Author Topic: Animals In Our Lives  (Read 1006501 times)

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
Re: Animals In Our Lives
« Reply #220 on: April 02, 2008, 02:05:50 pm »
pictures please!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline MsMercury

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #221 on: April 03, 2008, 02:31:45 am »
Awww, what a cute little hammie!

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #222 on: April 03, 2008, 04:59:53 pm »
LOL! I love the hammy and doggy one!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline BelAir

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #223 on: May 14, 2008, 12:15:37 am »
Amanda,

Does your cat have a history of flea problems? 

There is an oral anti-flea product called Program/lufenuron.  It may not be quite as effective for a cat with flea allergies, etc.  but it works fine for my cats.  The topical products all gave the cats horrible dandruff so I switched to Program (it is also a cheaper product at my vets, at least).

Poll: favorite cat litter?

I recently switched Arm and Hammer types (from Super Scooper to multi cat) and it was ABSOLUTE DISASTER.  I am NEVER buying the multi cat kind again!

8)
"— a thirst for life, for love, and for truth..."

Offline Hersch

• Don't Say Much
  • I live on small horse farm in west central Indiana
« Reply #224 on: May 16, 2008, 04:03:17 pm »
I currently have two horses, two dogs, three goats and two cats in the barn. I have had as many as sixteen cats but they keep running off to search for romance or get killed by coyotes or foxes. The two left are Pumpkin and Miss Kitty.. Miss Kitty is pregnant so I should have more "mousers" this summer.

The goats are Gilbert Gandolfini, a Swiss Taggenberg, Pedro Cruz, a nubian goat, and Bambi Bensinger, a miniature-mix who is crippled. My neighbors gave her to me. She got frost bite when she was born and lost parts of her rear legs. She gets along fine ,is very fast, but just slants a bit!

My dogs are K.D. Fang a tiger striped brindled hound mix who is old and deaf,but still very active, and Blue my Australian Cattle dog.

The horses are Pris (Jays Red Snip) and her son, L.B. (Tardys Rey Jay). I've had Pris since she was four. She is nineteen now. L.B. is five. They are both Foundation registered American Quarter Horses ( the horse of the American cowboy) which means they have very old bloodlines with less than 20% Thoroughbred ancestry.

I keep thinking about raising chickens, but not too sure I want to go there.

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • I swear.............
« Reply #225 on: May 16, 2008, 04:26:23 pm »
I currently have two horses, two dogs, three goats and two cats in the barn. I have had as many as sixteen cats but they keep running off to search for romance or get killed by coyotes or foxes. The two left are Pumpkin and Miss Kitty.. Miss Kitty is pregnant so I should have more "mousers" this summer.

The goats are Gilbert Gandolfini, a Swiss Taggenberg, Pedro Cruz, a nubian goat, and Bambi Bensinger, a miniature-mix who is crippled. My neighbors gave her to me. She got frost bite when she was born and lost parts of her rear legs. She gets along fine ,is very fast, but just slants a bit!

My dogs are K.D. Fang a tiger striped brindled hound mix who is old and deaf,but still very active, and Blue my Australian Cattle dog.

The horses are Pris (Jays Red Snip) and her son, L.B. (Tardys Rey Jay). I've had Pris since she was four. She is nineteen now. L.B. is five. They are both Foundation registered American Quarter Horses ( the horse of the American cowboy) which means they have very old bloodlines with less than 20% Thoroughbred ancestry.

I keep thinking about raising chickens, but not too sure I want to go there.

I hear you about the Chickens!
My Step Mom  wants to get them so my daughter will know what it's like to collect eggs!
I told she can do that at the Piggly Wiggly for a lot less trouble!LOL
She didn't think it was funny!
We have 14 cats that hang out around the barn, the shop and the house.
Only 3 of them are named.  I only know Sissy I forgetthe other two.
We have 6 dogs- Briar, Jody, Rody, Patty, Terri and Lobo
The horses we have are all rescues: Dancer, Trio, Ellie, Moriah and Ginger. We just lost two this winter Donna and Gambler.
Donna had a stroke and Gambler just faded away after Donna passed.
I love the farm. Wish I could live there full time.
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

injest

« Reply #226 on: May 16, 2008, 06:22:22 pm »
Amanda,

Does your cat have a history of flea problems? 

There is an oral anti-flea product called Program/lufenuron.  It may not be quite as effective for a cat with flea allergies, etc.  but it works fine for my cats.  The topical products all gave the cats horrible dandruff so I switched to Program (it is also a cheaper product at my vets, at least).

Poll: favorite cat litter?

I recently switched Arm and Hammer types (from Super Scooper to multi cat) and it was ABSOLUTE DISASTER.  I am NEVER buying the multi cat kind again!

8)

I use basic clay...no additives or anything. just seems easier to clean up to me.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #227 on: May 19, 2008, 06:05:45 am »
I got a new pic of my Mäxi for you David (and everybody). I found it so cute and thought I'd share:

Offline BelAir

« Reply #228 on: July 12, 2008, 08:23:01 pm »
Cat people - I'm curious if you have any favorite hairball remedies/prevention strategies??

There's a hairball epidemic at my house!!

:P
"— a thirst for life, for love, and for truth..."

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #229 on: July 12, 2008, 08:30:09 pm »
Ewwwww....I always hated those little surprises!!!

When I had a cat, I used a treatment that was sort of an ointment in a tube. I got it at Petco, but I don't know the name. You put in on the cat's paws and he/she licks it off.  

I think my next kitty will be a Sphynx cat!  :P ;D
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~