Author Topic: The BetterMost Daily Diary  (Read 53729 times)

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: The BetterMost Daily Diary
« Reply #100 on: July 19, 2007, 10:25:16 am »
yes they can

I am always a bit suspicious of someone that DOESN'T like animals..

A lot of people don't like animals for a wide range of reasons. That doesn't make them bad persons. Some are allergic, others don't like the smell or don't want to deal with the hassle of having to clean after them or taking them out, etc. I love animals but I know a lot of people who don't and they are wonderful, loving and great people.

Ps. I also met a man who loved his dog and beat his wife. He's in jail now, where he belongs.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2007, 10:31:03 am by opinionista »
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #101 on: July 20, 2007, 01:08:26 am »
I am mad. I had to renew my check cashing card because it got worn out. Well, while it was gone, I accidentally overdrew my checking account. I had the money in savings, but just didn't realize I needed to transfer!! I got 4 NSF fees---$25.00 each. So that's $100.00 gone. I have been with that bank for 10 years, and I asked them to waive the fees. They waived 1 of them. Does it really cost the bank $25.00 to take care of each NSF?? I know it's my fault, but as far as I can remember--that's my first overdraw at that bank.  All 4 of the overdraw amounts were LESS than the $25.00 fee. UGH. I am mad at myself and at my BANK!!!! It's like burning $75.00 which is NO fun.

Then my cousin tells me a while back the same thing happened to him. He went to the bank in person---and the same bank officer waived all 4 of his overdraw fees!!! He was mad because they'd cashed the largest check first, and if they'd cashed all the others first, he would have had only 1 NSF fee. I talked to the bank guy over the phone and he even LECTURED me.

Ugh---probably because I'm a woman and I wasn't adamant. I need to be more forceful, I guess. Shoulda gone in person.  

Now the good. My aunt cooked supper tonight for my cousins and me. She made dressing, chicken and dumplings, corn, green beans with potatoes, tomatoes, and for dessert apple pie and vanilla bean ice cream. Man, it was good ...... and fattening. Home cooked meal---yummy!! Then she gave me some of it to bring home for tomorrow plus a cantaloupe and a watermelon. I'm set. LOL
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #102 on: July 20, 2007, 01:18:26 am »
Shasta, I say good for you for even asking them to waive them.  I've had several more than zero NSFs, and it never occurred to me to do that.  I admire you.

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #103 on: July 20, 2007, 01:26:31 am »
Shasta, I say good for you for even asking them to waive them.  I've had several more than zero NSFs, and it never occurred to me to do that.  I admire you.

Thanks, Elle. I appreciate that. Man, I try not to overdraw---I hate that money going to nothing for me. LOL. Also---are you ever late on a payment? Most creditors charge $29.00 for a late fee. Well, if you call and ask nicely---they will credit that late fee to your balance (they will forgive once every 6 months usually). I DO get late fees here and there, so I have called and used that little feature several times. One of my credit cards started charging $35.00 late fees and I paid them off and dropped them. That was TOOOO steep, and I am too forgetful sometimes. Haven't been late so much since billing went online--thankful for that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #104 on: July 20, 2007, 01:48:38 am »

Go get your money back! Tell them you have been a good customer of the bank for 10 years-I work in a bank (or I did til they kicked me to the curb) and playing the "good customer" card can go a long way.

I don't like rodents at all (in bold, caps, red and 24 font) but I'm sorry you lost them. When we were kids, baby birds would fall out of the nest built in our roof tiles. My sis and I would try to incubate (cook) them and keep them alive. It was always tragic when they didn't survive. We had very elaborate funerals and there are a bizillion birds buried in (now) my brothers back yard.

I leave for Calgary Saturday and OMG is it ever time! Work is about to wear me out. One of the interns left to go back home to Philly today. I love her-even after just 3 weeks and will miss her. My other Philly intern will leave when I'm in Alberta and I will be very (in bold, caps, red and 24 font) sad cuz I love him to pieces. I wish he would stop calling me "ma" though...

My house is a mess, the guest bedroom (which needs to be used in my absence) is littered with mail and other crap, dirty dishes in the sink, cat hair and dust everywhere else (probably in the sink as well) and I am doing what I do best-procrastinate!

Oh well, looks like tomorrow will be a cleaning all-nighter!

Happy Friday loverlies

O0

Heathen

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #105 on: July 20, 2007, 01:52:07 am »
I am mad. I had to renew my check cashing card because it got worn out. Well, while it was gone, I accidentally overdrew my checking account. I had the money in savings, but just didn't realize I needed to transfer!! I got 4 NSF fees---$25.00 each. So that's $100.00 gone. I have been with that bank for 10 years, and I asked them to waive the fees. They waived 1 of them. Does it really cost the bank $25.00 to take care of each NSF?? I know it's my fault, but as far as I can remember--that's my first overdraw at that bank.  All 4 of the overdraw amounts were LESS than the $25.00 fee. UGH. I am mad at myself and at my BANK!!!! It's like burning $75.00 which is NO fun.

Then my cousin tells me a while back the same thing happened to him. He went to the bank in person---and the same bank officer waived all 4 of his overdraw fees!!! He was mad because they'd cashed the largest check first, and if they'd cashed all the others first, he would have had only 1 NSF fee. I talked to the bank guy over the phone and he even LECTURED me.

Ugh---probably because I'm a woman and I wasn't adamant. I need to be more forceful, I guess. Shoulda gone in person.  

Now the good. My aunt cooked supper tonight for my cousins and me. She made dressing, chicken and dumplings, corn, green beans with potatoes, tomatoes, and for dessert apple pie and vanilla bean ice cream. Man, it was good ...... and fattening. Home cooked meal---yummy!! Then she gave me some of it to bring home for tomorrow plus a cantaloupe and a watermelon. I'm set. LOL

The same thing happened to me, Shasta.  Only, my charges totaled $500.00 and the bank promised to waive the overdraft charges for 3 of them, but never did.  I refused to pay and they're now threatening to sue.  I don't care.  I had it out with the young CS guy telling him that I've been banking at his bank since before he was born, and that they just lost a 35 year customer.  I emptied my savings and opened a credit union checking and savings.  I'm a lot happier now.  $38.00 for overdraft charges that they approved on debit Visa.  The nerve of some people!

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #106 on: July 20, 2007, 01:56:58 am »
I leave for Calgary Saturday and OMG is it ever time! Work is about to wear me out. One of the interns left to go back home to Philly today. I love her-even after just 3 weeks and will miss her. My other Philly intern will leave when I'm in Alberta and I will be very (in bold, caps, red and 24 font) sad cuz I love him to pieces. I wish he would stop calling me "ma" though...

Have fun in Calgary, RouxB!! What kind of interns were you training?

My house is a mess, the guest bedroom (which needs to be used in my absence) is littered with mail and other crap, dirty dishes in the sink, cat hair and dust everywhere else (probably in the sink as well) and I am doing what I do best-procrastinate!

LOL. You sound like me!! Are you a Libra? I will dust and then 3 days later---it's back. It's like--what's the use? If I leave it a few days, it looks the same. My cousin, who lets my dogs out, sometimes writes a note in it.

OMG. Once she wrote "Nice" in the dust on my stove---shows you how much I cook.

Good luck with your clean-up nite--maybe some nice people will help you.  :P Have a great trip!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #107 on: July 20, 2007, 02:01:33 am »
The same thing happened to me, Shasta.  Only, my charges totaled $500.00 and the bank promised to waive the overdraft charges for 3 of them, but never did.  I refused to pay and they're now threatening to sue.  I don't care.  I had it out with the young CS guy telling him that I've been banking at his bank since before he was born, and that they just lost a 35 year customer.  I emptied my savings and opened a credit union checking and savings.  I'm a lot happier now.  $38.00 for overdraft charges that they approved on debit Visa.  The nerve of some people!

Holy geez---$38.00!!! And I thought our $25.00 was high. Why did they go back on what they said? They should have contacted you before it went up to $500.00. That's what my cousin told me to do--change banks. There aren't that many options in a town of < 3,000, tho. And I'd have to change all my info. on my online payments. UGH. So much trouble. I'll just be mad at them. LOL

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #108 on: July 21, 2007, 02:34:40 am »
I got a baby nephew today at 1:00pm. 8 pounds, 21 inches tall with an interesting name...

The dishes are done. floors mopped, bathroom clean, (some) laundry done. I have much left to do but it will have to wait til 6am. I'm way too tired.

Alberta bound!

O0

Heathen

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #109 on: July 21, 2007, 02:49:26 am »
Congrats on the new nephew, RouxB!! You're not gonna share the interesting name??

And have FUN, FUN, FUN in Alberta!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~