Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4589852 times)

Scott6373

Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3860 on: May 25, 2007, 08:40:47 am »
"I have no explanation for what I did," Castro said in court. "I felt bad after I did it."

Well maybe not right after.

injest

« Reply #3861 on: May 25, 2007, 08:44:45 am »
"I have no explanation for what I did," Castro said in court. "I felt bad after I did it."

Well maybe not right after.

:laugh: :laugh:

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3862 on: May 25, 2007, 09:10:21 am »
Getting close

I think it is Amsterdam's airport, but I am not so sure. It also looks a lot like Madrid Barajas airport's newest terminal 4, but no brokie has been here so I guess that sort of eliminates that option. So, I vote for Amsterdam.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #3863 on: May 25, 2007, 08:50:52 pm »
a candid shot of La Leslie hard at work, with some of her Brokeback memorabilia displayed on the wall behind her:

“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

injest

« Reply #3864 on: May 26, 2007, 06:17:49 am »
uh oh...people being snippy with you, David?

people just can't get it thru their heads that the people at the counter don't MAKE the rules...they just are stuck trying to enforce them!

injest

« Reply #3865 on: May 26, 2007, 07:07:40 am »
I swear some people just come in with a chip on their shoulder. 

This married couple came in yesterday.   As the husband started putting his bags on the table, one of our guys politely asked if they had any liquids in their bags.   

No answer.   Meanwhile we saw him talking to his wife, so we knew he wasn't deaf.

Our guy asked again.  :"Do you have any liquids in your bag sir that you need to take out?"

Again , no answer.

This time he asked a little louder thinking he was maybe hard of hearing.

The husband then shouted real loud  "NO!" and slammed his bag on the table.

It was loud enough that everyone in the room of about 100 people heard.   Our Supervisor came over and asked what the problem was.   

Eveyone quickly pointed out he the passenger just snapped for no reason.    The wife starts chiming in : "There is no law that says we have to answer any of your questions"

We quickly explained that the law of common descency, courtesy and politeness does apply.   That plus being uncooperative will get you additional screening or worse, the suspicious behavior will get you a visit with the State Police.
We hear horror stories from other airports of passengers throwing their food at screeners who tell them they have a prohibited liquid, gel, pudding, whatever.

I can't wait for that to happen to me.   I am 6 foot 3 so I'll jump the table and tackle the person.    Male or female, your going down and I'll drag you screaming to the State Police myself.

see this is what I don't understand....do they think they are gonna win? Like you say, you can make it harder or easier on them...all they have to do is act NEUTRALLY they don't even have to be NICE, just not RUDE...

at least there IS a line beyond which you can call in backup to deal with them  >:(

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #3866 on: May 26, 2007, 07:28:57 am »
how very odd, my post disappeared.

It is warm this morning, but Leslie will post the temperature soon I am sure and it will be warmer.

I am waiting on my final call from my new employers in Britain, and spent some time last night looking for bungalows and two bedroom flats in Buckinghamshire, since I can choose to live anywhere and I do love Buckinghamshire.

A little shopping today, a little visiting after the phone call, and then ... back to work as they say.

John Milton's Cottage, Chalfont St. Giles, Buckinghamshire

“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #3867 on: May 26, 2007, 08:42:54 am »
They took away my gluten free egg sandwiches when I arrived in Australia, with profuse apologies.  Quarantine restrictions disallow any and all dairy products from entering Australia.

Too bad they missed the cane toads on the first pass.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #3868 on: May 26, 2007, 08:50:46 am »
Morning all,

80 degrees already! Yesterday it was up in the 90s. Typical Maine weather....cold, cold, cold then full blown summer for Memorial Day weekend.

Memorial Day is either cold and rainy or hot. I cannot think of a time we had a warm (ie, in the 60s) Memorial Day.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #3869 on: May 26, 2007, 11:34:45 pm »
as anyone from Israel will point out to you, and rightly so, the number of El Al flights that have been hijacked, or have exploded with bombs aboard, has been exactly zero.  Considering that Israel is the target of much hatred and is a prime target, that record demonstrates what constitutes successful screening.