Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8747703 times)

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #16490 on: June 04, 2020, 08:29:41 am »
[Work has been going well, and lately I've been able to get all my projects done on time, and sign off at my usual time, so that's good.

Are your projects always changing, or do you have specific things that you do at specific times?

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #16491 on: June 04, 2020, 04:36:20 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

I hope that everyone is doing well!

Another busy day at work, which is ok, makes the day go faster.

I was able to place an order for groceries online last night, which I'm not sure how to take.  Does it mean that people are finally slowing down with the shopping, and now the stores can stock up again, or did I just have good timing?

Either way, I'll  be able to pick up the order on Sunday evening.

Are your projects always changing, or do you have specific things that you do at specific times?

Hiya Katy.   The projects seem to change as the need changes.   The first project was entering the PPP applications into the SBA system.  This was a race against time, because we had no idea when the money would run out.

After that project was done, I was placed on other project that had to do with verifying information on the apps, and helping to resolve issues regarding processing.  This was also a time crunch, because once the loans  were accepted, the bank had 10 business days to get the clients their money.   With both of these projects, I really had only received some brief training via a webinar, so I was not comfortable with the whole process.

This new project is different.   We have an electronic form called the KYC  (Know Your Customer).  Whenever a customer with us gets new products, the KYC has to be completed.  With these PPP loans, we skipped that part of the process in the interest of time, and processing as many applications as possible.  To date, I believe we've accepted 11,000 applications.  So that means  we now  have to go and 'refresh' or update 11,000 KYC forms.

The difference with this third project I'm on is that it is part of my job function, so I am able to breeze through them pretty easily.  I'd also gone to the office two weeks ago (after hours) and picked up my two monitors, keyboard and mouse, so I am able to move much quicker.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #16492 on: June 10, 2020, 08:25:32 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Week has been a little crazy lately, culminating today with a loan closing that I had to handle.   Hoping that tomorrow and Friday are slower.  :)

Feeling tired today, I have been getting up at about 7:45 each day since I don't need to get to the office, and today I was up at 5:45.  I don't know why, but I just woke up and couldn't fall back asleep.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #16493 on: June 11, 2020, 08:49:11 am »
It happens. I'm having trouble remembering what day of the week it is.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #16494 on: June 11, 2020, 09:32:31 am »
Feeling tired today, I have been getting up at about 7:45 each day since I don't need to get to the office, and today I was up at 5:45.  I don't know why, but I just woke up and couldn't fall back asleep.

I would have just kept trying, which is actually less fun than just getting up and starting the day -- especially since lately it's light out by then. The only time I can get up before 6:30 is if I have to catch a plane or something. But once I'm actually up, I like mornings. And evenings.

It's afternoons I could do without.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #16495 on: June 11, 2020, 04:36:59 pm »
I never get enough sleep because I don't go to bed early enough. (Duh. ...)

There are reasons for this. One is that I'm so burned out and unhappy in my job that I can't stand the thought that so much of my day is devoted to working at a job I no longer like. So if I'm at my job seven hours a day (eight if you count lunch), I want to feel like I'm in control for at least a large part of my day (evening), so I stay up too late.

I guess the other reason is probably related to the first one. It's common for me to get so tired mid-evening (say, 8 p.m. or so) that I have to stretch out in my recliner before I fall down. So then, after I have a half-hour nap (even though I don't want to have one), at 11-12:00-ish, when I ought to be in bed, I'm not tired. Then the next afternoon I'm fighting to stay awake because I didn't get enough sleep the night before. It's a vicious cycle that I can't seem to break.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #16496 on: June 12, 2020, 05:13:22 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

I hope that everyone is doing well, and TGIF to you all!

Does anyone have any plans for the weekend?

I was getting little bursts of energy today, so in between working, I did my dishes, cleaned the kitchen, and cleaned my oven.   I also noticed today that my shower curtain needs to be cleaned, so I'll take it down tomorrow and get that done.

I also managed to cut my knuckle when washing a salad container.   I have plastic salad containers that look like this.

As you can see, the bottom has holes and slots in it to allow moisture to get out.  They don't have sharp edges, but I somehow managed to knick my kunckle on one of the slots while cleaning it.  Thought "ouch" and then went back to cleaning, and then saw some blood dripping down.

::)

I hate when I do something stupid like that.

Offline brianr

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #16497 on: June 12, 2020, 05:26:17 pm »
Not that this applies to you yet, Chuck. However you can look forward to ageing. I saw it with my mother and my sister (10 years older than me) now complains about it and I am finding the same. Especially while gardening, it is rare not to go an hour or so. without noticing blood on my hands. Sometimes it does not have to be sharp, just a knock. It depends how much blood whether I keep gardening or go in and get a bandaid.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #16498 on: June 13, 2020, 04:01:14 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

It's been a quiet Saturday.  I didn't do the cleaning for the shower curtain, as I'm keeping a band-aid on my finger for now, and rather than it keep getting wet, falling off, and replacing it, I'm just leaving one on and will deal with the shower curtain later in the week.

Normally I wouldn't even have bothered to put a band-aid on, but this small wound is on my thumb knuckle, and it seems I'm always touching it or tapping it on something, and getting the ointment I've put on all over things, so it's easier to just admit defeat and keep a band-aid on.

::)  :laugh:

later today I plan a quick stop to a local CVS, I want to get some more sleep aids (MidNite), some Aleve pain meds, perhaps some band-aids, and a gift card for Father's Day.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #16499 on: June 13, 2020, 04:08:29 pm »
Not that this applies to you yet, Chuck. However you can look forward to ageing. I saw it with my mother and my sister (10 years older than me) now complains about it and I am finding the same. Especially while gardening, it is rare not to go an hour or so. without noticing blood on my hands. Sometimes it does not have to be sharp, just a knock. It depends how much blood whether I keep gardening or go in and get a bandaid.

Yeah, that doesn't happen to me yet, but I can definitely see changes in my attitude, which my parents told me to expect.

I tend to be pretty laid back, and a few years ago, my parents told me "As  you get older, you'll find you have less and less patience for people's shit, so prepare yourself, because you'll have to learn to hold your tongue and be nice instead of being rude with them.

I laughed it off, but I can DEFINITELY see a change in my attitude now.  There are times I'll talk to people (usually work related) and they'll start to drone on about something, and I will think "My God, how long do I have to listen to this stupidity?"

I also find that I can't be bothered to know everyone at my office.  Since there are about 150 people there, I really only associate with those who I have a connection to, job-wise.  Also, the banking industry can sometimes be a revolving door, people come and go quickly.

When my coworker (Sacha) started, she would see someone walk by, and this conversation would start.

Sacha:  Chuck, who's that?

Me (looking up):  Don't know.

Sacha:  What?  Why don't you know?

Me:  Don't care.

Sacha:  What?  Why don't you care?

Me:  I don't work with them, we're just in the same space.

Sacha:  Ok....what about that person there?

Me (looking over):  Don't know, don't care.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: