Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8741782 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #17340 on: November 10, 2021, 09:26:19 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends!!!!

Happy Hump Day!

Hope that everyone is having a good week.   Being with mom and dad has not been too bad.  I also stopped by the apartment today to pick up my mail, and went upstairs to see what progress has been made so far.

Floor is ripped up
walls are ripped down
vanity and sink are out
toilet is out
medicine chest is out
new tub is in place

tomorrow is Veterans Day, and the bank is closed, so I can relax tomorrow. 

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #17341 on: November 11, 2021, 11:18:03 am »
Enjoy your day off!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Online Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #17342 on: November 13, 2021, 09:39:25 pm »
Well, they did it to me again: Our Eighties station just played "99 Red Balloons."  >:(   ;D   :-*

If they're supposedly an Eighties and Nineties station, how come they also played "Take it Easy," by the Eagles? Love the song and love to hear it anywhere any time, but it's not an Eighties song. Is a puzzlement.  ???
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #17343 on: November 15, 2021, 04:08:04 pm »

Weekends pass too quickly.

I'm sure that nothing happened at my apartment over the weekend, so I would guess that it's where it was at last week.  The new tub was in, and all the tiles were up.  Floor, toilet, sink and medicine chest were not yet in.

Had a bit of a scare this weekend.   I went bowling on Tuesday, and spent the week at the office.  Then, on Friday evening, we received an email that someone who had bowled on Tuesday tested positive for Covid-19.

So I had potentially been exposed, exposed my family because I'm living at home, and exposed my coworkers.

My family and I went for test (not the rapid tests) and we got our results the next day.  We're all negative for Covid, thankfully.

I called my HR department at work, and they said that since I'm double vaxxed, and tested negative, there is no need for me to quarantine.

All well and good, but I think I may skip bowling the next two weeks.  I want those lanes to be disinfected, and I don't want to expose my family to anything.  Then, the week after that is Thanksgiving, and I'll be around others, so I want to be sure I'm safe.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #17344 on: November 20, 2021, 12:45:56 am »

TGIF!  ;D

It's Friday, it's pay day, and the bathroom is done!  :)

Here are some pics.  You can click them to enlarge them.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #17345 on: November 20, 2021, 12:54:18 am »

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #17346 on: November 20, 2021, 12:54:53 am »

New sink/vanity

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #17347 on: November 20, 2021, 12:55:25 am »

New tub.   They also frosted the window inside the tub, so I no longer need blinds.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #17348 on: November 20, 2021, 12:24:06 pm »
Very good, friend. Hope you enjoy your new bathroom! Yesterday, I had my dining room painted. I've been putting it off and it needed it very badly. About three years ago my son came in and prepped the room for painting, spackling, sanding, etc. And then it stayed that way ever since. The paint is not even dry yet but my mood has brightened. There's something about home improvement projects once they're done. They're very therapeutic!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Online Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #17349 on: November 20, 2021, 01:40:19 pm »
Very good, friend. Hope you enjoy your new bathroom! Yesterday, I had my dining room painted. I've been putting it off and it needed it very badly. About three years ago my son came in and prepped the room for painting, spackling, sanding, etc. And then it stayed that way ever since. The paint is not even dry yet but my mood has brightened. There's something about home improvement projects once they're done. They're very therapeutic!

I'm afraid if I am ever able to get things to my place that desperately need to be done, I won't want to sell the place!  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.