Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3167171 times)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #8340 on: December 03, 2006, 11:13:44 am »
The reception will be covered in a separate story.  The Epilogue occurs the day Ennis gets his legbone out, and the reception has to be after that.  So that will come after.

But first I am going to write the next story, "Dupree's Choice."

I will be starting it right away, i.e. tonight or tomorrow.  But right now, as the Sheriff says, we are all in chat and talking about plots and future plans!  and there are quite a few of us there!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #8341 on: December 03, 2006, 11:30:49 am »
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #8342 on: December 03, 2006, 11:44:27 am »
PHEW!     When you said that was the final chapter,  I thought you were going to skip the Reception!

Thanks for clearing that up.     :)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #8343 on: December 03, 2006, 11:59:35 am »
also, (I may eat these words later) you CAN make story requests.  If I think I can do it - I will.

Offline David

« Reply #8344 on: December 03, 2006, 12:03:16 pm »
also, (I may eat these words later) you CAN make story requests.  If I think I can do it - I will.

The wheels are turning in my head already........<big grin>

Offline Bigheart

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #8345 on: December 03, 2006, 12:10:31 pm »

Oh WOW Louise!! *puts thinking cap on*

Offline David

« Reply #8346 on: December 03, 2006, 12:14:31 pm »

OK!   Done!    Louisev "You've got mail" 

Offline synne

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #8347 on: December 03, 2006, 01:55:21 pm »
Heya Lhuthiel,

Greetings from another non- english speaker. Nice to have you aboard.

I speak Hungarian, and am pretty fluent in Hebrew , too.

I can't wait for Dupree's choice, either. Of course, I just don't see why he actually has to make a choice.... until he does, Louise will probably continue writing.. ;)

Hi everybody , Hi  Lhuthiel,

Hello Ronit

Are you actually saying you are from Hungary? Then I was your northern neighbor! Here around Toronto we are all  thoroughly mixed up and my best friend is Hungarian. I didn't realize, until I met her, how many words from your language I've known ( my grandparents spoke Hungarian but never taught me). I speak Slovak Czech and Russian.

we are nice mix here :)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2006, 06:49:29 pm by synne »

Offline Bigheart

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #8348 on: December 03, 2006, 02:25:26 pm »

Hi everybody

we are nice mix here :)

Hi! Yes, we are and it's great!  :)

merrobot

« Reply #8349 on: December 03, 2006, 03:04:04 pm »
Interesting situation with Dupree and Nick. Jeremy is still in the midst of coming to terms with his sexuality and the affect of his intense sexual experiences with Nick. He is far too emotionally up in the air to deal with Nick's declaration of falling in love in addition to this and he is also in no state to decide his attitude towards women on the basis of his forthcoming date. The physical has galloped miles ahead if the emotional. Just my opinion.

You raise some interesting points, Louise.  I think you're right that a declaration of love so early in the relationship is overwhelming for Dupree but the confusion he feels and the dominance of the physical seems entirely in proportion to what you would expect.  The early days of relationships are often characterised by spending a lot of time making love, often to the exclusion of all other activities, but at the same time I think the emotional develops alongside this.  The key issue for Dupree is whether he can reconcile his sexual identity, until that happens, he will probably continue to feel ill at ease.  I don't think the issue is so much about his attitude towards women but his own sense of sexual identity and orientation.  And I don't know that sex is necessarily the best way to determine your sexual orientation but I guess for some people it seems like the logical thing to do.