Author Topic: Dream Interpretation  (Read 941312 times)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: Dream Interpretation
« Reply #790 on: January 16, 2021, 01:40:58 pm »
This is what happens to most people. And then they decide that they don't dream at all, but it turns out that they are dreaming if you look at the EKG.

It takes a lot of skill and determination to be able to recall your dreams. Even though I have practiced it for years, I have periods where I can't recall my dreams for weeks. Oddly, research indicates that when your deep sleep is interrupted, you remember your dreams better.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #791 on: January 17, 2021, 12:10:35 pm »
This is what happens to most people. And then they decide that they don't dream at all, but it turns out that they are dreaming if you look at the EKG.

I don't think I don't dream at all. I think my dreaming mind speaks a different language than my waking mind, which my waking mind has a hard time understanding. I think that's one of the reasons people don't remember early childhood -- small children don't think in language the way older kids and adults do, so their thoughts would not be accessible to an older mind.

When I wake up from a dream, at first I think something perfectly sensible was going on. But when I focus on it, it's so unconnected to real life I realize I don't understand it. Then it dissipates. Like smoke, I decided last night.

It takes a lot of skill and determination to be able to recall your dreams.

So I've heard!

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #792 on: January 19, 2021, 03:31:31 am »
I am most likely to remember my earlier morning dreams so I can get behind the theory that being abruptly awakened preserves the dream.
 O0

Heathen

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #793 on: January 19, 2021, 10:40:16 am »
Same.

Nice to see you around these parts, RouxB!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #794 on: January 19, 2021, 08:41:07 pm »
(((RouxB!)))
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #795 on: January 19, 2021, 09:55:26 pm »
hi Jeff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heathen

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #796 on: January 30, 2021, 08:25:07 pm »
I am most likely to remember my earlier morning dreams so I can get behind the theory that being abruptly awakened preserves the dream.
 O0

That happened to me today! I went back to bed in the early morning and had a dream where I was in a huge home that had three levels, all very cluttered with furniture and appliances. My mother was there cooking two large fish on the stove top. (Funny, because I was at my daughter's the day before, and she was smoking some salmon in her fireplace). Mom said that since the fish were so large, she was going to invite some people over to help eat them. The next thing I knew, there were about 30 people sitting here and there. Mostly women but also a few couples. I realized that additional food was needed and volunteered to cook some wild and white rice, which would go well with the fish, and some vegetables. Mom said fine, but then she started serving the fish. I was alarmed because it would take some time to cook the other things. I thought, "oh well, we will just have courses." I tried to go downstairs to cook the rice, but couldn't find the ID I would need to get into the lower level. I sat down on the stairs and was going to...cry? give up? but fortunately I woke up in my own home and bed.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #797 on: January 30, 2021, 08:51:53 pm »
Wow, that seems to have a lot of analytical potential.

Some say that when you dream of the interior of a house it often symbolizes your mind. I imagine you can think of things that some of the other aspects might refer to. Cluttered with furniture and appliances, your mother's cooking echoing that of your daughter's, her serving the fish before you've had a chance to prepare your dishes ...

Cooking salmon in the fireplace, though! That sounds delicious. And wild rice would make a nice accompaniment. Perhaps studded with dried cranberries, nuts, onions, maybe alongside some sautéed greens ... That could be dinner tomorrow or the next night. Probably sans fireplace but at least in the cast iron.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #798 on: January 30, 2021, 09:08:11 pm »
smoking some salmon in her fireplace

That sounds like such a neat thing to do.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #799 on: January 30, 2021, 09:38:05 pm »
Yes, first she built a nice fire (it's a woodburning fireplace) and let it burn down to coals, then she put all the coals on one side and on the other side she layered some wood chips that she had soaked in water and put the pan of salmon on top of that. She had brushed a solution of brown sugar, herbs, and seasonings on the salmon prior. She let it smoke for about an hour.

I've heard that you can smoke fish in cast iron, serious. I'll bet it would work just as well.