Author Topic: General Discussion and Recs  (Read 74658 times)

retropian

Re: General Discussion and Recs
« Reply #190 on: August 26, 2009, 10:24:35 am »
Here's a link to Wave on Wave's first chapter: http://the-boys-n-me.livejournal.com/652.html#cutid1

Chapter 31 was posted today, so there's already a lot to read for this story.

Thanks. This is next on my list.

I finished "Portrait of a Farmer" and "Passion of a Saint". Enjoyed them both.

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
« Reply #191 on: August 28, 2009, 08:00:25 am »
I spent the night re-reading "Four-Two Offence" by Annabirmingham.

Summary - AU/AU Jack and Ennis are on the 1st volleyball team at high school. Jack is a junior and Ennis a senior. Jack has recently moved to the area and Ennis doesn't seem to like him very much...

If anyone hasnīt read it yet, hereīs a link to the first chapter

http://annabirmingham.livejournal.com/1615.html#cutid1

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #192 on: September 10, 2009, 12:41:39 am »
Thanks for all these recommendations in this thread.  I'm on the verge of looking for something new to read again.  I'm almost done re-reading 48 Days and Book of Dreams.  It's been fun.  I've been on a re-reading kick a lot lately.  Recently I've re-read Human Interest and as much of TCJ as exists to-date.

I feel like things are so, so slow in BBM fan fic right now.  I hope thinks pick up again soon.  I'm dying for updates to things like The Bus Stop, None So Blind, and of course TCJ (just to name a few).   I've been wondering where Sienata is these days too.
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline loreen

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • It's alright...
    • http://loreent.livejournal.com/
« Reply #193 on: September 21, 2009, 10:35:13 am »
Hi!  :)

I'd like to ask the mods or admins, if it's possible to change the title of my story thread from" My SNIT" to "Returning to Brokeback".

Thanks! :-*

Offline loreen

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • It's alright...
    • http://loreent.livejournal.com/
« Reply #194 on: September 27, 2009, 05:02:49 am »
Anyone?  ::)

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #195 on: September 27, 2009, 05:28:55 am »
Iīve read In Plain Sight by Victopet - again.
After every time Iīve read it, I feel like Iīm in love. I walk around on pink, fluffy clouds :)

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #196 on: September 27, 2009, 09:31:03 am »
Iīm looking for the Alchemy series (or at least I think that is the correct title). If anyone has it, Iīd appreciate it if you could send me a copy :)

retropian

« Reply #197 on: September 27, 2009, 06:49:16 pm »
Iīve read In Plain Sight by Victopet - again.
After every time Iīve read it, I feel like Iīm in love. I walk around on pink, fluffy clouds :)

I love it too. I hope there is an update soon. I just love love love Amish-Ennis! The scene where he lays on top of Jack in a plowed field (symbolism? ;)) and asks "Why do you bewitch me so?"...chills.

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #198 on: October 14, 2009, 06:21:42 am »
I love it too. I hope there is an update soon. I just love love love Amish-Ennis! The scene where he lays on top of Jack in a plowed field (symbolism? ;)) and asks "Why do you bewitch me so?"...chills.
Yeah, I love that scene too. And the scene with Jack teaching Ennis baseball in the barn...

I have possibly detected a pattern though. Shortly after the characters in her other WIP story - Brokeback Redemption - finally got it together, she stopped writing on it. Seems to be the same thing happening here. Maybe she just looses momentum once they actually have had sex. Letīs hope itīs not the case becasue Amish Ennis is addictive!

btw. nice to see the story "365 days" updated again (donīt remember the authorīs name).

and oh, Iīm still wanting the "Alchemy series" if anyone has it.

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
« Reply #199 on: October 14, 2009, 01:37:10 pm »
Yeah, I love that scene too. And the scene with Jack teaching Ennis baseball in the barn...

I have possibly detected a pattern though. Shortly after the characters in her other WIP story - Brokeback Redemption - finally got it together, she stopped writing on it. Seems to be the same thing happening here. Maybe she just looses momentum once they actually have had sex. Letīs hope itīs not the case becasue Amish Ennis is addictive!

btw. nice to see the story "365 days" updated again (donīt remember the authorīs name).

and oh, Iīm still wanting the "Alchemy series" if anyone has it.

It's not looking good for IPS finishing is it?   :-\  But, then again, never say never, I suppose.

365 Days is a good example.  It just updated again after 11 months!  It's a brilliant story - genuinely funny, excellent characterizations, and very natural dialogue.  It's written by the writing team of fiftyandfifty (comprised of Cathalin and Melisande, I believe).
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain