Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3184378 times)

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #7850 on: November 29, 2006, 06:03:49 am »
or maybe he'll follow him back to Whidbey Island and live on a shack on the beach, pining for his man...

oh wait.  I'm getting ahead of myself.  I do love Whidbey though.

Jeremy leaving his job at the Laramie Police Dept.? I thought he just got promoted! Maybe Nick can come home after finishing his duty or whatever at the Navy. It is going to be hard for Jeremy to leave Laramie, that's for sure. Besides, what's he's going to do on Whidbey while Nick is off at the sea? He'll have more fun at the Stallion.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2006, 06:06:47 am by opinionista »
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #7851 on: November 29, 2006, 06:05:23 am »
Oh...and another thing ..

Lance may not rock this on his car ..

..But he might not object to ..

;D  Ok..enough plates for tonight ..lol

Oh, I love these too!  ;D

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #7852 on: November 29, 2006, 06:07:30 am »
Thank you!

Can I have who wears those socks, too?

Never hurts to ask.

B

;D  ;D  ;D

God! I really couldn't figure it out!  :D

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #7853 on: November 29, 2006, 06:08:31 am »
I'm just throwing you folks off the scent.

However, David has a very astute observation going, which others made in my LJ and that is - there are parallels here between Ennis and Dupree, and while things have improved greatly between 1963 and 1984, and while Dupree is quite a bit less inhibited, they are dealing with very similar issues regarding their own internal pressure to conform and their shame about their sexual feelings about men, though having finally "done it" with Nick, he has crossed the Rubicon, as Oscar Wilde would say, and done the deed, which was the single biggest step he had not as yet taken.

where we will go from there - remains to be seen.

Oh yeah and... muahahahahahaha.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #7854 on: November 29, 2006, 06:10:16 am »
well this is it, folkses.

My last day on my current contract.  Tomorrow I will sleep in, practice piano, go to the post office and finally mail June's copy of "The Erotic Etudes" and work on the finale to "The Red Stallion."  Yay me.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline opinionista

« Reply #7855 on: November 29, 2006, 06:18:15 am »
I'm just throwing you folks off the scent.

However, David has a very astute observation going, which others made in my LJ and that is - there are parallels here between Ennis and Dupree, and while things have improved greatly between 1963 and 1984, and while Dupree is quite a bit less inhibited, they are dealing with very similar issues regarding their own internal pressure to conform and their shame about their sexual feelings about men, though having finally "done it" with Nick, he has crossed the Rubicon, as Oscar Wilde would say, and done the deed, which was the single biggest step he had not as yet taken.

where we will go from there - remains to be seen.

There's also the fact that Jeremy has been around gays for sometime, while Ennis's sole experience before meeting Jack, was seeing the corpse of a rancher who was tortured and killed for being gay. That has to make a huge difference when it comes to dealing with your own sexuality. Poor Ennis. Jeremy is lucky.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #7856 on: November 29, 2006, 06:27:51 am »
well this is it, folkses.

My last day on my current contract.  Tomorrow I will sleep in, practice piano, go to the post office and finally mail June's copy of "The Erotic Etudes" and work on the finale to "The Red Stallion."  Yay me.

SQUEEEEE to all of that, Louise!  :-*

Do you definitely know where you are going now?

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #7857 on: November 29, 2006, 06:30:05 am »

*frowns*

What's going on, Louise?! What evil things are you up to?

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #7858 on: November 29, 2006, 06:30:43 am »
no, nothing is finalized as yet. I was told it might be end of week before the customer in Switzerland catches up and I get the final interview, but I have been "vouched for," and the situation is on track.

If not I may be looking for a room in oh, say, Belgium or Holland for a few weeks!
« Last Edit: November 29, 2006, 06:34:14 am by louisev »

Offline Kazza

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #7859 on: November 29, 2006, 06:58:14 am »
Hi Lousie - just wanted to wish you luck on your last day. Are you having any kind of send off after work?

Fingers crossed on the new job.

Karen