Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3166069 times)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #8320 on: December 03, 2006, 08:21:27 am »
*rubs eyes*  *takes headache tablets*

My goodness you folks have been busy overnight.  I just spent the last half-hour friending a bunch of lurkers who want to see the "works in progress"!  My my!  I had no idea how many lurkers there were!

And now, down to writing the gettin fancy stuff.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline souxi

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #8321 on: December 03, 2006, 08:22:50 am »
Exactly!    I was shocked when he agreed to go out to dinner with ADA Paula.

Especially after that first night with Nick Sampson.   And now after the second night with Nick, plus Nicks "I'm falling for you" confession, how could he possibly keep that date??

He should just call her and tell her that he has reconsidered because it is improper to date a person he will need to interact with in court.     Which is absolutely true!   She could not disagree with that reasoning. 

If he made the date before even meeting Nick, well that might be different.   He could justify it as the fact she pressured him to do so, and to keep himself in the closet at work he goes on the date.    Even then he could just not make a second date telling her whatever excuse he wanted.   "Improper", "No spark"  etc.

I can see the reasoning behind what he,s doing by dating her, but IMO there is no contest. Hot Nick wins everytime over the twig lol. What a body!! :o :o :o :o

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #8322 on: December 03, 2006, 08:24:19 am »
*rubs eyes*  *takes headache tablets*

My goodness you folks have been busy overnight.  I just spent the last half-hour friending a bunch of lurkers who want to see the "works in progress"!  My my!  I had no idea how many lurkers there were!

And now, down to writing the gettin fancy stuff.

Morning Louise.

Woooweeee, here comes the HOT stuff guys lol. June, get that fan and the smelling salts at the ready lol. ;) ;) ;D

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #8323 on: December 03, 2006, 08:28:16 am »
*OKAY*

Everyone who asked to be friended HAS BEEN Friended.You should be able to see the Epilogue chapter now, as unfinished as it is.  I'll be remedying that shortly.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline magicmountain

• Fire from heaven
« Reply #8324 on: December 03, 2006, 08:40:50 am »
I hope it is not too late for some more Hughdity goodness  ;D   :P
(We need a drooling smiley)

He's beyond beautiful - but where did he get that swimming costume? It's on a par with Ennis' pyjamas!
Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all. - Alexander the Great

Offline magicmountain

• Fire from heaven
« Reply #8325 on: December 03, 2006, 08:46:10 am »
Acceptance

It finally hit me this morning.    The need to concluded the Laramie Saga.    The Wedding kiss was it.   Ennis was happy now.   He has accepted his homosexuality by openly kissing Ellery in front of people.     

All objectives were met.   

From the beginning: 
Ennis meets Ellery.   
Ellery finds Jacks killer.   
Ennis has his closure with Jack on the Mountain.
Ennis accepts his love for Ellery
The Wedding.

And of course along the way we got to meet many new colourful characters.   Plus we got to mix in a few old ones.   Ma Twist, His daughters, even Alma.

But now that Ennis is at this happy juncture we need to move onto new characters.     We don't need to be with E&E 24/7 anymore.    They are going to do just fine on there own.    Oh I'm sure Louisev will have Dupree interact with E&E plenty still.      I doubt Ellery will sell the Red Stallion anytime soon.   Ennis wouldn't let him!   He enjoys working there despite his complaints.   

But readers are now foaming at the mouth (and pants) at the new adventures of Jeremy Dupree.    It just makes sense to refocus the story there.    So the Laramie Saga is over.  Time to pass the torch to the new stud in town.    I have finally accepted that this is not so much an ending, but the beginning of something new and delicious.

Thanks for that rationale David. As Milli would say - we push forward! (Or is that something Nick would say?)
Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all. - Alexander the Great

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #8326 on: December 03, 2006, 08:47:12 am »
Here ya go June. If you need reviving afterwards:  ;) ;) ;) ;D

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #8327 on: December 03, 2006, 08:56:14 am »
I would like to belatedly announce (I thought about this yesterday, in fact, but so many people seemed to be out of town or busy) a Finale Party in Chat.

I will be here from now (8 a.m. Eastern time) till about 8 p.m. Eastern tonight, and welcome those who are celebrating the completion of the Laramie Saga and the sixth volume, "The Red Stallion" to join me as I finish writing the Epilogue and we discuss the plots and plans going forward.

Party will be held in the FanFiction room on the OLD chat (Blue button)

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #8328 on: December 03, 2006, 08:56:52 am »
Thanks for that rationale David. As Milli would say - we push forward! (Or is that something Nick would say?)

Ha ha ha!    Yes, right when Jeremy says : "MORE!"    ;D

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #8329 on: December 03, 2006, 09:07:06 am »
you guys liked that game of "More," eh?