Author Topic: How often do you think about Brokeback Mountain?  (Read 21263 times)

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: How often do you think about Brokeback Mountain?
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2006, 01:34:53 pm »
Noooooooooo David it,s not pathetic atall lol.  The strangest things make me think of that film.  Cooking(open the cupboard and see a can of beans) ffs I cant look at a can of damn beans without smiling now!! Thats pathetic.  I was painting today, and I suddenly had visions of Jack and Ennis in their own place doing the same sort of thing together, larking about and getting covered in paint.  Thats pathetic.  I often think of different scenarios too, like changing a scene so it gets a happy ending. Makes me feel better.  Thats pathetic.  FGS this bloody  film lol.  I dont know about you lot, but I cant remember a film that has affected so many people so much.  They deffinatly make the cutest sexiest couple on screen. sigh. :) :)
Oh one last thing, nothing to do with the thread btw. Own up now. How many of you have your picture files nearly FULL of pics from brokeback or of Jake or Heath??  Come on admit it, it,s pretty full of them isnt it? Mine is.  THAT is pathetic, but nice too.  :P :P

My guess is we'll all chime in on that one.  Both of mine - at home and at work - are full to the rim with Jack and Ennis (and a smidgeon of Jake and Heath, but mostly Jack and Ennis).  I also have the reunion scene (in its entirety, of course), Brandon's montage, and two different audios of interviews of Jake on my home PC.

I just bought a silver ankle bracelet and ordered a harmonica charm to go on it at my lunch break today.  Now *that's* pathetic.
No more beans!

Offline Jane

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Together forever.xx
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2006, 01:46:04 pm »
My guess is we'll all chime in on that one.  Both of mine - at home and at work - are full to the rim with Jack and Ennis (and a smidgeon of Jake and Heath, but mostly Jack and Ennis).  I also have the reunion scene (in its entirety, of course), Brandon's montage, and two different audios of interviews of Jake on my home PC.

I just bought a silver ankle bracelet and ordered a harmonica charm to go on it at my lunch break today.  Now *that's* pathetic.

Where did you get those then??? I want one too, so I can be even more pathetic. ;)
Always and forever. J&E.xx

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2006, 01:54:09 pm »
Where did you get those then??? I want one too, so I can be even more pathetic. ;)

I got the reunion scene at youtube.com, I believe.  I think I might have gotten the audios there, too.  The best one was done right after his win at the BAFTAs in February.  The other one was a telephone interview prior to the Oscars, I think, in which he sounded utterly exhausted and as if he were lying down while talking.  If anyone here knows what I'm talking about (Brandon?  Leslie?  David?) and where to find them, please feel free to jump in and help Jane out.  Meanwhile, Jane, PM me with your email address, and when I get home tonight, I'll see if I can find/send any of them to you.  I think the audios might be on my other computer at home that keeps having a recurring video card problem.  My husband was supposed to be buying a router sometime this week so we can switch between it and our back-up when it goes down.  Our back-up is all that's hooked up right now, and I don't think I have the audios saved on that one.

Could this get any more complicated?  ;)

If you're asking about the harmonica charm, in which case I've almost completely misunderstood you, I just ordered it from World of Charms down here in Florida.  I bought the anklet there today, and they didn't have the charms in stock.  I wanted a white gold one (picky, picky), so I'll have to wait until next week when it comes in.  It was $22.00.
No more beans!

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2006, 01:37:17 am »
If I had taken this poll anytime between November and March, it would have been Almost Constantly.  Now I'm Off and on throughout the day.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2006, 01:44:29 am »
If I had taken this poll anytime between November and March, it would have been Almost Constantly.  Now I'm Off and on throughout the day.

I'm not there yet, but I can now manage to go an occasional hour or so without thinking about Brokeback. Helps if something huge is going on to distract me. If, say, my house were on fire, I could probably manage to go two hours.

gattaca

« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2006, 05:21:03 pm »
Oh....on and off throughout the day. I just got back from Homo Depot (get it?) and there was this guy who'd parked his Ford pickup next to my car who looked just like Jack Twist from the back with the blue chambray shirt, jeans, boots and I swear, a "beat up Resistol tilted back".

Western wear is common in southern Arizona, even when it's 103 degrees.  ;)

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2006, 05:29:44 pm »
I was at a classic car show today and there were several nice looking "Jack Twist" type of pickups there.    I kiddingly asked the owner if she'd sell me the truck.  She said "Oh no, my husband loves this truck".   I so wanted to say "I'll bet Jack Twist wished his was in this beautiful shape".

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2006, 11:25:34 pm »
I voted 'daily' but that varies because sometimes I only get online once a day and somedays I'm off and on all day and when I'm at work, I have some fav pics from BBM up in my cubical where I can see them without even trying.  So I'd say daily is a good average.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2006, 12:15:31 am »
Well, it's definitely off and on throughout the day everyday for me.  I'm on this board essentially everyday (unless I have a trip or something that physically takes me away from the computer) and like people have said... I tend to start and end my day thinking about BBM.  The soundtrack just permanently lives in my stereo (I haven't bothered to put it in it's case for quite a while).  I tend to watch the movie about 3 times a week... although I'm back to my bad-old-ways of not being able to watch it all the way through.  I have to take it out after the motel.  I thought I'd broken myself of this problem, but alas, it's come back.
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2006, 01:25:33 pm »
Off and on throughout the day for me...