Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3184141 times)

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #7370 on: November 23, 2006, 07:47:18 am »
i did louise, and it warmed my heart too  :)

hope to chat later today, but i've got lots RL on today. maybe tomorrow.

and a job in swizerland? maybe you're staying in europe after all? (after i sent you a thank you and farewell present? ;)) Now that sounds really nice!

talk to you later!
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #7371 on: November 23, 2006, 07:50:59 am »
Lance is not a bad guy .. with all the Sergio episodes now behind him, lets see if Jeeves can make a man outta him!
It might turn out to be a one-night thing with Jeeves, might be more .. we'll see..

Either way, methinks Jeeves has got his hands full ..  8) (figuratively and literally, as we can see..)

WOW!!  Hot pic  ;D

I so wonder how this will play out! I couldn't believe it when i read it! lol

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #7372 on: November 23, 2006, 07:53:24 am »
Ah .. I forgot those two Jo..

Here we go ..  8)

to Leslie: the reader in question brings all of his/her begging and pleading and sometimes even bribery, to  bear, to increase the local "schmoop" factor in a given chapter or plot element to the desired level.

to Souxi:  the reader in question takes leslie-ing to a whole other level with a fair amount of weeping, wailing, howling, .. practically anything to get what he/she wants.  Souxi-ers have been known to be downright relentless and they usually get what they want.

to June:  to squee like a professionally-trained squeer.

to fistulate:  To undergo a period of enforced sexual abstinence, of at least one week's duration, while at the same time getting married.

to Dupreeciate: The phenomenon of a minor character in a work of fiction increasingly absorbing readers' attention until the character threatens to overtake or equal their interest in the nominal main character(s).

to Tooeyminate:  To have an uncharacteristically large appetite for muffins.  When observed in their natural habitat, tooeyminators are hardly seen without a box of muffins close at hand.  Infact, some have been known to leave behind a trail of crumbs.

to westify: an act of civil disobedience, performed as a protest

Hughdity: a view of Hugh Jackman that involves showing off significant assets of his personal charisma, charm,and er, attributes.

Ril-ition: The ability to become suddenly overtaken with intense sexual desire from the touch of a lover or sometimes by the smell of burning pastry (preferably of the Pillsbury variety)

Fancyful: The satisfying sense of contentment, euphoria and repleteness after a sexual encounter with a loved one.

to bunnificate:
to have wild sexual fantasies, including falling in love, with someone you have only seen once or twice, and you don't even realize is homosexual...

to jeeviate ~ to follow all rules of etiquette with impeccable taste and class (British heritage optional).   Jeeviants make great friends and excellent companions, as they are known to treat all persons with complete respect, without necessarily compromising their beliefs and standards.

to rejeevinate ~ to make it known in no uncertain terms that one needs to get laid and that one is up for absolutely anything to do so.

To edna – An action combining nurturing, feeding and providing general TLC leading to a state of gratification.

Glenfiddled – State of arousal inhibited by maudlin drunkenness

I just love this ~ not sure about "To June" though.... ::)

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #7373 on: November 23, 2006, 07:56:34 am »
I know!  Jeremy has got some issues to resolve. 
That or he just felt a pang of jealousy that Jeeves was gonna get some lovin from Lance ..

But .. why be jealous if he is not interested?  The Dupree matter is complex.. and I love it!   ;)

I *so* agree, Milli ~ I'm loving it too, it fascinates me  :D

Offline opinionista

« Reply #7374 on: November 23, 2006, 08:15:02 am »
If I may offer my 2 cents -

I never thought that Ennis fell in love with Ellery over-night.
There was a strong mutual attraction, which led to them getting to know each-other pretty well (remember Ellery asking Ennis about the "little book" on their first night), which led to a deepening intimacy, which in turn blossomed into love.

That sounds extremely normal, to me.

Can't for the life of me understand what is "implausible" about that...

Neither did I. I think they really begin to feel deeply in love well into the Saga, perhaps after Worrell tries to kill both Ennis and Ellery in Looking for Answers. I agree that they cared for each other probably right after they have sex the first time, but IMO love begins to blossom when Worrell comes into the picture because it makes them face the possibility of losing each other to death. When Ennis finds out Ellery was using himself as a bait to catch Worrell, it hits him. He realizes what it really means, and I think that is when he actually begins to recognize his feelings for Ellery.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #7375 on: November 23, 2006, 08:46:57 am »

I got an excited call from London, and they are setting up an interview for me for the Zurich job. 

pray for me, Fabienne, I might not be leaving Europe at all!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #7376 on: November 23, 2006, 08:47:27 am »
I don't think Dupree is jealous that Lance and Jeeves are hooking up.    He is upset that this is happening as retribution for his finally meeting a guy he likes.

He likes Jeeves, just not in a sexual way.   And he is probably angry that Lance is taking advantage of the situation.

Plus this drama is interupting his infatuation with Nick the Sailor.  

And trust me,  I have been looking around for some hot Sailor pics to post!    LOL !

Maybe Sheriff Roland has some?   :)

yb

« Reply #7377 on: November 23, 2006, 08:49:19 am »

I got an excited call from London, and they are setting up an interview for me for the Zurich job. 

Louise, good luck with this interview.

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #7378 on: November 23, 2006, 09:06:59 am »

I'll be thinking of you too, Louise  :)

Offline RonitR

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #7379 on: November 23, 2006, 09:07:18 am »
Best of Luck , Louise  :)