Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8734627 times)

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Bork bork bork
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #16190 on: August 06, 2019, 05:27:18 pm »
Good for you for losing weight, Chuck!  :-*

I need that too, but it's so damn hard  >:(

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline brianr

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #16191 on: August 06, 2019, 06:06:15 pm »
I do not feel my evening meal is complete without dessert. Even if not hungry and I only have a piece of toast and vegemite or perhaps  sardines or spaghetti, I still need to have some dessert. My blood pressure is always high. My doctor (8 years) recently moved. He always had an excuse for my bood pressure , the last time was a few days before my hernia operation and it was up. It was also part of a complete medical check required to renew my drivers licence at age 75 so I was bit nervous. Then while in hospital, they always said "that is up" even the last check before leaving.
I chose not to go to the replacement doctor a lady but instead a young male in the practice who may leave at the end of November. He looks 20 but must be 30. We discussed several problems and then said "Aren't you going to check my blood pressure?" He did and said it is up but looked at my records and said "it is always high" so apparently not concerned. In NZ our medical records are all online but for some reason not the BP so I can never remember the actual numbers but when I told my sister the day after, she was horrified. 
I almost never drink a soda (we say soft drink). Perhaps on a very hot day (not common here)I like a lemon iime and bitters. Never touch coke and never eat any snacks with salt,even when young.  One thing that annoyed me on my last trip to USA, I would order a sandwich or roll for lunch in a cafe and they would give me crisps (we say potato chips)  on the side. That is never done here and I did not touch them. I think popcorn is revolting, cannot stand the smell of it. If someone sat next to me in the movies eating some, I would have to move.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #16192 on: August 06, 2019, 06:37:02 pm »
Second day of "stay-cation" and I'm being productive.  I've cleaned all the surfaces in the kitchen, and dusted the CD racks and the dressers and picture frames in my bedroom.  I've also pulled the windows down and cleaned  the windows in my bedroom.  CDs that were not in place  (ex. just laying on the shelves, not in alphabetical order) are now in order.

Next project is to get everything off the shelves in the living room, dust the items and the shelves, and put everything back.

You're going to have to go back to work to rest up from your staycation. ...
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #16193 on: August 06, 2019, 07:18:08 pm »
I can beat you at that! I know there are some lurking under my bed that date to BT (before Trump). I pull them out every once in a while when I need to be reminded of the good old days.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #16194 on: August 07, 2019, 09:27:55 am »
I almost never drink a soda (we say soft drink).

We say soft drink sometimes, usually in more formal contexts. Most of the people here say soda, though in the Midwest we call it pop.

they would give me crisps (we say potato chips)

We say potato chips, too. I think crisps is the British term.

I think popcorn is revolting, cannot stand the smell of it. If someone sat next to me in the movies eating some, I would have to move.

I guess you and I will never go to the movies together, Brian.   :-\  Sometimes I go because I'm in the mood for popcorn as much as I am for the movie! Though movie theater popcorn is the only kind I really like.

And if you went to a movie here, you'd probably have to move around a lot. I would guess that maybe half of moviegoers get popcorn.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #16195 on: August 07, 2019, 11:44:20 am »
Though movie theater popcorn is the only kind I really like.

It's so bad for you. That's why it's so good!  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #16196 on: August 07, 2019, 05:18:42 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

I believe the apartment is finished!

Today I cleaned the bathroom,  mopped the bathroom floor, mopped the kitchen floor, cleaned the windows, and cleaned the refrigerator.   I  can just chill the rest of the stay-cation.

;D

I posted about the chores that I did while I was on stay-cation, and got a few replies that stay-cations are to be used to rest and relax, and that I should be out doing something fun.

:laugh:

I'm not a summer person, and never have been.   I don't really enjoy going to the Jersey shore, although I do enjoy the boardwalk at night.  I don't like the beach, the heat or humidity.

I have three more weeks of vacation to use, and I have a week in October, November and December.  That time off, I'll go out and look into some "harvest" related things to do, and check out fall foliage, and take pics.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline brianr

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #16197 on: August 07, 2019, 05:38:30 pm »
And if you went to a movie here, you'd probably have to move around a lot. I would guess that maybe half of moviegoers get popcorn.
Fortunately popcorn is mainly a kid's thing here and I rarely go to a children's or a popular type movie. I went to the Lion King last week but in the morning during school term. I am attending the NZ International Film festival at the moment and, unusually for me, I went to an 8.30pm on Tuesday night. I felt strange as everyone around me was sitting with a glass of wine. I had just half a glass with my dinner before I drove down to the city so did not want another one or I might have fallen asleep. I am off to an 11am screening now so should be getting ready (9.20am) as I want to catch the 10am bus.

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #16198 on: August 09, 2019, 04:30:04 pm »
You're going to have to go back to work to rest up from your staycation. ...

:laugh: :laugh:

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #16199 on: August 14, 2019, 08:40:24 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

I hope everyone is doing well!

;D

First week back at work is going pretty smoothly.  I've managed to catch up on everything I need to, and move forward with new things.  ;D

This week is my work anniversary, 22 years on the job!   :o

I'm celebrating by bringing some cookies to work tomorrow for everyone.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!