Author Topic: Human Interest and Two Crows Joy by MadLori  (Read 312607 times)

Offline tamarack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: "Human Interest" by MadLori; "Two Crows Joy" by same.
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2006, 05:58:11 pm »
SPOILER - CHAPTER 7

I don't want to ruin this chapter for anyone so I'm giving you fair warning.  ;) I just want to say that I thought the conversation that Jack and Alma had was absolutely the conversation that they really would have had, had they met under these circumstances. I don't know how madlori does it, but she has kept these 2 stores so completely plausible that it is sometimes hard to separate them from the movie. I was just blown away by the whole conversation.

I do my reading at night so I haven't read chapter 8 yet, but I'm going to stick my neck out here and make a comment that I may have to eat later on! When she asks Jack "Does he say it to you?" and Jack says "Yeah. He does." (No explanation needed - they both know what she's talking about - we all know what she's talking about.) Then Alma says "Well, that's that then. 'Cause he ain't never said it t' me."
I believe that Alma has finally reached the place where she can let Ennis go, and all the bad feelings for Jack, too, although maybe not on the spot.

I know I've been in that place before, where there's been anger, or love, or whatever that I just couldn't let go of, and all of a sudden something will happen, or someone will say something , maybe something that I've heard 20 times before, but the 21st time is the time that it just sounds different and it finally hits home, and things change. I think Alma is there now, which is why she didn't even bother to look up when Ennis and Jack came into the living room, sat on the couch next to each other and took each other's hand, "casual like it was any other day." Alma's over it - she's moving on.

Did anyone else get this feeling or do you think I'm way off course here?

For what it's worth.

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2006, 06:41:08 pm »
You guys got me all excited-this chapter has been posted on FanFic for ages  :'(

Durn it all!

O0

Heathen

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2006, 07:01:13 pm »
You guys got me all excited-this chapter has been posted on FanFic for ages  :'(

Durn it all!

O0

Roux
Chapter 8 is up but I think it is on LiveJournal only:

http://community.livejournal.com/humaninterest/52152.html#cutid1

Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2006, 07:19:04 pm »
Puuuurrrfect! Thanks Leslie!

O0

Heathen

Offline marakeshsparrow

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2006, 11:48:46 am »
SPOILER - CHAPTER 7

I don't want to ruin this chapter for anyone so I'm giving you fair warning.  ;) I just want to say that I thought the conversation that Jack and Alma had was absolutely the conversation that they really would have had, had they met under these circumstances. I don't know how madlori does it, but she has kept these 2 stores so completely plausible that it is sometimes hard to separate them from the movie. I was just blown away by the whole conversation.

I know I've been in that place before, where there's been anger, or love, or whatever that I just couldn't let go of, and all of a sudden something will happen, or someone will say something , maybe something that I've heard 20 times before, but the 21st time is the time that it just sounds different and it finally hits home, and things change. I think Alma is there now, which is why she didn't even bother to look up when Ennis and Jack came into the living room, sat on the couch next to each other and took each other's hand, "casual like it was any other day." Alma's over it - she's moving on.

Did anyone else get this feeling or do you think I'm way off course here?

For what it's worth.

Totally agree with everything just said.  I think the convo in chapter 7 is one of the best things Madlori's written.  It was so real, and intense, and perfect really.  Just wonderful.  Also, yes, me thinks Alma is moving on, especially after reading chapter 8.  Ah, I love this story.  Tis wonderful!

Offline tamarack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2006, 12:37:40 pm »
Thanks for chiming in, Marakesh. Glad you agree. I haven't read chapter 8 yet. In fact I had been waiting since Two Crows Joy started for there to be a backlog of chapters because I don't like the stories to get cold as I'm waiting for more. Finally I kind of gave up and started reading and was just blown away by madlori again.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
New chapter of Two Crows Joy by madlori
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2006, 07:32:47 pm »
After my holidays I checked my favourite fanfics and was glad to see that madlori added a new chapter of TCJ today. It's chapter 9. It can be read either on livejournal or on fanfiction. Here are the two links:

livejournal:
http://community.livejournal.com/humaninterest/53693.html

fanfiction.net:
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2841251/9/

Hope you enjoy it as much as I did  :)

Offline littleguitar

• She was always a lonely child...
Re: New chapter of Two Crows Joy by madlori
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2006, 07:51:31 pm »
I'm really excited, I was in the middle of rereading the chapters she'd already posted when she posted the new one... I can't wait to read it tonight!
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline tamarack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: New chapter of Two Crows Joy by madlori
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2006, 09:48:52 pm »
Wow! I am so glad to know this. It's too late tonight but I will definitely be reading this tomorrow. I thought that the last two chapters were just incredible. The conversations between Jack and Alma, and Ennis and Alma, were exactly the way those talks would have gone if they had actually taken place, IMO. Hopefully chapter 9 will be the first of many more very soon.

Offline littleguitar

• She was always a lonely child...
Re: Human Interest and Two Crows Joy by MadLori
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2006, 08:30:35 am »
Chapters 10 and 11 are up, she posted 10 a couple of days ago and 11 last night...
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73