Author Topic: Human Interest and Two Crows Joy by MadLori  (Read 312537 times)

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • ...a love that will never grow old
Re: Human Interest and Two Crows Joy by MadLori
« Reply #160 on: April 04, 2007, 07:57:53 pm »
I love this story-it was one of my first fics so has a soft spot in my heart. This chapter, though, caused me to disconnect. It was kinda too much for me. Too many trials and tribulations for the guys and I couldn't wrap my head around this latest one.

I'm still a big fan, still eagerly await the next installment, just without any emotion.

O0
« Last Edit: April 06, 2007, 04:29:45 pm by RouxB »

Heathen

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #161 on: April 05, 2007, 07:27:15 am »
I love this story-it was one of my first fics so has a soft spot in my heart. This chapter, though, caused me to disconnect. It was kinda too much for me. Too many trials and tribulations for guys and I couldn't wrap my head around this latest one.

I'm still a big fan, stay eagerly await the next installment, just without any emotion.

O0

Yes I have to admit it was a bit much for me too. Jack has been away far too long IMO, he really needs to get back home to Ennis. I hope they lock KE up and throw away the key for what he,s done. :(

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #162 on: April 06, 2007, 05:46:58 am »
I love this story-it was one of my first fics so has a soft spot in my heart. This chapter, though, caused me to disconnect. It was kinda too much for me. Too many trials and tribulations for guys and I couldn't wrap my head around this latest one.

I'm still a big fan, stay eagerly await the next installment, just without any emotion.

O0

I had this feeling of "too much", too. Not in this chapter, but some chapters ago. Additionally, it's frustrating to get not more than one chapter every month.
To be honest, I somehow let this story go. I still loved it for what it was (also one of my first fanfics - and oh my, how good and healing it had been for me, along with ALBFS), but gave up waiting eagerly for the next chapter to the point that I would have been unconcerned, had the story not been updated anymore.
But I still was interested enough to read the following chapter, when it showed, and the next, and the next...

... and now I'm hooked again. I think the showing up of KE was a very good turn for the story.

But I totally agree that Jack had been away for too long. And the loooong periods between updates are truly frustrating, especially with a cliffhanger.
I know that something called RL exists (does it?  ;)) and don't hold the infrequent updates against Madlori (how could I) - but still the frustration remains.

Marge_Innavera

« Reply #163 on: April 06, 2007, 09:15:16 am »
This was such a shocker of a development!  I'd been waiting since K.E.'s arrival for the Big Revelation, and we all knew it was coming - sort of like seeing a gun on the stage during a play; you just know it's gonna go off, it's only a question of when.

I'm curious now to see K.E.'s reaction as well as Jack's. When he sobers up, what's going to be his reaction to what he's done. And Ennis had mentioned that he saw K.E. "puking his guts out" years ago after they saw Earl's body - might K.E.'s extreme homophobia be connected to that at the base?

I can sympathize with long gaps between chapters - my own tend to come in fits and starts, and I just finished reading an update of another fanfic that hadn't been updated since mid-November.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2007, 09:18:41 am by Marge_Innavera »

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #164 on: April 06, 2007, 02:12:22 pm »
This was such a shocker of a development!  I'd been waiting since K.E.'s arrival for the Big Revelation, and we all knew it was coming - sort of like seeing a gun on the stage during a play; you just know it's gonna go off, it's only a question of when.

I'm curious now to see K.E.'s reaction as well as Jack's. When he sobers up, what's going to be his reaction to what he's done. And Ennis had mentioned that he saw K.E. "puking his guts out" years ago after they saw Earl's body - might K.E.'s extreme homophobia be connected to that at the base?

I can sympathize with long gaps between chapters - my own tend to come in fits and starts, and I just finished reading an update of another fanfic that hadn't been updated since mid-November.

What was the fic you read then? I ask because I,m waiting on one that hasnt been updated since November, and I,ve just about given up on it...Dreaming.
Can,t wait for Jack to come home. He,s been away far to long. Poor Ennis. :'( Take pity on us Lori and dont leave us waiting too long.

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #165 on: April 09, 2007, 05:12:26 pm »
I read the latest chapter on the plane this morning.  I had to fight back the tears.  :'(

I don't think this story is at all over-written or too much or anything.  I think the long waiting in between chapters is taking it's toll.  Some of us are getting disconnected from the story.  Lori, we know you're busy, but please help us out here.  ;)

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #166 on: April 09, 2007, 05:37:12 pm »

I agree about the long passages of time between the chapters, but she is allowed to have a life as well...She isnt being paid afterall...And i will say,, i hate those long waits...
It is always a great, and fulfilling one however when she does finally put one up....
  Sigh,,,its just the way of us fans who want so desperately to have,,,more, more, more,...\
  I feel like the damned fish in the bowl...swimming back and forth in front of the side of the fishbowl, everytime someone walks by....feed me feed me feed me.... :-\ :-\

Beautiful mind

Marge_Innavera

« Reply #167 on: April 10, 2007, 11:05:42 am »
What was the fic you read then? I ask because I,m waiting on one that hasnt been updated since November, and I,ve just about given up on it...Dreaming.
Can,t wait for Jack to come home. He,s been away far to long. Poor Ennis. :'( Take pity on us Lori and dont leave us waiting too long.

That's Bookends, by kittykimono a/k/a CityGirl on the DC forum. I don't think she posts here.

Dreaming was one I started on and didn't finish - just lost track of it, maybe I'll take it up again.

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #168 on: April 14, 2007, 01:24:05 am »
Lori... (Whining voice  :D ) Chapter 33, where's chapter 33?.....

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #169 on: April 14, 2007, 06:22:16 am »
Lori... (Whining voice  :D ) Chapter 33, where's chapter 33?.....

Yes I,ll add a whinge too. I know there is  that thing called RL that you have to deal with, but this is FAR more important than that lol. Pleasseeeeeeee dont, leave us waiting too long Lori. Poor Ennis, and poor Jack when he finds out.    :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(