Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3131979 times)

Offline gn411

• Sr. Ranch Hand
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #2490 on: August 02, 2006, 07:29:44 am »
Some house keeping:

Agree with Fred and his choices of favorite, most remembered moments and would add the entire scene where Ellery was freaking out over Beagle and Ennis just held him tight and even offering to bottom.  The sexual aspect isn’t important, what was important and memorable to me was the concept of the offer.

Agree with David about terms of endearment.  It depends on context and situation!

Attn Louise: Just finished your last chapter with Wes and Ellery in the car.  Bravo, so much said in so little time~!!!! Nice foreshadowing,  (tease).  I so much want to know more about these characters you have created.  Hell, I even want to go camping with them (and I HATE camping) nothing sexual,  I just want to get to know Ennis and Ellery and be friends.  You so satisfy yet entice my “ what happens next” questions.  The issue of Ellery’s money is so interesting.  How will Ennis react? How should Ellery introduce the issue?  Glad that Junior and Ennis’s other daughter issue raised again.  Great Job!

Leslie:  Hope your having a great time, wish I was there!

Offline magicmountain

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Fire from heaven
« Reply #2491 on: August 02, 2006, 08:28:54 am »
Hi Leslie,

Hope its a bit cooler in London than when I was there last week.

PS For a taste sensation, try one of the  pizzas at Pizza Express.
Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all. - Alexander the Great

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #2492 on: August 02, 2006, 10:11:05 am »

Attn Louise: Just finished your last chapter with Wes and Ellery in the car.  Bravo, so much said in so little time~!!!! Nice foreshadowing,  (tease).  I so much want to know more about these characters you have created.  Hell, I even want to go camping with them (and I HATE camping) nothing sexual,  I just want to get to know Ennis and Ellery and be friends.  You so satisfy yet entice my “ what happens next” questions.  The issue of Ellery’s money is so interesting.  How will Ennis react? How should Ellery introduce the issue?  Glad that Junior and Ennis’s other daughter issue raised again.  Great Job!

Leslie:  Hope your having a great time, wish I was there!

People kept clamoring on and on about Ennis's daughters so I sort of felt backed into that one!  But right now there is too much happening with the resolution of the murder cases and the shooters on the loose for me to get into that right now.  Ever feel like you have too many balls in the air to juggle them all?  And the issue of Ellery being not just well off but quite QUITE well off  is something he prefers to ignore and does not want to spook Ennis with.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #2493 on: August 02, 2006, 10:12:50 am »
Everyone should really be feeling sorry for me:  I spent the last two days... long, arduous ones!  testing and redesigning a very touchy module, and at last, AT LAST (long after I thought it would take a half an hour), about 20 hours into fixing it, it seems to be working.  However, there haven't been a lot of chapters forthcoming due to my brain getting drained.

I am looking forward to a slight improvement tomorrow, hoping that testing what I fixed holds on more rigorous test situations.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline coffeecat33

« Reply #2494 on: August 02, 2006, 10:53:21 am »
Hi Louise and everone, I was waiting to finish "Ennis & Ellery" but I'm on ch. 84 and I don't know when that'll happen so I'm jumping on board. I have a blog on Our Daily Thoughts, 'Going for Broke(back)' and posted this note because I like these lines:

“Oh stop the lyin to yerself Del Mar. You don’t wanna go. The sense of imminent doom swept over him as inexorably as it had the day of the snowstorm on Brokeback, when Jack struck their tent and he sat on a stump, looking up at him, disbelieving that their idyll had come to an end with one storm front.” Taking Chances by louisev

“crying, wordless, the sound of his unexplainable grief eloquent enough to be comforted.” –ch. 58 by louisev

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #2495 on: August 02, 2006, 11:09:16 am »
Everyone should really be feeling sorry for me:  I spent the last two days... long, arduous ones!  testing and redesigning a very touchy module, and at last, AT LAST (long after I thought it would take a half an hour), about 20 hours into fixing it, it seems to be working.  However, there haven't been a lot of chapters forthcoming due to my brain getting drained.

I am looking forward to a slight improvement tomorrow, hoping that testing what I fixed holds on more rigorous test situations.

Louise,
aaah, don't you just love IT?? ;D
anyway, don't worry, I still got some rereading to do on the previous chapters.
just make sure to have your brain in working order again by the weekend!

'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline gn411

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #2496 on: August 02, 2006, 11:09:42 am »
Louise: understand about having all those balls in the air.  The phone call was natural and something a daughter would do.  You put alot of stuff out there for us to taste and enjoy later, family issues, money, and even Wes and Edna, and the guys getting away.  After all this shooting and murders and legal stuff, good family drama will be a relief! ha!  

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #2497 on: August 02, 2006, 11:12:47 am »
Louise,
aaah, don't you just love IT?? ;D
anyway, don't worry, I still got some rereading to do on the previous chapters.
just make sure to have your brain in working order again by the weekend!

weekend?  weekend?  I'm going to London this weekend!  I have to go to bed early Friday so... no chapters Friday.  you guys are going to have to go back and reread stuff because I'm going to hang around sipping Pimm's and getting chunks of rice cakes all over the carpet in Leslie's room at the Waldorf Astoria. (or wherever it is we're staying.)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #2498 on: August 02, 2006, 11:17:49 am »
weekend?  weekend?  I'm going to London this weekend!  I have to go to bed early Friday so... no chapters Friday.  you guys are going to have to go back and reread stuff because I'm going to hang around sipping Pimm's and getting chunks of rice cakes all over the carpet in Leslie's room at the Waldorf Astoria. (or wherever it is we're staying.)

Radisson Berkshire Edwardian hotel...it ain't the Waldorf but it does have air conditioning!

Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #2499 on: August 02, 2006, 12:01:47 pm »
ah, oh... ok.

I am home now, snacking on yogurt and apples and in chat, and figuring out what other mean things I can do to the plot of the story as I head toward the ratiocinate conclusion of "Shelter From the Storm."

Edit:  Ohhhh I am so evil!  muahahaha you guys are going to like the next chapter.  Muahahahaha.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2006, 12:08:33 pm by louisev »