Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4588824 times)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3900 on: May 30, 2007, 06:04:03 am »
Hey ho gang,

I took a bit of a break in my workaday life of interviewing and waiting for contract paperwork to roll in to attend a concert in Boston with Leslie, and we saw STEELY DAN!!!

They were - great.  It was great.  I have been a fan of Steely Dan for 33 years, and Leslie, well - even longer.  And the crowd of people was so mellow, so well behaved  - so : old!

I wrote up a list of what we heard in the concert - one of the songs I did not recognize since I do not have all of their newest work, but the rest were not only familiar but the entire BofA Pavilion echoed with the sound of thousands of devoted fans singing along to.  Let me know if anyone wants it - they are definitely worth the price of admission, holy cow!

and contrary to what I thought last night, I got five sound clips and a video clip!

Here is the best sound clip from the finale song:  'Bodhisattva'
« Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 06:22:53 am by louise van hine »
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #3901 on: May 30, 2007, 07:26:41 am »
Morning all,

60 degrees and a lovely sunny morning. It looks like it will be another beautiful day.

As Louise said, we saw Steely Dan last evening. One might have called it, "7000 geezers go to a rock concert." At least the geezers were looking mighty fine and enjoyed the show immensely. The evening started with another band (sorry, didn't catch the name) with an organ player who looked a lot like Ellery. They played for 45 minutes, and then Steely Dan took the stage at 8:30 pm. They played for two hours with one encore. I think they played 16 songs total, mostly familiar stuff from albums like Gaucho, Aja, and Royal Scam. It was great and I have a tee shirt as a souvenir!

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3902 on: May 30, 2007, 07:32:18 am »
7.000 geezers? LOL Anyway, I'm glad you two enjoyed the concert.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #3903 on: May 30, 2007, 07:44:42 am »
7.000 geezers? LOL Anyway, I'm glad you two enjoyed the concert.

I would guess that the average age of attendees was about 50. Lots of gray heads...mostly gray heads!...in the audence.

And as Louise said, we all knew all the words!

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #3904 on: May 30, 2007, 08:23:59 am »
for those who haven't done so, check out the Steely Dan Heavy Rollers Tour - anyone who is on the east coast will find a venue near to them if they have not already played it, and there ARE seats available, if Boston was any measure.  Well attended but not packed.

“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #3905 on: May 30, 2007, 08:43:35 am »
Hey, David,

Thanks for all the helpful suggestions on packing for flying. People might have thought I was being silly with my obsessive planning, but with your suggestions, and studying the TSA web site, I sailed through Security both here at home in Philadelphia and in Denver on the way home yesterday.

It was weird, actually. My flight on Friday was at 10:15. Owing to matching the schedule of our local trains to the airport vs. my flight time, I got to the airport about 7:45. There couldn't have been more than a dozen people ahead of me for scanning. I had to laugh. The screeners were trolling for business--"There's another line open over here!" Bear in mind this was Friday morning of Memorial Day weekend. :o Where was everybody?  I got through screening so quickly I had two effen hours to kill before my flight. If I could have predicted that, I could have slept in another hour and had breakfast at the airport and still had plenty of time. Denver was busier on Tuesday than Philadelphia was on Friday, and Denver didn't seem too busy Friday afternoon, either, from what I could see after my flight arrived.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #3906 on: May 30, 2007, 08:48:14 am »
The secret handshake will be revealed to you tonight in a dream. I don't know why. That's how they do it around here.  ???

:laugh: Millions would think you're joking (but I know otherwise!)   ;)   :laugh:

Thanks again for your warm wishes of welcome.  :D
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

injest

« Reply #3907 on: May 30, 2007, 08:51:23 am »
:laugh: Millions would think you're joking (but I know otherwise!)   ;)   :laugh:

Thanks again for your warm wishes of welcome.  :D

David??

joking?

you're kidding! no way would DAVID be joking...just NOT his style at all... ::) ::)

Congrats....to be honest at the rate you go I expected before now!  ;)

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #3908 on: May 30, 2007, 09:10:13 am »
David??

joking?

you're kidding! no way would DAVID be joking...just NOT his style at all... ::) ::)

Congrats....to be honest at the rate you go I expected before now!  ;)

Thank ya kindly, Jess. It's lovely to be here.  :)
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #3909 on: May 30, 2007, 09:01:01 pm »
Congrats Kerry!!

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie