Author Topic: Human Interest and Two Crows Joy by MadLori  (Read 312543 times)

Offline Kazza

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Human Interest and Two Crows Joy by MadLori
« Reply #120 on: December 11, 2006, 10:44:02 am »
SPOILER

This was another perfectly pitched chapter.

It was mostly exposition, which in less skilled hands could have been very dull reading, but this was artfully handled.

I’m delighted that the local troublemakers have been dealt with and it was nice to meet Erland Reynolds, our undercover hero. I also liked how the ambush was relayed in both real time explanation and flashback – we got the best of both worlds that way.

The conversation with Junior was very moving. The discovery of the shirts has definitely given Ennis and Jack’s relationship deeper and more permanent foundations.

The conversation at the end was lovely. Ennis and Jack may have reached this new understanding of themselves but doesn’t stop them griping at each other when they’re tired or fed up. Then making up at the end. It had just the right tone.  :)

I was wondering, we have seen Ennis ride to Jack’s rescue (figuratively speaking) a few times, e.g. following Bobby’s death (to a certain extent), after Jack was attacked, kissing Jack at the Christmas party to stand up for them and now hightailing it to Jack’s side when he needed him most. I’d love to see Jack’s reaction to Ennis needing him, as Ennis always seems to be the strong one in a crisis. Ennis acted against expectations when Jack was attacked – remaining calm and focussed. I wonder what Jack would do in similar circumstances – would he become a ball of white hot fury? Sorry – wandered slightly from discussing the actual story there, but I do love the way that these characters have been developed and I can’t help these little speculations.

Have I mentioned before how much I love this story?  ;D

Karen

Offline souxi

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #121 on: January 01, 2007, 08:34:05 am »
Is this fic going to be updated any time soon? It,s such a good story and it,s been a while.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #122 on: January 05, 2007, 09:02:51 am »
As I mentioned on the Zero at the Bone discussion, Lori gave a status to Other Forum and didn't stop by here to tell us... she is still writing though slowly and more of an update will be forthcoming shortly.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #123 on: January 05, 2007, 02:37:16 pm »
As I mentioned on the Zero at the Bone discussion, Lori gave a status to Other Forum and didn't stop by here to tell us... she is still writing though slowly and more of an update will be forthcoming shortly.

Ok sorry Louise. I,m not reading Zero at the bone so I didnt see that. Hope she updates soon. I,ts been ages and ages.  :( :(

Offline MadLori

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Remember - Jack Nasty loves you.
« Reply #124 on: January 05, 2007, 10:05:56 pm »
Thank you all for your patience.  I can't believe it's been almost a month.  Sure didn't FEEL that long.

http://community.livejournal.com/humaninterest/72308.html
Jack:  I could kick your ass any day of the week.
Ennis:  Then the weeks where you live must have a No Fuckin' Way Day.

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #125 on: January 19, 2007, 12:53:35 pm »
Tapping foot...Waiting for a new chapter...   :D

mvansand76

« Reply #126 on: January 19, 2007, 02:07:43 pm »
Tapping foot...Waiting for a new chapter...   :D

Oh me too!!!! I can't wait what's gonna happen with Ennis' brother! Are you reading Zero at the Bone too, Eric?

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #127 on: January 19, 2007, 03:58:31 pm »
Are you reading Zero at the Bone too, Eric?

No.  I'm not gonna start another story unless it's finished.   ;)

mvansand76

« Reply #128 on: January 19, 2007, 04:48:36 pm »
No.  I'm not gonna start another story unless it's finished.   ;)

I understand, since the waiting for chapters is terrible sometimes...

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #129 on: January 20, 2007, 09:05:34 am »
I understand, since the waiting for chapters is terrible sometimes...

Yes it sure is. I,ve stopped looking for updates on Dreaming for instance. I,ve totally lost interest in it now. I dont think I,ll bother with it if she does ever update it. I,m enjoying this one too, very much. I,ts a shame if it doesnt get updated very often because you kind of forget whats going on and I dont want that to happen with this because it,s so good.  I still think it,s a terrible shame about FON. :'( I wish Jenna would finish that, but it doesnt seem likely unless anyone knows anything I dont.