Author Topic: General Discussion and Recs  (Read 375779 times)

retropian

Re: General Discussion and Recs
« Reply #190 on: August 26, 2009, 10:24:35 am »
Here's a link to Wave on Wave's first chapter: http://the-boys-n-me.livejournal.com/652.html#cutid1

Chapter 31 was posted today, so there's already a lot to read for this story.

Thanks. This is next on my list.

I finished "Portrait of a Farmer" and "Passion of a Saint". Enjoyed them both.

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
« Reply #191 on: August 28, 2009, 08:00:25 am »
I spent the night re-reading "Four-Two Offence" by Annabirmingham.

Summary - AU/AU Jack and Ennis are on the 1st volleyball team at high school. Jack is a junior and Ennis a senior. Jack has recently moved to the area and Ennis doesn't seem to like him very much...

If anyone hasn´t read it yet, here´s a link to the first chapter

http://annabirmingham.livejournal.com/1615.html#cutid1

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #192 on: September 10, 2009, 12:41:39 am »
Thanks for all these recommendations in this thread.  I'm on the verge of looking for something new to read again.  I'm almost done re-reading 48 Days and Book of Dreams.  It's been fun.  I've been on a re-reading kick a lot lately.  Recently I've re-read Human Interest and as much of TCJ as exists to-date.

I feel like things are so, so slow in BBM fan fic right now.  I hope thinks pick up again soon.  I'm dying for updates to things like The Bus Stop, None So Blind, and of course TCJ (just to name a few).   I've been wondering where Sienata is these days too.
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline loreen

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • It's alright...
    • http://loreent.livejournal.com/
« Reply #193 on: September 21, 2009, 10:35:13 am »
Hi!  :)

I'd like to ask the mods or admins, if it's possible to change the title of my story thread from" My SNIT" to "Returning to Brokeback".

Thanks! :-*

Offline loreen

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • It's alright...
    • http://loreent.livejournal.com/
« Reply #194 on: September 27, 2009, 05:02:49 am »
Anyone?  ::)

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #195 on: September 27, 2009, 05:28:55 am »
I´ve read In Plain Sight by Victopet - again.
After every time I´ve read it, I feel like I´m in love. I walk around on pink, fluffy clouds :)

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #196 on: September 27, 2009, 09:31:03 am »
I´m looking for the Alchemy series (or at least I think that is the correct title). If anyone has it, I´d appreciate it if you could send me a copy :)

retropian

« Reply #197 on: September 27, 2009, 06:49:16 pm »
I´ve read In Plain Sight by Victopet - again.
After every time I´ve read it, I feel like I´m in love. I walk around on pink, fluffy clouds :)

I love it too. I hope there is an update soon. I just love love love Amish-Ennis! The scene where he lays on top of Jack in a plowed field (symbolism? ;)) and asks "Why do you bewitch me so?"...chills.

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #198 on: October 14, 2009, 06:21:42 am »
I love it too. I hope there is an update soon. I just love love love Amish-Ennis! The scene where he lays on top of Jack in a plowed field (symbolism? ;)) and asks "Why do you bewitch me so?"...chills.
Yeah, I love that scene too. And the scene with Jack teaching Ennis baseball in the barn...

I have possibly detected a pattern though. Shortly after the characters in her other WIP story - Brokeback Redemption - finally got it together, she stopped writing on it. Seems to be the same thing happening here. Maybe she just looses momentum once they actually have had sex. Let´s hope it´s not the case becasue Amish Ennis is addictive!

btw. nice to see the story "365 days" updated again (don´t remember the author´s name).

and oh, I´m still wanting the "Alchemy series" if anyone has it.

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
« Reply #199 on: October 14, 2009, 01:37:10 pm »
Yeah, I love that scene too. And the scene with Jack teaching Ennis baseball in the barn...

I have possibly detected a pattern though. Shortly after the characters in her other WIP story - Brokeback Redemption - finally got it together, she stopped writing on it. Seems to be the same thing happening here. Maybe she just looses momentum once they actually have had sex. Let´s hope it´s not the case becasue Amish Ennis is addictive!

btw. nice to see the story "365 days" updated again (don´t remember the author´s name).

and oh, I´m still wanting the "Alchemy series" if anyone has it.

It's not looking good for IPS finishing is it?   :-\  But, then again, never say never, I suppose.

365 Days is a good example.  It just updated again after 11 months!  It's a brilliant story - genuinely funny, excellent characterizations, and very natural dialogue.  It's written by the writing team of fiftyandfifty (comprised of Cathalin and Melisande, I believe).
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain