for ennis and ellery... love that boy......janice
\

Janice, I SO agree with you about Dupree and comparing him to Sam Wise and what he would do for E and E. Perfectly worded. So true. I love that boy too, from the very first day Louise introduced him  :)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #6053 on: November 02, 2006, 06:41:54 am »
I may be missing in action tonight at the Media Markt trying to purchase a copy of XMen-3... because, damn.  Just well, damn.

And potential more good news on the horizon now that the interim good news of my still billing has just now sunk in: I got an encouraging word on my new contract in *snort* Wisconsin and may be getting an offer tonight or tomorrow.  What does this mean to you all?  It means I won't be getting sad and depressed any time soon over being unemployed, but it does mean I will have to marshal my resources and time, and may be dropping back to my one-chapter-per day plan so as to have time to muck out the apartment, order plane tickets, clean, (oh my god that oven again!) etc.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #6054 on: November 02, 2006, 07:17:05 am »
Wisconsin??  How sad that you'll be leaving Europe  :(  Great news on the job though, what a relief eh?

Hahahaha, that damn oven!! LOL  ;D

And it's okay about the one chapter a day plan, I think.....*sobs*

;D

:-*

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #6055 on: November 02, 2006, 07:38:30 am »
think of it as weaning off, down to one chapter a day.

I haven't got the offer in hand, I just have the "you're in the running and it looks good" situation.

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #6056 on: November 02, 2006, 08:01:54 am »
think of it as weaning off, down to one chapter a day.

I haven't got the offer in hand, I just have the "you're in the running and it looks good" situation.

But we dont want to be weaned off LS. :'( :'( :'( :'(
Mornin all, mornin June. ;) :-* I,m bloody freezing today. We had a frost and I had to scrape my car this morning. :o
Off to have a read and get warmed up. ;) ;D

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #6057 on: November 02, 2006, 08:12:15 am »
It was chilly in mainland Europe today as well, but like the lazy bum I am, I didn't go out until the frost was already getting soggy and I got to avoid scraping!

Now Souxi we talked about this weaning thing. I promise that before the story ends you'll have plenty to talk about - and reread!

Offline Kazza

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #6058 on: November 02, 2006, 08:21:38 am »

Now Souxi we talked about this weaning thing. I promise that before the story ends you'll have plenty to talk about - and reread!

Of course when you wean someone off something, it's generally by getting them onto something else. Something just as substantial.

Something like Book 7 of the Saga perhaps  ;)  ;)  ;)  :laugh:

7 is a lucky number after all  :laugh:

Karen

It is frosty today, but sunny, which I like.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #6059 on: November 02, 2006, 08:37:08 am »
of course Karen of course. I keep hoping to generate some interest in these ... OTHER novels... that I have... lying around... gathering dust...