Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3166624 times)

Offline Bigheart

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #5100 on: October 06, 2006, 11:13:38 am »
"Intimate chat without plot!" that is a great concept.

But of course you know... that isn't going to happen.
Why not? Just a few chapters here and there..... :) Please..... :D

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #5101 on: October 06, 2006, 11:39:02 am »

i wouldn't have it any other way, louise. The last chapter are great (hilarious, romantic, sad). i love never knowing what's coming next. I'm hanging on every word here!  :)

*updates once again*

Fabienne
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline synne

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #5102 on: October 06, 2006, 11:53:42 am »

Good sunny afternoon to all of you who create this cozy community and thanks Leslie for your welcome.
I finally finished reading whole LS and would like also to put my 2 cents into discussion  :D from time to time.

Louise,
you sure heard all compliments of the world about your writing already and I can’t come probably with nothing   original though I myself bow to your creativity, that’s what absolutely amazes me- your systematic day by day updates without any lack in plot and with good load of humor, always keeping us on the edge of the seat impatiently waiting for next parts. 
Tell me, Ellery couldn’t be serious about Bunny R. and her snapping Ennis’s… in ch.10, could he :o

Offline opinionista

« Reply #5103 on: October 06, 2006, 11:55:51 am »
Another lunchtime update - thanks Lousie.

SPOILER

OK... well this one left me feeling much like Ellery did by the end of it. I know that Bill deserves no sympathy, but I really couldn't help feeling sorry for him. This might just throw a bit of a cloud over the boys's engagement plans, or maybe make them realise the importance of what they have together. That they don't need to be playing the field because they have something very special.

I'm sure that I won't be the only one whose mind this crosses, but, does Bill's revelation mean that this particular spectre is back to haunt Ennis and Ellery? AIDS is really starting to have an impact on the patrons of the Red Stallion. I hope for them it is a place of refuge, where they can help and support each other (and perhaps educate each other on how to be safe).

Karen

I don't know what Louise has in store for us but judging from the plot itself, it's unlikely for Ellery to have AIDS. We learned from Taking Chances that by the time Ellery met Ennis, he and Bill had been separated for four years, and Ellery had no sexual relationship with anyone during that period of time. Well, there's Gabe Blackwell but Ellery told Ennis he used rubbers with him.

Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #5104 on: October 06, 2006, 12:03:54 pm »
Good sunny afternoon to all of you

I wish! where are you synne?

rainy, windy autumn friday over here (belgium)
ah well, not to worry, reading the saga is something i do indoors anyway  ;D

'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline synne

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #5105 on: October 06, 2006, 12:20:58 pm »
Are you mostly European here? 
I’m European too!
For now I’m living in Canada, here is sunny though cold, and I’m waiting and waiting for nice warm  Indian summer.

Offline caramelle58

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #5106 on: October 06, 2006, 12:31:15 pm »
I am in Switzerland and today its a sunny - if cool - day. It will be a bit warmer when I return to the southern part of Switzerland, that's where I work.

The american fraction is probabely not up yet.. ;D

Caramelle

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #5107 on: October 06, 2006, 12:34:08 pm »
I’m European too!
For now I’m living in Canada, here is sunny though cold, and I’m waiting and waiting for nice warm  Indian summer.

Hi Synne!  Good to see you here  :)

I live in Holland and the weather is terrible here too, about the same as Belgium and England. Yuck!  :(
I'm jealous  ;D Wish I was in Canada  :( I was there in August visiting all the BBM filming locations and I fell in love with the country. It's beautiful and I miss it  :)

:)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #5108 on: October 06, 2006, 12:38:18 pm »
I’m European too!

We have a very international group of people reading the Laramie Saga, Synne. I am in the US, Maine to be exact.

Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #5109 on: October 06, 2006, 12:40:11 pm »
Hi Synne nice to meet you. :) Welcome to the madhouse lol. Have you find the E&E picture gallery yet? Check it out, there are some seriously HOT pics there arnt there June?  ;) ;) We like HOT pics dont we hun?  ;) ;) ;)