Author Topic: Jake Jake Jake!  (Read 3175609 times)

Offline Sophia

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Your elbows, try to lick them
Re: Jake Jake Jake!
« Reply #4860 on: December 12, 2009, 05:40:00 pm »

(Am I wrong in thinking that Jake and the Octopus have the same sort of eyes 
(as in large  and round )?

ha ha, defently not. I can see the recemblance too. So why seperate, they are such cute couple with those doggie eyes.  ;D

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #4861 on: December 13, 2009, 03:49:01 am »
Does anybody know whether, during whatever interviews Jake gave for Brothers, the subject of Heath Ledger's death was ever raised? After all, it was during the filming of Brothers that Jake was first informed of Heath's passing.

I bet he has a stipulation that he'll only come on and be interviewed if he isn't asked about it.  Along with the stipulation that he be allowed to talk about his own pubic hair.

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #4862 on: December 13, 2009, 08:56:57 pm »
Saw the movie Brothers.  Great acting all the way around.  Jake looks great even down and scuzzy.

My review is over in the movie thread.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #4863 on: December 16, 2009, 01:48:02 pm »
From IMDB:

Reese Witherspoon, Jake Gyllenhaal no longer down on the farm
2 hours ago | Zap2It - The Dish Rag | See recent Zap2It - The Dish Rag news »

As is often the case, the persistent rumors of a Hollywood split are spot on.

The Dish Rag will call them 'trumors.'

Reese Witherspoon and Jake Gyllenhaal are no longer down on the farm. Although there has been -- and probably will never be -- an official confirmation from their camps.

It's been reported on various celebrity news and gossip sites that the relationship ended amicably.

But it was hard to believe since Reese bragged in October to InStyle that she and Jake spent weekends together at her farmhouse in Ojai where they had chickens, and grew tomatoes and cucumbers and Jake talked gushingly about learning so much from the kids in his life.

Sure sounded picture perfect.

Now we hear that they did end their relationship a few weeks ago.  Sounds like these two ended their relationship as quietly and privately as they began it, on the set of "Rendition. »

- [email protected]

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #4864 on: December 16, 2009, 02:09:02 pm »

Hi Chrissi,

MSNBC is now posting this article and headline about the Jake/ Reese rumors.  I'm not going to copy the whole article, but I am including the link here.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34447323/ns/entertainment-access_hollywood/
Witherspoon and Gyllenhaal reportedly split
Actress felt pressured to wed, but wasn’t ready, source tells Us Weekly

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #4865 on: December 16, 2009, 02:19:37 pm »
Hi Chrissi,

MSNBC is now posting this article and headline about the Jake/ Reese rumors.  I'm not going to copy the whole article, but I am including the link here.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34447323/ns/entertainment-access_hollywood/
Witherspoon and Gyllenhaal reportedly split
Actress felt pressured to wed, but wasn’t ready, source tells Us Weekly

I feel bad for Jake.

I kinda have my doubts about some of the things Reese supposedly said.  She is written as saying something like - Jake wanted to be together all the time, but with her career and the kids, she couldn't - as if Jake himself didn't have a career that took him away from Reese and the kids.

And it also has her saying something like, she felt she wasn't giving all her energy to her kids with Jake in the picture...well, yeah, when you have an adult relationship as well as kids, you DO have to sacrifice some time in your kids' lives to be with that person.  

But I can definitely see Jake wanting to get married.  He's young, he wants to start a family, be a family.  Why waste the best part of your years with someone when you don't have a future with them?

I feel bad for her kids as well.  They've had him in their lives, probably been encouraged to see him as a close friend and now he'll be gone out of their lives.

Offline Sammi

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Where bluebirds sing and there's a whiskey spring
« Reply #4866 on: December 16, 2009, 02:29:09 pm »
I think it's for the best.  He probably wants to have kids of his own and maybe she did not want to have any more.  I do feel bad for her kids since they got to know him.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #4867 on: December 16, 2009, 06:32:33 pm »

I hope that it really is over.  I hope she doesnt just keep jerking him back and forth.  He wont have
trouble finding someone else to be with.  Besides I think her ego is hard to overcome.

Beautiful mind

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #4868 on: December 16, 2009, 08:47:07 pm »
I'll be the first to admit that I certainly don't know a lot about Reese.  But, from what I understand she had a pervious bad marriage.  Maybe she's learned that marriage isn't for her.  Who knows.  I'm certainly not going to judge someone because they don't feel like marriage is right for them, or right for them at a particular phase in their life.  To me it actually shows a good deal of self-awareness and maturity to not step into a marriage if they feel it isn't right or the right time. [I'm not the biggest fan of the concept of marriage to begin with... so my perspective on this is less than romantic].  Maybe she does eventually want a marriage again, but this just wasn't the one for her... or maybe she's just interested in long-term relationships at this point.  Again, who knows?

I'm sure both Reese and Jake both have pretty substantial egos.

Anyway, we probably don't have many reliable details about what actually happened since both Jake and Reese seem to be pretty good at keeping their personal lives reasonably discrete (for celebrities).

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Mikaela

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #4869 on: December 17, 2009, 12:46:16 pm »
Back in the days of the Brokeback premiere and subsequent awards season I thought Jake and Anne Hathaway looked like the perfect couple. Back then Anne was with her con man SO, and once she got away from him, Jake was involved with Reese. But now I guess they both are unattached (? - I don't follow all the gossip) *and* they've just made a movie together with lots of love scenes....

Interesting possiblities IMO.  ;D