Author Topic: Human Interest and Two Crows Joy by MadLori  (Read 312637 times)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Human Interest and Two Crows Joy by MadLori
« Reply #190 on: August 24, 2007, 10:50:14 am »
I just tried to acces Loris LJ and I got a message: "The website declined to show the page" does this mean she,s friend locked her journal? :-\

:-\ When I try to click the links to her story on Brokebackslash, I also get a message to the lines of "Access denied".
But I can see her journal just fine (though no TCJ on it. Here: http://madlori.livejournal.com/).
I can also access the HI community (http://community.livejournal.com/humaninterest/) - but again, no links to the story  :(.

Like you, I can't get access to TCJ  ???

Offline souxi

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #191 on: August 24, 2007, 11:11:53 am »
:-\ When I try to click the links to her story on Brokebackslash, I also get a message to the lines of "Access denied".
But I can see her journal just fine (though no TCJ on it. Here: http://madlori.livejournal.com/).
I can also access the HI community (http://community.livejournal.com/humaninterest/) - but again, no links to the story  :(.

Like you, I can't get access to TCJ  ???

Nope I still can,t and the thing is, she only posted a message yesterday teling us about chapter 36. It was going to be posted over the weekend. I hope she hasn,t had to take it down. It was nearly finished. I shall just cry if it has. :'(

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #192 on: August 24, 2007, 11:23:28 am »
This was posted on the Human Interest Community on July 19th:

Hello all, thank you for all your comments on recent chapters.

A few notes:

1. Chapter update schedule. As you know, I mostly alternate between TCJ and Zero for updates. Generally it takes me around two weeks to write a chapter, which translates to about a month for each story between chapters. Every time I set out to do it faster and every time stuff just comes up and I can't manage it. I do the best I can, so please have patience.

2. Security. I posted about this before, but I guess not everyone caught it because bunches of people have asked.

Is everybody paying attention?

I CANNOT FRIEND YOU TO THIS JOURNAL.

Because it isn't a journal. This is a community. There is no such thing as "friending" somebody to a community. You can only friend someone to an individual journal.

Your ability to access this community is entirely in your own hands. If you want to make sure you always have access, you need to join the community. You do not have to add it to your friends list, you just have to join. Click on the User Info link at the top of the page for that.

As of now, it doesn't matter, because this community is public. If that should ever change, I will give everyone plenty of notice and enough time to join before I lock it.

Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline ranchgal

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #193 on: August 24, 2007, 11:24:01 am »
Yes I am so hoping we can find TCJ again I would hate to miss the ending.  I am somewhat confused about the second chances story, and I know it is supposed to fit along with HI, but I am stuck on TCJ and hope we will be able to access it soon.    maybe she just closed it so she could post it up and and will open it up again when she has.
I hope so.  I am a member, at least it shows I am not logged out--but I can't access TCJ either, the page just comes up "you don't have permission to access HI on this server".
« Last Edit: August 24, 2007, 11:30:22 am by ranchgal »

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #194 on: August 24, 2007, 11:26:27 am »
Wow, this is an interesting development.  Hopefully Lori will check in here and clarify things.  I certainly hope all is well with this story too.
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #195 on: August 24, 2007, 11:27:15 am »
Yes Leslie we all read that message. What we are saying is that there is NO reference anywhere to TCJ and the message she posted yesterday about the update over the weekend has gone. She hasn,t notified anyone if she,s friend locked it. Maybe she,ll post on here and let us know what,.s going on.  :(

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #196 on: August 24, 2007, 11:29:49 am »
Yes I am so hoping we can find TCJ again I would hate to miss the ending.  I am somewhat confused about the second chances story, and I know it is supposed to fit along with HI, but I am stuck on TCJ and hope we will be able to access it soon.    maybe she just closed it so she could post it up and and will open it up again when she has.
I hope so.  I am a member, at least it shows I am not logged out--but I can't access TCJ either, the page just comes up user denied.

Yes thats the message I get too. I shall be gutted if I can,t finish it. I,m sure we all will. Both HI and TCJ are just brilliant. I,ve been reading second chances too but it,s TCJ I really want.  :(

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #197 on: August 24, 2007, 11:34:35 am »
Yes Leslie we all read that message. What we are saying is that there is NO reference anywhere to TCJ and the message she posted yesterday about the update over the weekend has gone. She hasn,t notified anyone if she,s friend locked it. Maybe she,ll post on here and let us know what,.s going on.  :(

Did you friend the community like she said? I am still able to get in and see the TCJ entries.

Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline MadLori

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Remember - Jack Nasty loves you.
« Reply #198 on: August 24, 2007, 11:39:16 am »
Hi everyone...I'm sorry for the panic.  I meant to just put a note on the new chapter.  I honestly didn't think anybody would notice until then.

I haven't taken anything down.  I've just locked the old chapters to community members only.

New chapters will be public for a week, then the security will be increased.  So you don't HAVE to join to get new chapters, but if you want to read the old ones, you will.

Thanks!  There's no secret nefarious reason for this, nothing's wrong, I just feel it's time to institute a couple of minor precautions.

Lori
Jack:  I could kick your ass any day of the week.
Ennis:  Then the weeks where you live must have a No Fuckin' Way Day.

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #199 on: August 24, 2007, 11:41:23 am »
Hi everyone...I'm sorry for the panic.  I meant to just put a note on the new chapter.  I honestly didn't think anybody would notice until then.

I haven't taken anything down.  I've just locked the old chapters to community members only.

New chapters will be public for a week, then the security will be increased.  So you don't HAVE to join to get new chapters, but if you want to read the old ones, you will.

Thanks!  There's no secret nefarious reason for this, nothing's wrong, I just feel it's time to institute a couple of minor precautions.

Lori

Phew!! Lori I,ve just about chewed my fingernails down to the quick!! Thank you for that. I can breathe again now lol.  :) :) :)
Thanks.
xxxx