Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3166837 times)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #8630 on: December 19, 2006, 10:42:17 am »
Chapter 79:

They lay together, smoking, sipping on the remains of their last shots of Glenfiddich, when Ennis finally spoke, quietly, in the darkness.

“I want ta come back, darlin.  I want ta be here with you.”

“Thank you sweetheart. I was hopin you would, afraid ta ask an scare ya off.”

“Try it out for a bit, okay?” he said, inhaling, filling his lungs.  “Couple weeks, see how it goes.”

“Sure.  Anythin that feels okay fer you.”

“Ellery?”

“Hmmm... whassat...” a long hand came up to push Ennis’s hair back, caress his neck.

“I think yer right about yer theory.”

“That’s good.” 

Ennis sighed, setting down his glass on the beside table.  “Thank you,” he murmured, and before Ellery could reply, his eyes had closed and he had slipped into a deep, untroubled sleep.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline notBastet

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • no way out but through
« Reply #8631 on: December 19, 2006, 10:51:55 am »
Happy Birthday NavyVet!

(sorry didn't know where to post the message so you would see it...)
“It can be a little distressing to have to overintellectualize yourself” - Heath Ledger

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #8632 on: December 19, 2006, 10:53:05 am »
Oh, it's NavyVet's birthday? Happy birthday NV!

And look, we have passed 75,000 views! Wowza!

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #8633 on: December 19, 2006, 02:20:42 pm »
Happy birthday NavyVet! congratulations!

'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline NavyVet

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Harm/Tony - My fav rare pair
« Reply #8634 on: December 19, 2006, 02:58:22 pm »
Hoo-weeee!  I just saw all this!

Many thanx to all for the Birthday wishes!  I'm pretty lucky to be sharing this special day with a very special young man who we all love:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JAKE GYLLENHAAL!

What a wonderful actor - his memorable and beautiful portrayal of Jack Twist was a tour de force!

NavyVet
"Brokeback Mountain:  Where slash is canon!"

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #8635 on: December 19, 2006, 04:04:35 pm »

“Sure enough, Ellery,” Wayne nodded, and Ennis felt Wayne’s eyes on him, and kept his own gaze looking slightly away. He wondered if somehow Wayne thought of him as more attractive now that he and Ellery were a couple. Or maybe it was the new denims.

Awesome Jake picture - Thanks and Happy Birthday, NavyVet!

As for what Wayne's thinking - well I believe he's thinking about what is inside those new denims, Ennis!   ;D

From Chapter 77:

Ennis blanched. Ellery stared at him. “You are pokin into Ennis’s background? Isn’t that a little forward, Stew?”
[/i]

SPOILER

Well, what Ellery says to Stew is even more interesting in light of what we've found out in "What I Did on My Day Off"  - now we know that Ellery himself was pokin' around!

;D
Chapter 79:

They lay together, smoking, sipping on the remains of their last shots of Glenfiddich, when Ennis finally spoke, quietly, in the darkness.

“I want ta come back, darlin.  I want ta be here with you.”

“Thank you sweetheart. I was hopin you would, afraid ta ask an scare ya off.”

“Try it out for a bit, okay?” he said, inhaling, filling his lungs.  “Couple weeks, see how it goes.”

“Sure.  Anythin that feels okay fer you.”

“Ellery?”

“Hmmm... whassat...” a long hand came up to push Ennis’s hair back, caress his neck.

“I think yer right about yer theory.”

“That’s good.” 

Ennis sighed, setting down his glass on the beside table.  “Thank you,” he murmured, and before Ellery could reply, his eyes had closed and he had slipped into a deep, untroubled sleep.

One of my all-time favorite scenes!  Big Sigh.

Thanks - Marie

The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline brokebackjack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #8636 on: December 19, 2006, 11:24:17 pm »
Hey louise, the past week has seen a resurgence of your photocaps over on DCF. They have a new thread: Photocaps greatest hits

http://davecullen.com/forum/index.php?topic=17834.msg642453#msg642453

I had no idea your caps were so f'ing funny, I'm dying here. they've been on for the last week or so.

don't suppose you'd be anywhere near Vienna from the 10th to the 18th, would you?? Be there on our honeymoon.

Jack
"I couldn't stand it no more so i fixed it"

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #8637 on: December 20, 2006, 12:01:53 am »
funny you should mention that Jack, because  Jo mentioned to me that the Greatest Hits were rediscovering some of my photo caps.

I posted another set of 10 over on DC tonight and will be moving them onto Bettermost as time permits.

And no - I am leaving Europe very shortly and will not have time to go to Vienna, alas!  I wanted to go there last Christmas holiday when the company was closed but I ended up at first cancelling due to an anticipated blizzard, and was then asked to work over the holiday, so it worked out and it sort of didn't.  At least i got to listen to Beethoven's 9th and see "Fidelio" this time out, more than I got to last time!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline brokebackjack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #8638 on: December 20, 2006, 06:51:04 am »
If anybody on here visits DCF, do yourself a favor and check out Louise's Photocaps. they are the simplest, most apt, funniest damned things around, I'm still LMAO from  Jack's Speedo
"I couldn't stand it no more so i fixed it"

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #8639 on: December 20, 2006, 08:09:33 am »
Hello re-readers,

Chapters 81-85 today.

http://louisev.livejournal.com/23491.html

From Chapter 81:

As expected, Ellery was late returning, and heaved a sigh as he came in the door, then brightened up as he smelled the air. “Holy fuck that smells good Ennis. An those biscuits... I don’t care if the doughboy is second fiddle ta Edna Brown, he smells good enough ta eat right now!”

Ennis came out of the kitchen, wiping his hands, eyeing Ellery up and down. “You ready ta eat?”

“Yeah, let me get my uniform off though.”

Ennis pouted slightly. “Aw... can’t ya keep that on? I was thinkin after dinner I could have me a chief Deputy for dessert.”

“Uniform does that for ya, huh?” that glitter sparked in Ellery’s eyes as he advanced toward him and slid his hands up Ennis’s arms to the elbow, his breath close to his neck.

“Sure does, Deputy darlin...” Ennis rasped, turning his head and reaching up that small amount to press his mouth against Ellery’s knowing smile, grabbing his arms and capturing him so he could not pull away.

When he finally let Ellery go, they were panting slightly. “Somethin tells me that is a gettin fancy kiss, sweetheart.”

“Sure the hell is,” Ennis murmured. “Now let’s eat. I been waitin on you.”

L