Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8733589 times)

Offline brianr

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #16210 on: August 24, 2019, 02:48:43 pm »
I am flying to Wellington (our capital city) tomorrow for 6 nights. I joke it is my overseas trip for the year (it is on the bottom of the North Island so across Cook Strait). I did fly to Sydney at Easter but I never count that as a trip. I have 4 nights at the Symphony (all of Beethoven's 9 symphonies) from Wed to Sat and have planned lots of hikes. Tuesday looks to be rain so will go to our excellent Te Papa museum, so far the rest of the week looks fine. I have not been to Wellington since 2013 except for the airport in 2017 when flying home from Sydney.

Offline brianr

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #16211 on: August 24, 2019, 03:07:06 pm »
Family reunions for me means visiting my sister but I talk with her everyday on Skype even though she lives 2000 km away. We have not heard from my cousins on my Father's side since Mum died in 2006 (Dad died in 1974). The eldest use to send her a card at Christmas but did not reply to our message that she had died, not even a sympathy card.
My sister rings one cousin on my mother's side every few weeks. She has mild dementia and is in a home so the conversation is limited. Until 18 months ago, my sister was trying to care for her, managing her affairs, she would not let her daughter near her, and it was really too much for my sister.
A nephew (slightly younger than me) flew down from Queensland and took her up to live in a home near him. He had to tidy up her affairs and the small unit where she lived. She was his mother's sister so a closer relation than us.  My sister and I took him to lunch (Good Friday) and it was the first we had met since we were teenagers. His mother and mine rang every week but both are now dead.  However, once he had taken over her financial affairs from my sister, he has not made any contact with us again.
Sadly for me, Sister excepted, blood is not thicker than water.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #16212 on: August 25, 2019, 05:16:28 pm »
They booked a hotel room near the "Land of Make Believe" this weekend,

Is this literally the name of a place, or is it a nickname for Disneyland?

I've pretty much decided that's what I'm going to do, take two days off.

Good plan!

I'm going to make assorted stromboli with marinara sauce for dipping.

I suspected so! Yum!

There will be pics taken, no worries.  ;D

I figured as much.  :laugh:

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #16213 on: August 25, 2019, 10:26:53 pm »
Is this literally the name of a place, or is it a nickname for Disneyland?

It's a theme park here in NJ,  has a safari, water park, rides, games and other things.

Go to "what's new" to see some of what they have.

https://www.lomb.com/index.html

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #16214 on: August 31, 2019, 08:31:14 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Just fooling around with some different text font for today.  I like the way it looks, but it's not the easiest to read, so this will most likely be the only post that will have the this font.

Week went by pretty quickly at work, and now here we are at Labor Day weekend!  No big plans here, just going to take it easy and relax!

This month was a three paycheck month, so I have extra cash to throw into savings today.  Fun!

I do plan to go out at one point this weekend and get some new bowling shoes.  The new season started on Tuesday of this week, but it was just a paperwork meeting, meaning we all had to fill out our membership forms and review the by-laws of the league.

Spent some time on ebay today, and I got a bunch of cowboy ornaments and super hero ornaments for the tree this year.   I'll take pics at one point before Christmas.  A bunch of new ornaments are coming out in October that I want to buy, so I'll be ordering them on 10/05, that's when they're available to order.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #16215 on: September 01, 2019, 07:47:40 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Just fooling around with some different text font for today.  I like the way it looks, but it's not the easiest to read, so this will most likely be the only post that will have the this font.

Week went by pretty quickly at work, and now here we are at Labor Day weekend!  No big plans here, just going to take it easy and relax!

This month was a three paycheck month, so I have extra cash to throw into savings today.  Fun!

I do plan to go out at one point this weekend and get some new bowling shoes.  The new season started on Tuesday of this week, but it was just a paperwork meeting, meaning we all had to fill out our membership forms and review the by-laws of the league.

Spent some time on ebay today, and I got a bunch of cowboy ornaments and super hero ornaments for the tree this year.   I'll take pics at one point before Christmas.  A bunch of new ornaments are coming out in October that I want to buy, so I'll be ordering them on 10/05, that's when they're available to order.

Twenty-four point text size? What are you, a text-size queen?  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #16216 on: September 01, 2019, 07:59:08 pm »
Twenty-four point text size? What are you, a text-size queen?  ;D

Here's that font at the forum standard.

Tell me if you can read it.

Hiya BetterMost friends.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #16217 on: September 01, 2019, 08:25:45 pm »
Here's that font at the forum standard.

Tell me if you can read it.

Hiya BetterMost friends.

I can read it. Try 12-point.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #16218 on: September 02, 2019, 11:09:28 am »
I can read it but it's not ideal. I would probably "ctrl +" my screen.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #16219 on: September 05, 2019, 08:31:32 pm »

Hiya BetterMost friends.

Another weekend is upon us!

;D

It looks as if it will be a quiet weekend, and for that I am happy. 

No real pressing plans at all in the near future, other than having to make the first appointment for my new car's scheduled maintenance.   I'll need to check with my brother or father to make sure they are around next weekend and can follow me to the dealer and then drive me back when the car is done.