Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3166769 times)

Offline magicmountain

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Fire from heaven
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #7990 on: November 30, 2006, 09:10:41 am »
yeah, how come nobody is feeling sorry for Wayne?

Because Wayne has a the hide of a rhinocerous, is generally in the wrong place at the wrong time, doesn't seem as sweetly vulnerable as Dupree and, and ...... OK we're a bunch of insensitive ratbags indulging rampant favouritism and selective compassion but what are ya gonna do?
Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all. - Alexander the Great

yb

« Reply #7991 on: November 30, 2006, 09:26:46 am »

I did feel sorry for him, but the scene was a bit comical to me at the same time.

Offline NavyVet

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Harm/Tony - My fav rare pair
« Reply #7992 on: November 30, 2006, 12:02:03 pm »

******SPOILER WARNING!   ********

I do, I do!

I can understand how Wayne would be totally upset.  Getting run into was accidental, but getting slapped was out of left field and completely unexpected.  Though I also feel sorry for Jeremy.  After all the verbal abuse, Jeeves just sent him over the edge.  Jeremy was not in his right mind when he slapped Wayne and when he calms down, he'll realize what he did and surely feel bad.  (worse?)
NavyVet
"Brokeback Mountain:  Where slash is canon!"

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #7993 on: November 30, 2006, 12:02:13 pm »
Well I started printing off Taking Chances today. I,m going to have to get some more ink..I,ve still got 200 pages to go!!! :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Offline Kazza

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #7994 on: November 30, 2006, 12:03:43 pm »
Hope you're feeling better soon Louise.

Wayne is a little sod, but, let's be honest, he has given us some laughs. And he doesn't mince his words, calls it as he sees it.

Karen

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #7995 on: November 30, 2006, 12:08:06 pm »
Well I started printing off Taking Chances today. I,m going to have to get some more ink..I,ve still got 200 pages to go!!! :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

OMG!!  :o

I should start doing all of that too!

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #7996 on: November 30, 2006, 12:09:27 pm »
I did feel sorry for him, but the scene was a bit comical to me at the same time.

That's how I felt too!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #7997 on: November 30, 2006, 12:16:30 pm »
I feel better with some Xusal in me.

Here is chapter 121:  http://louisev.livejournal.com/158860.html  "Chapter 121:  Facing Yourself"
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline opinionista

« Reply #7998 on: November 30, 2006, 12:30:18 pm »
SPOILER

I feel better with some Xusal in me.

Here is chapter 121:  http://louisev.livejournal.com/158860.html  "Chapter 121:  Facing Yourself"

Why would Jeremy face a demotion over Wayne's complaint? He wasn't on duty when he slapped him, was he? Anyway, Ellery got him to calm down, but I wish he was more understanding towards Dupree. Ellery knows what is he going through. Poor Jeremy. On the other hand he's right, people do gossip too much in the bar, but that's how it is, unfortunately. Hopefully, Nick helps him go through this.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline NavyVet

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Harm/Tony - My fav rare pair
« Reply #7999 on: November 30, 2006, 12:36:09 pm »
I am totally bummed.   :(

Yesterday was not a good day.  *sigh*

I came home from my doctor's appointment where I learned that I'm being put back on a new SSRI medication after managing to stay off one for 3 years.  I went to check on updates for one of the other BBM WIP fanfics that I'm avidly following, only to find out it is gone, poof, no more.
Now I'll never know how the story turns out and I really hate when that happens.  I wish I had the self-discipline to wait and only read fics that are completed, so as not to get so invested in something that ends up abandoned and has no ending.

I live vicariously through the fictional characters of TV, movies, and fanfiction as an escape from RL.

Sorry for venting my frustration here, but ... I didn't know where else to go.
At times, there are things that go on in fandoms (especially BBM) that to me are just ... depressing.   :'(

I think I need some more happy pics and maybe some happy fics to cheer me up.  (hint-hint)
Looking forward to the wedding chapters of LS, that's fer sure.

NavyVet
"Brokeback Mountain:  Where slash is canon!"