Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8738623 times)

Online serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #16340 on: December 28, 2019, 05:02:20 pm »
sleeve garters... a shoulder holster

???

What cologne does a gayngster wear?

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #16341 on: December 28, 2019, 05:07:17 pm »
???

Search me. I just wear cheap drug store stuff, like Stetson and Preferred Stock--on both of which I have been complimented.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Online CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #16342 on: December 28, 2019, 08:05:11 pm »

Search me. I just wear cheap drug store stuff, like Stetson and Preferred Stock--on both of which I have been complimented.

This gayngster prefers David Beckham's scents.  I got 5 bottles:  Intimately, Signature, Homme, Instinct, and Classic Blue.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Online CellarDweller

« Reply #16343 on: December 30, 2019, 06:36:33 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

The last weekend of 2019 has passed, and we're about to welcome 2020!  :)

It was a quiet day at work,  which is just what I wanted.  I was able to get things done, and prep for 2020.  If it's the same way tomorrow, I plan on boxing up some 2019 stuff, and some loans that have paid off, and then leaving work early.  We are closing at 3:00, so I get to leave then, instead of between 4:30-5:00 as I usually do.

Once I get home, I will have a quick shower and shave, and then bake the 4 stromboli that I need to make for the New Year's Eve party.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #16344 on: December 30, 2019, 07:53:38 pm »
MORE stromboli??!!!??  :o :o :o

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Online serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #16345 on: December 31, 2019, 10:42:52 am »
MORE stromboli??!!!??  :o :o :o

You can never have too much!

Chuck, the thought of your stromboli crossed my mind when I was deciding what to take to a Christmas Eve gathering. It would have been good. But unfortunately I was shopping and cooking the same day plus had other errands and had to be there at 6. So I opted for something I knew would be easy: slider-size sandwiches with deli roast beef, arugula, cheese, and garlic and red-pepper aioli. Very quick to assemble and they were well-received.

The other thing was, do you serve the stromboli hot? If so, do you keep it hot on your way to the event or do you heat it up when you get there?

I'm never sure I'll have access to an oven at those gatherings, so I usually try to think of something that can be served cold.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #16346 on: December 31, 2019, 10:48:48 am »
I'm never sure I'll have access to an oven at those gatherings, so I usually try to think of something that can be served cold.

Like Revenge?  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Online serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #16347 on: December 31, 2019, 11:17:45 am »
Like Revenge?  ;D

Yes, as the saying goes. But applying the concept of revenge to food -- and unwillingly conjuring the possibilities -- is gross.

I like to get my revenge by living well, to quote another aphorism.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #16348 on: December 31, 2019, 03:44:27 pm »
I like to get my revenge by living well, to quote another aphorism.

And you can never be too rich or too thin. Well, too rich anyway. ...

Online CellarDweller

« Reply #16349 on: December 31, 2019, 05:31:34 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

It's New Year's Eve!   I got a bit of a jump on the list today, because it was slow at work, and my coworker told me she'd cover the last hour at the office, and I went home at 2:00 instead of 3:00.  That hour has helped, and all 4 of the stromboli are done and cooling.  All I need to do now is heat the sauce, and then slice up the stromboli.

:)

Of course, then I need to get ready, but I'm not doing that until the food is prepped and ready to go.  Since I'm wearing a white shirt, I want to make sure it stays clean for as long as possible.  Cooking tomato sauce could be counter-productive to keeping the shirt white.

LOL