Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8746484 times)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #16280 on: November 20, 2019, 11:47:13 am »
It looks like a parking meter. Yay Superman! The world needs fewer parking meters.

I do have some Thanksgiving decor. I made two hops wreaths this fall and they are hanging on my doors. Somewhere I have some preserved leaves that could be put out in a basket with some acorns and such. You would think I would have colonial figures because of my ancestors but I don't. I'll shop around for some, but I don't want Pilgrims. Hopefully I can find some Williamsburg-type figures.

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #16281 on: November 20, 2019, 12:38:44 pm »

Chuckie, why the parking meter?  I thought he changed in a phone booth.  I understand there are hardly any more phone booths left, but a parking meter seems a poor substitute.

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #16282 on: November 20, 2019, 12:45:53 pm »
Since there are no more phone booths, he has to change in his car. In order to do that, he has to park the car first. And for

that, he needs a parking meter. Can't very well risk be taken by the police in the middle of changing, can he. So

embarassing!

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #16283 on: November 20, 2019, 05:48:14 pm »
I was going to say a car is an uncomfortable place to change clothes, but then a phone booth wouldn't have been ideal, either.

Superman looks angrier than when I last saw him. Also, if his hands are so large compared to his body, wouldn't someone eventually realize ... hey, Clark Kent has huge hands, too!!

:laugh:

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #16284 on: November 21, 2019, 06:29:28 pm »
I think he's so angry because of the shortage of phone booths.

He's forced to go through all that trouble of finding an empty parking space, making sure he has coins ready (it's an old fashioned parking meter, only takes coins), changing clothes while all crouched and making sure nobody sees him.

Such a hassle!

No wonder the man looks angry, I would too!!!

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #16285 on: November 21, 2019, 06:55:01 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Another day down, and Friday is on the horizon.

It's also payday for me!  ;D

Saturday the family is getting together for a few hours for Trent's 6th birthday party.   It will be good to see him and everyone else again.  :)   Sunday will be the usual visit with my parents and doing laundry.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #16286 on: November 21, 2019, 07:10:10 pm »
Cool toys! The kid will be so thrilled.

What's that vaguely phallic object Superman is wielding?

Yeah, I think he will enjoy all the figures.   As for what Superman is wielding, it's a parking meter.

It looks like a parking meter. Yay Superman! The world needs fewer parking meters.

Yes, it's a parking meter, and yes, the world needs less of them!  I agree!!!!

Chuckie, why the parking meter?  I thought he changed in a phone booth.  I understand there are hardly any more phone booths left, but a parking meter seems a poor substitute.

I have no idea why they've given him a parking meter.  The only thing I can think of is all the other figures have a weapon or extra 'something', so they gave  him the meter so kids could pretend he used his strength to rip it out of the ground,  and use it as a weapon.

Since there are no more phone booths, he has to change in his car. In order to do that, he has to park the car first.  And for that, he needs a parking meter. Can't very well risk be taken by the police in the middle of changing, can he. So embarassing!

I was going to say a car is an uncomfortable place to change clothes, but then a phone booth wouldn't have been ideal, either.

Superman looks angrier than when I last saw him. Also, if his hands are so large compared to his body, wouldn't someone eventually realize ... hey, Clark Kent has huge hands, too!!

:laugh:

I think he's so angry because of the shortage of phone booths.

He's forced to go through all that trouble of finding an empty parking space, making sure he has coins ready (it's an old fashioned parking meter, only takes coins), changing clothes while all crouched and making sure nobody sees him.

Such a hassle!

No wonder the man looks angry, I would too!!!

Well, the need for a phone booth is going away, I believe.  If I've read correctly, an upcoming issue of the Superman comic will deal with him giving up the Clark Kent identity, and revealing that Clark and Superman are one in the same.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #16287 on: November 23, 2019, 08:29:58 pm »
Well, the need for a phone booth is going away, I believe.  If I've read correctly, an upcoming issue of the Superman comic will deal with him giving up the Clark Kent identity, and revealing that Clark and Superman are one in the same.

There is a great visual gag in the definitive Superman movie where Christopher Reeve runs up to a pay phone that's not in a phone booth. He has to change in an alley.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #16288 on: November 23, 2019, 10:42:37 pm »
Clark Kent exposed?!! Nooooo!!!!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #16289 on: November 24, 2019, 10:33:03 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Grey, rainy Sunday here!

I'm reminded of the Guns N Roses song, "November Rain".

I had the day wrong for Trent's birthday, it's today.   So I spent yesterday doing the laundry and grocery shopping, so that today would be open.   The party starts at 2, so I'm picking my family up at 1 and then going to the party.

;D

I hadn't heard that the weather would be so wet today.  Yesterday was a bright, sunny day, so I went out and washed the car.  Just as I pulled out of the car wash, I heard the weather report about today.