Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8746587 times)

Offline brianr

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #16220 on: September 06, 2019, 02:52:35 am »
My dealer 'Dunedin City Ford 'always ask if I want a lift anywhere. I guess I would need to find my own way back but I only go during the week and I have a free bus pass. so decline their offer.  For the service (once per year on anniversary of when I purchased in 2010 so February) it takes a couple of hours,  I usually go into the city for a movie. For the yearly WOF (Warrant of Fitness) it is on the anniversary of its first registration so November and takes about 45 minutes. I go across the road to the garden/hardware centre and have a coffee and wander until they ring me. So much better than when I first owned a car that needed servicing every 1000 miles.

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #16221 on: September 14, 2019, 10:37:53 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

I hope that everyone is doing well!

The past week has been a little crazy.  I had a few deadlines at work that I had to meet, and thankfully, I got all my assignments done.  I hate missing deadlines!

On top of that, we have a new (as my mother would call him) "high mucky-muck" at work who decided that he was going to do a string of "Town Hall Meetings" to discuss things that needed to be discussed regarding how our processes are going to change.

We were told we would need to have a lunch ready, and were given a head count of 49 people.   Of course, the day before the meeting, our office's Executive Assistant was out of the office, so it fell to me to get everything set up and make sure that everything was in place.

The day of the meeting, we had people standing along the walls and barely enough food, because about 15 more people showed up, who had not responded to the invite, or weren't invited at all, and just showed up for the meeting and the food.

::)

One of the executives who works in my office was telling the Executive Assistant (who I am close with) that this situation (not enough seats or food) was unacceptable.  I turned to her and told her that we were given a head count of 49, and if there wasn't enough seating or food, it was  because people who weren't supposed to be there, were there.

That seemed to shut her up.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #16222 on: September 15, 2019, 02:32:38 pm »
Good for you for speaking up.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #16223 on: September 21, 2019, 01:00:23 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Slept in today, and it felt so good! 

I did some of my laundry last night after work.  I'm going to a 50th birthday today, and I wanted my clothes to be fresh, so instead of just washing one outfit, I got all the work stuff done.  I still have other clothes to get done, they'll get washed on Sunday.

The birthday party is for my former supervisor at work, but we're friends, so even though we don't work together any more, we're still in touch, and see each other almost daily.   The party will be at a Portuguese restaurant about 30 minutes from my apartment, and I'll be sitting with a bunch of other coworkers.  I gave her two books, one on Downton Abbey (which she loves) and the a gag gift, a book about Grumpy Cat, who I loved, but she could never understand why.   :laugh:

Should be a lot of fun!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #16224 on: September 21, 2019, 01:19:58 pm »
The party will be at a Portuguese restaurant

None of the places I've lived had a big Portuguese population, so I've never eaten at a Portuguese restaurant (or learned to spell Portuguese without spellcheck  :laugh:). What do they have there?

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #16225 on: September 22, 2019, 08:29:51 pm »
Here's the menu for the place we were at last night.

Have a look.

http://www.solmar-restaurant.com/dinner.html

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #16226 on: September 30, 2019, 03:36:31 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Had a four day weekend, that  ends  today.

Saturday I had a family reunion to go to, and everyone was required to bring two things.  A chair to sit on, and a food for people to pick at.

The reunion was at my cousin's house in Bradley Beach, NJ, so it was an hour or so away from where I live.  That meant I couldn't cook my food that morning (I made stromboli) so I had to make it the day before.  I didn't want to stay up all night baking, I was driving myself, my brother and my parents, so I took off Friday to do my food  prep.  Spent Saturday at the reunion, didn't get home until about 8:00 that night.  Sunday was spent doing chores I didn't get done on Saturday,  so  I took today off as well, so I could relax a bit.

;D

It was a lot of fun.  We had a nice sized group, and there was a lot of laughs, hugs, talking, and good food and drink around!

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #16227 on: October 01, 2019, 08:51:45 am »
Nice family! Looks like a lot of fun. Are you behind the camera? I don't see you in the group.

Wasn't there talk of spending one overnight near the reunion?

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #16228 on: October 01, 2019, 09:47:43 am »
Nice family! Looks like a lot of fun. Are you behind the camera? I don't see you in the group.

Chuckie is third row, on the left, sporting mirrored shades.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #16229 on: October 01, 2019, 05:30:09 pm »

Chuckie is third row, on the left, sporting mirrored shades.

Paulie found me!

I'm not surprised you didn't, Katy, as that is NOT a flattering pic of me.  Truth be told, I've recently lost 40 pounds since May.  I've been keeping quiet about it, just to keep people from constantly asking "how is the diet going?".

Unfortunately, in that pic, after I took my spot, I realized there were shorter people behind me, so I bent over to make  sure they could be seen, and I ended up looking like I either have back pain issues, or looking like Quasimodo.

::)

I can stand up straight, thankfully, just not in that picture!  :laugh: