Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8744467 times)

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #16200 on: August 15, 2019, 08:41:10 am »
Congratulations, Chuck! That's almost three times longer than I've ever worked in one place.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #16201 on: August 15, 2019, 08:49:17 am »
Congratulations, Chuck! That's almost three times longer than I've ever worked in one place.

Seventeen years and seven months here.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #16202 on: August 15, 2019, 08:07:15 pm »
hello!!!

Here are some pics of some pics I put up by the cookies,  and then the cookies I got.

I put them out at 10:00 and by 3:00 they were gone.

;D

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #16203 on: August 15, 2019, 08:07:46 pm »

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #16204 on: August 16, 2019, 09:01:36 am »
Yum!  :D

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #16205 on: August 16, 2019, 07:40:58 pm »
Congrats on the 22 years, Chuckie!

The cookies look yummy!

I've been almost 17 years at my work. That's by far the longest I've ever worked in one place.

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline brianr

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #16206 on: August 16, 2019, 09:36:56 pm »
I worked 15 years at one school, The other closest was 8 and a half and then 7 and a half at another. Nothing else went over a year except perhaps one school near the end of my career where I was 2 years but not full time, it varied from 2 dpw to 4 dpw.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #16207 on: August 23, 2019, 09:15:06 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

TGIF!

I hope that everyone is doing well, and has some good plans for the weekend!

I'm just spending it relaxing.  Only thing I need to do this weekend is the laundry.  ;D

The "unofficial" end of summer is almost here,  Labor Day weekend.  Looking forward to the start of autumn.  ;D

I may take two days off in September.  There is a family reunion happening the last weekend in September.  It's on Saturday, down the shore.  Everyone is supposed to bring some food, and a chair to sit on.  Since I'll traveling on Saturday to and from the shore, and then having to get stuff done on Sunday,  I know I'll be tired.  This is making me debate taking off the Friday before so I can prep my food, and then Monday so I can relax.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #16208 on: August 24, 2019, 08:31:21 am »

I may take two days off in September.  There is a family reunion happening the last weekend in September.  It's on Saturday, down the shore.  Everyone is supposed to bring some food, and a chair to sit on.  Since I'll traveling on Saturday to and from the shore, and then having to get stuff done on Sunday,  I know I'll be tired.  This is making me debate taking off the Friday before so I can prep my food, and then Monday so I can relax.

That's an excellent idea. Family reunions are great -- in mine, at least, and yours, too, judging from what I've heard of your family -- and you should make the most of them while you can.

Nowadays, many of the people in my family are now either deceased or not in good enough health to do that. But I have fond memories of those in the past. Most recently, my cousins and brothers and uncle and aunt and I gathered in a small town in Iowa a few years ago to help another aunt get her condo ready to sell (she was in a nursing home at that point). I don't see my cousins very often -- we're not especially close, and they don't live near here -- but I like them a lot and that weekend was really, really fun.

So if you have the PTO days, might as well use them. Then you won't feel rushed to get the food ready, and have a day to chill in between.

Are all of your family members going there and back on Saturday? If some are staying overnight, and they're relatives you like, maybe you could even consider that.

In any case, we'll want to know all about what you decide to bring (with photos) and then afterward, some of the things other relatives brought. Maybe a photo of the food all laid out!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #16209 on: August 24, 2019, 12:53:19 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

mom and dad are away for the weekend.  They booked a hotel room near the "Land of Make Believe" this weekend, and have taken Trenton for a weekend away, and they'll  be coming back at one point Sunday.   I'm going over to their place today to get the laundry done today, as I'm sure they'll be really tired tomorrow, and they should have the house to themselves so they can relax.

That's an excellent idea. Family reunions are great -- in mine, at least, and yours, too, judging from what I've heard of your family -- and you should make the most of them while you can.

Nowadays, many of the people in my family are now either deceased or not in good enough health to do that. But I have fond memories of those in the past. Most recently, my cousins and brothers and uncle and aunt and I gathered in a small town in Iowa a few years ago to help another aunt get her condo ready to sell (she was in a nursing home at that point). I don't see my cousins very often -- we're not especially close, and they don't live near here -- but I like them a lot and that weekend was really, really fun.

So if you have the PTO days, might as well use them. Then you won't feel rushed to get the food ready, and have a day to chill in between.

Are all of your family members going there and back on Saturday? If some are staying overnight, and they're relatives you like, maybe you could even consider that.

In any case, we'll want to know all about what you decide to bring (with photos) and then afterward, some of the things other relatives brought. Maybe a photo of the food all laid out!

I've pretty much decided that's what I'm going to do, take two days off.  I Have a week saved to carry over to next year, so why not take two of them, and carry three days over?

My plan would be to prep food on Friday, go to the reunion on Saturday, laundry and chores on Sunday, and Monday to relax.

I already know what I'm bringing.  The invite specified that when you RSVP, you mention what food you are bringing, so they can prevent too many duplicate dishes from showing up.  I've already RSVP'ed and said I'm going to make assorted stromboli with marinara sauce for dipping.

There will be pics taken, no worries.  ;D