Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3762653 times)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #1670 on: February 27, 2007, 02:15:05 pm »
As much as I like Jake, I have to agree with this. Jake does look the same in every role. Same thing happens with Julia Roberts. She looks like Julia Roberts in every movie! Unlike Nicole Kidman, for example, who has chamaleonic qualities just like Heath.

Exactly, Natali, good example.

Another one who always looks the same is Hugh Grant. Recent reviews of his new movie, "Music and Lyrics" even acknowledged this, saying that Hugh Grant has finally given up trying to play other characters and has decided to play Hugh Grant.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline ranchgal

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #1671 on: February 28, 2007, 07:37:54 pm »
Another thing you have to keep in mind is he is just coming off all the filmfest  premieres of Candy, and he looks now like he did in the film---and in playing a druggie, he really kept himself thin and scraggy.
I agree he really doesn't care what anyone else thinks of his "look" and does what he wants to when he wants to.   I really wish he would trim his hair myself--BUT I don't think we will see a different looking Heath until such time as he has a different look for a character that he needs to develop.

And I agree about the relationship rumor too---one disagreement hardly makes a split,(no one would be together if it did!)  and if it happened, I wouldn't pay it much mind--I refuse to believe anything coming off gawker--and until Heath and/or Michelle or their representatives say it--I don't believe it's true.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #1672 on: March 02, 2007, 02:25:05 am »
Thanks for the hunkiedom refreshers, Katherine, to clear the palate.  :)

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #1673 on: March 02, 2007, 03:02:31 am »
Ugly??? Take a look back at some of the photos in this thread for a refresher
course  :P Just take a look at Uberlibran's avatar (which, I confess, I "borrowed")! Now, I'm not saying he doesn't frequently look homeless but that is one of the things that draws me to him-he isn't (as far as I know and I don't know much) a Hollywood commodity. With his crazy hair and clothes and occasional testy attitude he is true to himself.

O0

Heathen

Offline oilgun

« Reply #1674 on: March 03, 2007, 03:37:34 pm »
One of the few pics without sunglasses. This pic has a special appeal to me.

Wow, what a great picture!  Is it really a polaroid?  We don't see too many of those these days, I love the colours they produce.

Offline notBastet

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • no way out but through
« Reply #1675 on: March 04, 2007, 02:00:09 pm »
Exactly, Natali, good example.

Another one who always looks the same is Hugh Grant. Recent reviews of his new movie, "Music and Lyrics" even acknowledged this, saying that Hugh Grant has finally given up trying to play other characters and has decided to play Hugh Grant.

L

Oh mi gosh, that cracks me up...  HG finally deciding to play HG...

On other topics, I know what you mean Natali, re: the looks kinda ugly thing.  I too don't think that "he's ugly" but yeah, some days he just don't look too good...  But you know, I feel that way about myself all the time.  ("Not lookin' too hot today, Kel") And, it's okay... cause you know, that's not really the focus of my day.

Anyhow, no one ever comments on Four Feathers... did you guys like how he looked in that one??
“It can be a little distressing to have to overintellectualize yourself” - Heath Ledger

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #1676 on: March 04, 2007, 03:07:06 pm »
I don't have anything particular to say; I just want to add a post so that it gets closer to the time that when I hit the "new" button to call up this thread it goes automatically to the next page instead of this one. I hate clicking on "Heath Heath Heath" and having the first thing I see being a post about Heath supposedly being unattractive.

Beauty is so in the eye of the beholder. I know this sounds mind-blowing, but I'm not that enraptured by Jake's appearance. Yes, I can see why people find him handsome, and at times I myself think he's cute. He's charming on talk shows, and he dresses fairly well in a casual way. But he just doesn't ... grab me, you know what I mean? He always looks sort of the same, so his appearance strikes me as ... I don't know, predictable or facile or obvious or something. I feel that way when watching BBM, and I feel that way in RL.

But you don't see me going onto the "Jake Jake Jake" thread to air my views and analyze what I perceive to be his physical flaws. It's enough for me to realize that plenty of people DO find him hot. I figure they probably have their reasons.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #1677 on: March 04, 2007, 03:27:27 pm »
Wow, what a great picture!  Is it really a polaroid?  We don't see too many of those these days, I love the colours they produce.

Hm, yes, I believe I've read that it is indeed a polaroid. But don't nail me down to it.
Glad you like it too :).

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #1678 on: March 04, 2007, 04:13:06 pm »
I don't have anything particular to say; I just want to add a post so that it gets closer to the time that when I hit the "new" button to call up this thread it goes automatically to the next page instead of this one. I hate clicking on "Heath Heath Heath" and having the first thing I see being a post about Heath supposedly being unattractive.

Supporting you on this one  ;D.

, but I'm not that enraptured by Jake's appearance. Yes, I can see why people find him handsome, and at times I myself think he's cute. He's charming on talk shows, and he dresses fairly well in a casual way. But he just doesn't ... grab me, you know what I mean? He always looks sort of the same, so his appearance strikes me as ... I don't know, predictable or facile or obvious or something. I feel that way when watching BBM, and I feel that way in RL.

Yes, I find him indeed handsome. That's the right expression. But like you already said: he doesn't grab me. For my personal taste (and everybody from the JJJ thread will and is entitled to disagree) he's a bit too smooth, too even.

Time for a cute Heath pic:

And I think we can all melt on this one, no matter if we're ususally on the JJJ thread or the HHH thread  :D:

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #1679 on: March 04, 2007, 04:29:07 pm »
Darned! This page has to turn sometime. How many posts are on one page before it turns to the next page?

No, I don't have a point. Just pushing posts  ;D. But at least I have another Heath pic, even if it's it repeat. I just love all those Toronto pics  :):

Edit: I reached the target  ;). The page has turned to site #113 ;D.