Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3166352 times)

Offline Bigheart

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #5430 on: October 13, 2006, 06:03:10 am »
Morning everyone. I don't know if anyone watches Grey's Anatomy, but I watched it last night and I'm new to the programme so don't know who anyone is, but this guy was in it and I thought of Dupree straight away.  I know we already have a Dupree, so I hope you dont mind that I've posted this pic here - I'd be interested if anyone else thinks the same.  He's also got something going on with his sexuality, but I have no idea what.

OH Christie, thanks for posting this pic! I love this guy and I LOVE Grey's Anatomy. Been addicted to it for some time now.
I could definitely see Dupree being this guy, he's HOT and is a real good guy too  :)

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #5431 on: October 13, 2006, 06:12:29 am »

Oh, and I hope that you all have a Friday 13th free of mishap.

Karen

Thanks Karen, you too.  I hadn't even realised it was Friday the 13th..... ::)

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #5432 on: October 13, 2006, 06:12:44 am »
You'll still get paid won't you Louise?

As to this poker game. Maybe there could be two. Ellery can take on Jeeves (and anyone else who cares to join in) down at the Red Stallion, and they can forfeit all their cash to him. Then he can take Ennis home and have another game - with forfeits of a different kind  ;)

On a more serious note I think that this game will be very interesting. A real battle of wills. Chas knows that he is not going to be able to charm Ellery, and Ellery being the student of human nature that he is will be able to sus Chas out.

Oh, and I hope that you all have a Friday 13th free of mishap.

Karen

I like your way of thinking Kazza lol. Yes I think this game will be interesting too. I,m not even sure that Chas is really the guys name, might be wrong, just a feeling. And I hope you have a good Friday 13th too. I,m not risking it anyway, I,m staying right here lol. I,ve never watched Greys Anatomy btw, any good?

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #5433 on: October 13, 2006, 06:15:17 am »
Hmmm....   imagine if this guy showed up at the Sheriffs Office as a new rookie?   Think Dupree would have the hots for him?     I'm sure Ellery would be conflicted!

Offline christie wood

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #5434 on: October 13, 2006, 06:16:19 am »
I like your way of thinking Kazza lol. Yes I think this game will be interesting too. I,m not even sure that Chas is really the guys name, might be wrong, just a feeling. And I hope you have a good Friday 13th too. I,m not risking it anyway, I,m staying right here lol. I,ve never watched Greys Anatomy btw, any good?

Yes it is Souxi.  Living TV are showing it in the UK, but its series 2, whereas its up to series 3 in the US.  Its on every Thursday at 10.00pm.  Last night they had a special show after it that basically recapped everything that had happened from the beginning, which was great for me because the first episode I watched was last week, and it was something like episode 10 of the second series!  So now I feel a little more in the know about the characters.  

Anyhow, when I saw this guy (his name is Alex, but cant think of his surname at the moment), Dupree just sprung to mind.  Maybe he's not as muscular as Dupree is meant to be.  What do you think Louise?

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #5435 on: October 13, 2006, 06:18:20 am »
Heeee!

Is this Heath from Monsters Ball, David?

Offline christie wood

« Reply #5436 on: October 13, 2006, 06:18:43 am »
Hmmm....   imagine if this guy showed up at the Sheriffs Office as a new rookie?   Think Dupree would have the hots for him?     I'm sure Ellery would be conflicted!

Oh David thank you thank you thank you.  Isnt he just hot!   :P  God, I dont think Dupree would have any problem knowing which way he leaned if he saw Sonny walk through the door!  I think you are right about Ellery - he would have some serious problems wondering what to think about this rookie!!!!  

Great picture David - and a wonderful film.

Offline christie wood

« Reply #5437 on: October 13, 2006, 06:19:28 am »
Heeee!

Is this Heath from Monsters Ball, David?

It is June and what a fantasti film that was - Heath was incredible in that role, a real tortured soul.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #5438 on: October 13, 2006, 06:20:31 am »
Update to "The Red Stallion"

http://louisev.livejournal.com/132909.html  "Chapter 29: A Few Hands of Poker"
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #5439 on: October 13, 2006, 06:22:06 am »
It is June and what a fantasti film that was - Heath was incredible in that role, a real tortured soul.

A tortured soul is right...and he left the movie rather suddenly and shockingly. I wasn't prepared for that! I am not sure I will ever watch it again, but I am glad I watched it once.

L

PS...I am sure everyone has heard this a million times, but I'll mention it again for the one person on this planet who might not know this bit of trivia: this is the role that Larry McMurtry saw Heath in and said, "That's Ennis."
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!