Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3131844 times)

Offline magicmountain

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Fire from heaven
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #6060 on: November 02, 2006, 08:38:50 am »
Of course when you wean someone off something, it's generally by getting them onto something else. Something just as substantial.

Something like Book 7 of the Saga perhaps  ;)  ;)  ;)  :laugh:

7 is a lucky number after all  :laugh:

Karen

It is frosty today, but sunny, which I like.

Kazza you are so right. I was weaned off BBM (sort of) and onto the Laramie Saga just as quite a few years ago I went from ciggies to choccies.

We will need to establish an Abandoned Laramie Anxious Readers Management group (ALARM) offering a 12-step program complete with recourse to "a higher power than ourselves" a la Alcoholics anonymous. Maybe we can contract out the group's facilitation to Louise now that she is looking for work. But then we would all have to pay her salary! Just how desperate are we folks?

Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all. - Alexander the Great

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #6061 on: November 02, 2006, 08:40:32 am »
Of course when you wean someone off something, it's generally by getting them onto something else. Something just as substantial.

Exactly right there Kazza, very good point that. Book 7....hmmmmmmmmmmmm. ;) ;) ;D :laugh:

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #6062 on: November 02, 2006, 08:51:09 am »
Kazza you are so right. I was weaned off BBM (sort of) and onto the Laramie Saga just as quite a few years ago I went from ciggies to choccies.

We will need to establish an Abandoned Laramie Anxious Readers Management group (ALARM) offering a 12-step program complete with recourse to "a higher power than ourselves" a la Alcoholics anonymous. Maybe we can contract out the group's facilitation to Louise now that she is looking for work. But then we would all have to pay her salary! Just how desperate are we folks?

D E S P E R A T E.
By the time LS is over we,ll all be doing this:
 :'( :'( :'(

Offline magicmountain

• Fire from heaven
« Reply #6063 on: November 02, 2006, 09:04:56 am »

Life post Laramie.
Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all. - Alexander the Great

Offline Kazza

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #6064 on: November 02, 2006, 10:42:33 am »

ALARM!!! I love it  :laugh:

Of course asking Louise to facilitate such a group would be akin to asking your drug supplier to assist in your rehab from Class A narcotics. You just never know when they might just slip you something, you know, just for free.  ;)

Lousie - how many other books have you written?

Karen

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #6065 on: November 02, 2006, 10:52:25 am »
oh let me see now.

19 volumes of poems, one of which I published, in two limited editions.  Four of the books I recorded in digital, then I just stuck a few more of them on the web.

Princes of the East - my first actual finished novel
The Two Empires - sequal to "Princes of the East" - unfinished

The Confession of Alexandrus Basileus 334 a.d.
(sequel planned)

The Death of a Mad Composer

The Erotic Etudes

Your Skinny Girl

and a couple of unfinished efforts.

I also wrote a series of erotic yaoi stories, and did a long roleplay with an original character I invented for a MUSH last year, which I have toyed with turning into an erotic fantasy novel.

Then came the Laramie Saga and sucked me in.

Most of the novels and 7 of my books of poems can be found on my website in full text.  www.zebratta.com
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #6066 on: November 02, 2006, 11:38:39 am »
Louise ~ I'm IMPRESSED! Still havent received your books  :'(

Souxi and Jo ~ heh heh those pics are hilarious and downright scary!!  ;D

Karen ~ I LOVE your ideas!!  :D

Oh and afternoon Souxi! I owe you a pm! Sowweee  :(

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #6067 on: November 02, 2006, 03:07:03 pm »
damn why do I keep forgetting that June!!!  I am sorry.  I will take care of the mailing right away!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #6068 on: November 02, 2006, 03:07:41 pm »
Update to "The Red Stallion"

http://louisev.livejournal.com/143455.html  "Chapter 70:  Dear Jeremy"
« Last Edit: November 02, 2006, 03:09:32 pm by louisev »

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #6069 on: November 02, 2006, 03:28:00 pm »
damn why do I keep forgetting that June!!!  I am sorry.  I will take care of the mailing right away!

Awwwwwww, maybe cause you don't like me anymore?? *sobs* I keep checking my mail box, every single morning  :'(

J/K Louise, sort of  :P  You've just been REALLY REALLY BUSY and me thinks too much sexxxxy HJ on the brain??  ;)

;D

:-*