Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3166438 times)

Offline Kazza

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #7830 on: November 28, 2006, 08:10:19 pm »
Well, everyone here seems to be gearing up for the big day. Have you all bought your hats?  :)

I really like the idea of Ennis and Ellery making a commitment. I’m not sure if I can picture them doing the whole matching tuxedo thing – especially Ennis. Can’t he stay in his jim-jams?  ;D

I like the personal, private exchange of rings that they did at home.

On another note, poor Jeeves/Howard. Just like the rest of the world, wanting someone to care for and to care for him. I think that he and Dupree will get back on good terms. Whether it will lead to any kind of intimacy or a relationship between them, I guess we’ll have to wait and see. Now that Dupree’s had his sexual awakening with Nick, his outlook may have changed.

Karen

Offline richardg49

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • 'Keep on trucking'
« Reply #7831 on: November 28, 2006, 08:18:36 pm »

On another note, poor Jeeves/Howard. Just like the rest of the world, wanting someone to care for and to care for him. I think that he and Dupree will get back on good terms. Whether it will lead to any kind of intimacy or a relationship between them, I guess we’ll have to wait and see. Now that Dupree’s had his sexual awakening with Nick, his outlook may have changed.

We need to remember that Nick is only in town on leave, so it's inevitable that Dupree is soon going to be unattached and looking for a new partner. Unless, of course, he decides to become a stowaway on Nick's ship.......

I gave him what I hoped was that hopeful innocent puppy look that said “don’t you just want ta rub my tummy” rather than that hungry, ravenous wolf look that said “why don’t you just come out a that brick house so I can eat you up little pig?” LVH: 'What I did on my Day Off'

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #7832 on: November 28, 2006, 08:27:22 pm »
or maybe he'll follow him back to Whidbey Island and live on a shack on the beach, pining for his man...

oh wait.  I'm getting ahead of myself.  I do love Whidbey though.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline Kazza

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #7833 on: November 28, 2006, 08:29:00 pm »
We need to remember that Nick is only in town on leave, so it's inevitable that Dupree is soon going to be unattached and looking for a new partner. Unless, of course, he decides to become a stowaway on Nick's ship.......

This is very true - though wasn't Nick saying that he was deciding whether or not to sign up for another stretch.

If he stays in Laramie maybe he and Jeeves can duel for Dupree's affections. Pistols at dawn or something.

Karen

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #7834 on: November 28, 2006, 08:31:01 pm »

I like the stowaway idea!   ;D kidding ..
I think they can work something out! .. where there is a will ..  8)

If he stays in Laramie maybe he and Jeeves can duel for Dupree's affections. Pistols at dawn or something.

LOL ..   as long as Gabe the Gunslinger doesn't show up to give them tips or anything ..  8)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2006, 08:33:52 pm by Lucise »

Offline David

« Reply #7835 on: November 28, 2006, 08:35:20 pm »
Well,  Nick did say that he doesn't get opportunities at sea to meet guys, so perhaps he can offer Jeremy a long distance romance?

Something tells me that Dupree could stay loyal to him as well.   Kinda like Ennis being faithful to Jack all those years.   Dupree certainly could wait for Nicks next leave.

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #7836 on: November 28, 2006, 08:41:47 pm »
Well,  Nick did say that he doesn't get opportunities at sea to meet guys, so perhaps he can offer Jeremy a long distance romance?

Something tells me that Dupree could stay loyal to him as well.   Kinda like Ennis being faithful to Jack all those years.   Dupree certainly could wait for Nicks next leave.

Exactly!  It is possible!! 
And yeah, I agree, Dupree has the makings of a one-man man .. 
Anyway, that's all my speculatin for the day .. I'll let Louise surprise me in "Dupree's Choice" ..  8)

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #7837 on: November 28, 2006, 08:46:44 pm »
Oh...and another thing ..

Lance may not rock this on his car ..

..But he might not object to ..

;D  Ok..enough plates for tonight ..lol

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #7838 on: November 28, 2006, 09:28:15 pm »
Care to give us a clue Leslie?   8)  Does each letter stand for a word or ..?

Sound it out, and think of a Billy Joel song...

Two hints, that's all for now!

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Beatrice

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #7839 on: November 28, 2006, 09:42:36 pm »
Ha!

Brokeback Mountain State of Mind!

B
"He was the refuge of my spirit, the sweet solace of my griefs...what more is there, then can I say? Was it not a foretaste of blessedness thus to love, and thus to be loved?" St. Aelred, from his eulogy for his lover, Simon.