Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
The Lighter Side / Re: Today's Wordle ------- spoilers alert!
« Last post by Sason on Yesterday at 08:10:21 pm »
Oh, that's right, of course.
Couldn't make it out from the words in the game.

Thanks Lee!
Cellar Scribblings / Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Last post by CellarDweller on Yesterday at 06:59:28 pm »
Wow, Chuck! What an ordeal! The nerve of those C-suite people turning desk workers into schleppers and stevedores!! If I were a commercial entity and found out my documents were being treated that way, I'd change banks! Enjoy your staycation and heal up!!

My windows need cleaning too. I would love to be able to see all the spring flowers clearly from inside.

Isn't it funny how modern cars always need to have four new tires, never just one or two??  ::)

That's outrageous that they expected you to use your own vehicle (use your own fuel?) to transport those files/that company property.

As for reconfiguring space, I understand my late employer has been doing that, too (except that the company owns its own building). My former colleague has been classified as permanently working remotely--no cube in the office for her!

Yes, I used my own gas and car for this, but I'll  be covered financially for that.  I can (and will) file an expense report, I'll get reimbursed for my tolls, and get a set amount of money per mile  I drove, so in the end, I'll end up with an extra credit for about $150.00 or so back into my account.

As for the tires, I'm replacing all 4 because they are the same tires that were on the car when I first got it in 2019.  As of March of 2020, we were all under quarantine, and not driving.  So the tires were not really used.

They're not threadbare or anything, but the treads are pretty worn, so I want to get a full new set on the car before winter comes again. We're already in month 5 of the year.
« Last post by Front-Ranger on Yesterday at 06:29:50 pm »
Let's see, there's joules (measure of the Sun's energy), carat (measuring the weight of a diamond), Hertz (measuring the pitch of sound), and ohms, measuring electrical resistance.
Cellar Scribblings / Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Last post by Jeff Wrangler on Yesterday at 06:06:58 pm »
Maybe the bank is planning to turn its one-and-a-half locations into apartments, like in this New Yorker article.

Careful when you step out your front door. You might be in the middle of the drive-through.
« Last post by Sason on Yesterday at 05:33:52 pm »
Connections
Puzzle #328
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟪🟪🟪🟩
🟩🟪🟪🟩
🟪🟩🟪🟩
🟩🟪🟪🟪

>:( >:( >:(

What are those units of measure? I can't think of any that sound like those purple words.
« Last post by Sason on Yesterday at 05:31:45 pm »
Strands #62
?The horror?
🔵💡🔵💡
🔵💡🔵💡
🔵🟡

This one was tricky for me, I needed plenty of hints.
« Last post by Sason on Yesterday at 05:30:34 pm »
Wordle 1 050 5/6

⬜🟨⬜⬜🟨 OUIJA
⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜ TYRES
⬜🟨🟨⬜⬜ PLANK
🟨🟩🟨⬜🟩 LAUDE
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 VALUE
« Last post by Sason on Yesterday at 05:28:54 pm »
This is the only one that went well today.

:laugh:

Strands #62
?The horror?
🔵🔵🔵🟡
🔵🔵

https://www.nytimes.com/games/strands

No wonder, it's right up your alley Chuck! :laugh:
« Last post by serious crayons on Yesterday at 05:09:08 pm »
the games are not my friends today!

Even more so for me. I got literally zero in Connections, and in fact the only one I came even close on was "enjoy." I got 4/6 in Wordle, which isn't enough to cheer me up from my Connections defeat, especially because I got it by googling "words that end in UE." And I got one wrong in Flashback. I always get one wrong (occasionally two). One of these days I'll get a perfect score!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10