Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8743276 times)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #17520 on: April 22, 2022, 07:45:11 pm »
I've been getting ready for and working at the big garden plant, cactus, and dwarf conifer sale this weekend. While I was in the event hall putting out plants, a big windstorm came up.  I came out with my colorful flowers to a scene that looked like it came from Grapes of Wrath:o
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #17521 on: April 23, 2022, 04:05:36 am »
We have a big family celebration this weekend, my FIL's 85. birthday :) First we'll have a "Sektempfang"  (reception with sparkling wine), then a big meal at the Greek restaurant and finally coffee, torte and cake at my in-laws. O0

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #17522 on: April 23, 2022, 03:46:15 pm »
I'm gathering with a group of friends I've been close to since I was a teenager -- at the very site where we used to hang out as teenagers. Back then it was part of a giant garage (actually more like a barn) at the home where two of the friends, brothers, lived. Back then we called it the O.D., short for opium den, because one night one guy dreamed that this garage was an opium den. The next day, everyone went to work (well, OK, to be honest, the GUYS went to work) and built walls around about a quarter of the garage interior, created a room with benches, a table and a loft (for couples making out). We hung out there drinking beer and smoking pot (not opium, though).

Fast forward some decades. One of the friends went into construction, and he tore down the garage and built a home there for his mom, who had always been poor. She lived there for some years, then went into a nursing home and died in 2020. I'm not sure what's been happening with the house since then, but now he's selling it. So we're going to gather there one last time.

Most of the people are going to play a game they really like called 99. I don't like most games so I may sit it out; once you're in it can drag on forever and I'll find myself wishing I could just lose -- once you lose four rounds, you're out -- and be free. The others are really into it, though; there's a trophy that get passed around every time someone wins, and a "booby prize," which is a mug in the shape of a boob. We're a very sophisticated group!  :laugh:

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #17523 on: April 24, 2022, 03:29:01 am »
...but now he's selling it. So we're going to gather there one last time.

I like that! What a great idea of the guy 8)

Coincidentally, Jens and I reiceived an invitation for a class reunion last night. Also decades later, and also at one of our (back then) usual hangouts. Fun! :D

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #17524 on: April 24, 2022, 10:10:02 am »

And Sunday morning I'm a reader in church!

What verses did you read?

All these gatherings! Seems so festive and...normal!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #17525 on: April 24, 2022, 01:12:39 pm »
What verses did you read?

Acts 5:27-32.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #17526 on: April 26, 2022, 04:19:16 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends!!!!

I hope everyone is doing well!

The Stars on Ice show was a lot of fun!   All the skaters were in fine form, and there were very few stumbles.

The skaters who performed were:

Mirai Nagasu - 2 National bronze medals, 2 national silver medals, 1 national gold medal,  1 Olympic bronze medal (T)

Karen Chen -  3 National bronze medals, 1 national silver medals, 1 national gold medal,  1 Olympic silver medal (T)

Mariah Bell -  3 National bronze medals, 1 national silver medals, 1 national gold medal

Alysa Liu - 2 national gold medals,  1 World Championship bronze medal

Madison Hubbell & Zachary Donohue - 4 National bronze medals, 3 national silver medals, 2 national gold medal, 1 World Championship bronze medal, 3 World Championship silver medals, 1 Olympic bronze medal (T), 1 Olympic silver medal (I) (ice dance discipline)

Madison Chock & Evan Bates - 1 National bronze medals, 6 national silver medals, 3 national gold medal, 2 World Championship bronze medal, 1 World Championship silver medals, 1 Olympic silver medal (T) (ice dance discipline)

Alexa Knierim & Brandon Frazier - 1 national gold medal, 1 World Championship gold medal, 1 Olympic silver medal (T) (pair skating discipline)

Jason Brown - 3 National bronze medals, 2 national silver medals, 1 national gold medal, 1 Olympic bronze medal (T)

Vincent Zhou - 3 National bronze medals, 2 national silver medals, 2 World Championship bronze medals, 1 Olympic silver medal (T)

Nathan Chen - 6 national gold medals, 3 World Championship gold medals, 1 Olympic bronze medal (T), 1 Olympic silver medal (T), 1 Olympic gold medal (I)

*note*  You'll notice at the end of the Olympic medal listings it states either (T) or (I).  This is because at the Olympics there is a Figure Skating Team events (1 man, 1 woman, 1 ice dance pair, and 1 pair) will skate as a team, and where ever the team places, each person on the team gets a medal.  So if you see (T), that means they were on a team that won that placement at the Olympics.  If you see (I), that means the skater won their medal in the individual event of either men, women, ice dance, or pairs.

Yesterday (Monday) was a busy day, but today was slower, and my vacationing coworker that I was covering for was back today, so I was able to breathe a bit.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #17527 on: May 04, 2022, 10:14:53 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends!!!!

I hope everyone is doing well!

Been keeping busy with work lately, and have been going into the office as needed.   I was there on Monday, and was the only one there.  I went there on Tuesday too, but there were other people around to see.

Getting ready for Mother's Day on Sunday.   Should be with mom and the family.  ;D

No big news this week, it's been pretty quiet.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #17528 on: May 05, 2022, 09:47:25 am »
Quiet is good! My trip to the Four Corners area went well. I had much anxiety before it started but relaxed while I was on the road. I went with three other ladies who I've just gotten to know lately from the Colorado Springs area. i felt safe and valued with them.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #17529 on: May 05, 2022, 11:08:43 am »
Quiet is good! My trip to the Four Corners area went well. I had much anxiety before it started but relaxed while I was on the road. I went with three other ladies who I've just gotten to know lately from the Colorado Springs area. i felt safe and valued with them.

Did you stay in Durango?
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.