Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3166923 times)

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #6640 on: November 12, 2006, 04:58:32 pm »
how do I end up in these situations?

Milli - the answer is yes, IF you come up with a good name for him!

Really?? ok ok..
June, let's think of names, quick...

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #6641 on: November 12, 2006, 05:07:11 pm »
How about:

Nick Coleby ...(as in Nick and Jeremy are coming over for supper tonight ..  ;D .. Has a nice ring to it, huh?) lol
I am cool with another lastname too ..

Ok..back to the drawing board ..

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #6642 on: November 12, 2006, 05:18:38 pm »
Update to "The Red Stallion"

http://louisev.livejournal.com/148903.html  "Chapter 89:  Escape from the Dryout"
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline Kazza

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #6643 on: November 12, 2006, 05:21:34 pm »
'Lo all

Finaly had a chance to catch up on my LS reading after quite a hectic weekend (which topped off a frantic week). Good news is that we've found a place to buy and our offer has been accepted - yay! Just have to get all the legal work sorted now. Hemorrhaging money of course with all the fees we have to pay - oh well.

Anyway, back to Laramie!

SPOILER

I like ADA Samuelson. I know she's put everyone's noses out of joint down at the Sheriff's office, but I don't think that it's intentional. It's not easy being a woman operating in a man's world, and I guess she's still feeling unsettled after her move. I do think that she has been a bit rude in some of her dealings but people who are socially awkward can be like this.

Souxi  - I know that you dislike her. You pulled no punches in your comments - some of which were priceless  :laugh: - but I'm hoping that she's going to redeem herself. As for her and Dupree, well you know that the tension between them could be chanelled in directions other than hostility.  ;)

She might be a right wildcat when she lets her hair down - Dupree might get a shock.

I've never watched Prison Break, but that chap from it is rather dishy!

Louise, I feel for you, I've worked on installations where it felt that nothing was going right. Hope you're not too shattered.

Karen

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #6644 on: November 12, 2006, 05:38:43 pm »

SPOILER

I like ADA Samuelson. I know she's put everyone's noses out of joint down at the Sheriff's office, but I don't think that it's intentional. It's not easy being a woman operating in a man's world, and I guess she's still feeling unsettled after her move. I do think that she has been a bit rude in some of her dealings but people who are socially awkward can be like this.

Souxi  - I know that you dislike her. You pulled no punches in your comments - some of which were priceless  :laugh: - but I'm hoping that she's going to redeem herself. As for her and Dupree, well you know that the tension between them could be chanelled in directions other than hostility.  ;)
Karen

I agree with your comments on the ADA!  And souxi's comments usually crack me up too!  ;D

Offline Bigheart

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #6645 on: November 12, 2006, 06:21:42 pm »
How about:

Nick Coleby ...(as in Nick and Jeremy are coming over for supper tonight ..  ;D .. Has a nice ring to it, huh?) lol
I am cool with another lastname too ..

Ok..back to the drawing board ..

Sorry I haven't been very helpful Milli, RL and all

I really like that name ~ strong and to the point. I've always liked Nick  :)

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #6646 on: November 12, 2006, 06:39:59 pm »
Names a guys hun?

Well this past Tuesday I met my first ever "Chas" - all 6 foot six a him. His boyfriend "Damien" the taller of the two, at 6 foot twelve (yup, that's 7 feet tall) joined our pool team. (Kids these days are da*n tall!)

Any hoot, another one syllable name that might find approval is "Shane". Of course, the simple names, "Joe" or "Jim" certainly flow well with Jeremy's name.
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline Bigheart

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #6647 on: November 12, 2006, 06:46:32 pm »
Names a guys hun?

Well this past Tuesday I met my first ever "Chas" - all 6 foot six a him. His boyfriend "Damien" the taller of the two, at 6 foot twelve (yup, that's 7 feet tall) joined our pool team. (Kids these days are da*n tall!)

Any hoot, another one syllable name that might find approval is "Shane". Of course, the simple names, "Joe" or "Jim" certainly flow well with Jeremy's name.

Yep ~ I love Shane too.

Heh heh ~ we've already got a Joe......and what a Joe! Aw, he's a sweetheart  :D

Offline Kazza

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #6648 on: November 12, 2006, 07:24:18 pm »
Oooo... I like the name Shane too!

Is there going to be a Shane?

Karen

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #6649 on: November 12, 2006, 07:40:56 pm »
Shane .. me like!  ;)

( I am a fan of The L Word and there is a Shane on there who is one of my fave characters! )