Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3166139 times)

Offline RonitR

• Sr. Ranch Hand
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #7970 on: November 30, 2006, 04:42:37 am »
SPOILER

Great chapters !

I really agree about Jeeves. He was always such a Gentlemen. And could be dry and acidic, but classy, and never crude.
Now he is being just plain mean. Almost vulgar. It's not  like him, and he really should get his act together ! He  is supposed to be a gentleman, and Jeremy's friend.   >:(

Also, I never expected Jeremy to have a meltdown, but now that I think of it, it sounds just right (once the high of his first time with Nick wears off). Poor Jeremy... ADA Paula might get her date after all...

Offline richardg49

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • 'Keep on trucking'
« Reply #7971 on: November 30, 2006, 05:23:48 am »
Unless Richard our punster laureate can come with something how about the following?

To outdick - to boldly go where no man, Jeeves in particular, has been before.
My two rather lame suggestions:

a) To outdick:  To make a public announcement of Richard's hitherto closeted homosexuality, so that he now has nowhere to go to hide his queerness.

b) To outdick: To suddenly and unexpectedly whip out one's Armani-designed equipment for public display and approval.
I gave him what I hoped was that hopeful innocent puppy look that said “don’t you just want ta rub my tummy” rather than that hungry, ravenous wolf look that said “why don’t you just come out a that brick house so I can eat you up little pig?” LVH: 'What I did on my Day Off'

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #7972 on: November 30, 2006, 05:27:51 am »
Hardly!     That award goes to our very own Sheriff Roland!    He has way more pics than I do.   Just see all his threads on Cowboys, Sailors, affectionate men etc etc.

To paraphrase kudzudaddy, who said he borrowed it from Mark Twain

Aww shucks! (kicks heel in the dirt...)

Sheriff Roland
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #7973 on: November 30, 2006, 05:42:41 am »
My two rather lame suggestions:

a) To outdick:  To make a public announcement of Richard's hitherto closeted homosexuality, so that he now has nowhere to go to hide his queerness.

b) To outdick: To suddenly and unexpectedly whip out one's Armani-designed equipment for public display and approval.

how about the following:

to outdick! Ta put ta good use one's (Armani-desined) equipment that has othewise become redundent, or shunned, or underused (at least until the need asserts itself once again).
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #7974 on: November 30, 2006, 06:29:27 am »
SPOILER!!

I agree Jo. What got into Jeeves anyway? i thought he was Jeremy's friend  >:(
It's understandable that he's jealous, but still...

IMO Jeeves is stung and jealous, and feeling old and rejected by Jeremy. As we all recall, Jeeves was all excited about the idea of devirginizing Dupree, and Dupree fell asleep buck naked in front of him.  Then the next day, a hot young sailor comes in, and Dupree, after just one beer, was out the door with the sailor in tow to come back the next day with a sign across his face saying I just got laid! Imagine how Jeeves felt. I'm sure he now thinks Jeremy didn't want to have sex with him because he is over 50 years old, and not because he is a man. That's the reason why he's with Lance, to assure himself he still can get it on and twice in a row!

Jeeves might be a gentleman, but under that desguise, lies a human being. So guys, don't be so hard on poor Jeeves. He isn't that bad.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2006, 07:04:07 am by opinionista »
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

yb

« Reply #7975 on: November 30, 2006, 06:38:51 am »
IMO Jeeves is stung and jealous, and feeling old and rejected by Jeremy. As we all recall, Jeeves was all excited about the idea of devirginizing Dupree, and Dupree fell asleep buck naked in front of him.  Then the next day, a hot young sailor comes in, and Dupree, after just one beer, was out the door with the sailor in tow to come back the next day with a sign across his face saying I just got laid! Imagine how Jeeves felt. I'm sure he now thinks Jeremy didn't want to have sex with him because he is over 50 years old, and not because he is a man. That's the reason why he's with Lance, to assure himself he still can get it on and twice in a row!

Jeeves might be a gentleman, but under that desguise, lies a human being. So guys, don't be so hard on poor Jeeves. He isn't that bad.

Oh my god, I thought I am the only one who sympathize with Jeeves, I totally agree with every word you said.  :)

Offline brokebackjack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #7976 on: November 30, 2006, 06:47:52 am »
Oh fer god's sake:

SAY SPOILER WHEN YOU TALK PLOT!!!!!

Please???

TY lol
"I couldn't stand it no more so i fixed it"

Offline magicmountain

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Fire from heaven
« Reply #7977 on: November 30, 2006, 07:00:58 am »
SPOILER

Oh my god, I thought I am the only one who sympathize with Jeeves, I totally agree with every word you said.  :)

I empathise with Jeeve's sense of rejection and his resulting jealousy. I suppose people sometimes say bitchy things when they feel that way that they might not otherwise say. But it was a nasty jibe designed to make Dupree feel used and grubby.
Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all. - Alexander the Great

Offline RonitR

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #7978 on: November 30, 2006, 07:22:41 am »
SPOILER

SPOILER!!

I still LOVE Jeeves, and  would still be very happy to see him and Jeremy hook up  :). He is a GREAT character.

IMHO, he really wasn't on his best behaviour in this chapter, but, hey, we all slip up from time to time....

Um... also, it seems no one feels very sympathetic towards  Wayne, even though he did get slapped for no good reason  ;D

Offline christie wood

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #7979 on: November 30, 2006, 07:30:29 am »
Hello everyone

I've just caught up on 20+ pages of posts after my long weekend away, and its been great fun what with all the wonderful developments with Jeremy and Nick (gorgeous and hot!), and Jeremy's chat with Ennis (fantastic, love Ennis, telling him like it is!), and more wedding ceremony talk...I'm as excited as everyone else about this, and cant wait to read that chapter...tissues are definitely going to be required I think!  

SPOILERS for latest chapter....

I was really really annoyed at Jeeves for how he spoke to Jeremy. I know he's jealous, I know he's hurt, but talking like that to Jeremy will not make things any better, in fact I think he will regret what he said when he realises how much he hurt Jeremy with those words...poor Jeremy, he's wound up enough of what's going on, he certainly doesnt need Jeeves turning the whole thing around and making it sound dirty and crude when in fact it was the complete opposite.  Whilst I agree with RonitR about the words that Jeeves used being vulgar and totally out of order.  How does he expect Jeremy to want to ever talk to him again after saying such things?  However, I certainly dont think having a date with Paula will help - please dont do that to us, or him Louise!!!!  

All he needs is to see Nick, talk to him about it, and let Nick reassure him in that special, soft and tender way of his.