Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3167537 times)

Offline ranchgal

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #4890 on: October 03, 2006, 10:42:12 am »
OK What about the following horse motif with the middle horse in red garnet overlaid on a silver backing to symbolise the Red Stallion where Ennis and Ellery first met.

I really like this though I may change the outside shape alittle, it could be something meaningful and Ennis type practical at the same time.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #4891 on: October 03, 2006, 10:52:48 am »
Update to "The Long Way Home"

http://louisev.livejournal.com/126809.html  "Chapter 6:  Back to the Salt Mines"
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline souxi

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #4892 on: October 03, 2006, 11:10:05 am »
Which forward arrows?? Sorry for probably being a dense dumbass  ;D
I heard a song come on as soon as I clicked on the link, is that it? That was a pretty smoochy slow love song  :)  :-*

Elloooo June. Right, when you click on the link, in the top right hand side of the page is the name of the first song playing...pretty baby I think it is. Then there are a set of 2 small arrows like you get on a tape recorder? then a play one, then a square and 2 more forward arrows, click on those and forward it on, till you get "the first time" which is the 4th one. Perfect for our boys.  :P

Offline scudder

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #4893 on: October 03, 2006, 11:34:06 am »

I really like this though I may change the outside shape alittle, it could be something meaningful and Ennis type practical at the same time.

Ranchgal, this buckle is perfect for Ennis.  Smooth the edges and fix the center horse like you said.  It is PERFECT.

Offline scudder

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #4894 on: October 03, 2006, 11:36:03 am »
Sorry, I guess the idea is from Magicmountain.  No slight intended.

Offline christie wood

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #4895 on: October 03, 2006, 11:47:11 am »
I love the idea of Hugh Laurie, also Ralph Feinnes....  ::) Both are beautiful, beautiful men...

Someone said Rupert Everett is too young... I thought he was going on 50 or already there?

That was me who said that, and I now realise you are probably right!   :laugh:   

Offline christie wood

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #4896 on: October 03, 2006, 11:48:10 am »
OK What about the following horse motif with the middle horse in red garnet overlaid on a silver backing to symbolise the Red Stallion where Ennis and Ellery first met.

I absolutely love this one.  Great find.   :)

souxi2

« Reply #4897 on: October 03, 2006, 12:06:29 pm »
June if you see someone called souxi2 it,s me lol. I made a right pigs ear of something, so you,ll have to reply to "that" pm to this name lol. derrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr @ me. ::) ::) ::)
and not only that, but I cant remember how to do a siggy now. I,m having a real dork day today lol. ffs.  ::) ::) ::)
« Last Edit: October 03, 2006, 12:12:33 pm by souxi2 »

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #4898 on: October 03, 2006, 12:13:24 pm »
June if you see someone called souxi2 it,s me lol. I made a right pigs ear of something, so you,ll have to reply to "that" pm to this name lol. derrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr @ me. ::) ::) ::)
and not only that, but I cant remember how to do a siggy now. I,m having a real dork day today lol. ffs.  ::) ::) ::)

You are still listed with your 123 posts...haven't turned into a guest or anything.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Bigheart

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #4899 on: October 03, 2006, 12:20:09 pm »
FFS! What on earth did you do??  ::)   ;D

I'm getting around to replying to *that* pm!  ;) RL has been a bitch today  ::)  >:( I haven't even read the latest chapters yet  :'( :'(