Author Topic: Heath Ledger - the grieving thread  (Read 629913 times)

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Heath Ledger dead - grieving thread
« Reply #230 on: January 23, 2008, 12:36:58 am »

:(

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
« Reply #231 on: January 23, 2008, 12:37:57 am »
I can hardly believe it. I just got the news about an hour and a half ago. It feels much like Jack dying in the movie only this it true life.  I know everyone will be terribly upset today and for a good while we will feel a great sadness.  Different scenes from Brokeback Mt keep appearing and disappearing in my mind.  I'm so sad and even if I tell myself to be thankful for a superb actor to have played a role that gave our community such a great gift, I can't feel anything but grief.  But I'm grateful our Bettermost community is here.  I'm sending a hug to anyone who needs it...  In memory of Heath.
Rayn, you sweet man! Thanks for the hug!
You know, I was thinking the same thing when I heard. For a split second I thought about the tire iron and how my reaction to this was much the same as it was to Jacks death in the movie.
The only difference is this is real in the physical world and we will never see him again outside of dreams and re-runs.
God rest his soul.
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline nakymaton

• aka Mel
« Reply #232 on: January 23, 2008, 12:45:02 am »
A friend e-mailed me to say "so sorry to hear about Heath Ledger, hope you're doing ok."

I thought: "what the hell?" and checked the NY Times, figuring that it would be sober and respectful enough to keep me from cringing.

The friend isn't the sort to make a cruel joke, but I still keep refreshing the news pages, figuring there's got to be some mistake.
Watch out. That poster has a low startle point.

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • I swear.............
« Reply #233 on: January 23, 2008, 12:47:57 am »
but I still keep refreshing the news pages, figuring there's got to be some mistake.
Friend, if only it were so. :'(
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline KristinDaBomb

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
    • My Blog
« Reply #234 on: January 23, 2008, 12:51:32 am »
I heard about this earlier and I thought it was some sick joke. I am heartbroken.
xoxo

~Kristin~

<3

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #235 on: January 23, 2008, 12:51:57 am »

I still keep refreshing the news pages, figuring there's got to be some mistake.

Me too.  Doesn't make sense.

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #236 on: January 23, 2008, 12:52:31 am »
I have just turned off the news after watching a five hour non stop coverage of Heath Ledger......(I am in Australia)....

......and I feel like I have just sat and watched Brokeback Mountain with the whole world, and they are greving along with us, the way we grieved when Jack died........

Im sorry if that sounds weird, but I gotta let it out..........
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #237 on: January 23, 2008, 12:53:21 am »
A friend e-mailed me to say "so sorry to hear about Heath Ledger, hope you're doing ok."

I thought: "what the hell?" and checked the NY Times, figuring that it would be sober and respectful enough to keep me from cringing.

The friend isn't the sort to make a cruel joke, but I still keep refreshing the news pages, figuring there's got to be some mistake.
I wish it were, Mel. But I'm so glad to see you here! Some of the threads you started in the Open Forum are still going strong!! I'm sending a hug over the Continental Divide to you.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #238 on: January 23, 2008, 12:54:23 am »
This has totally bowled me over. I just need to be alone with D.L. right now. I need to get out of the city and head into the country. We are loading up my truck and heading to the cabin on Lake Cherokee tonight, I would like to see the sun rise over the pine trees, maybe have breakfast with D.L. and his little boy later on.  

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 23, 2008, 01:08:00 am »
I can't thank you enough for those beautiful words, John.

You know, the wind is howling outside my window, now, through the pouring rain.  The wind is not unusual here this time of year, but the pouring rain is.  If Ennis is gone, too, then he is finally with Jack.  Between that notion and your lovely words, I think I just might have a peaceful night after all.

xxxx you, too,
Barb

I write this message from Heath's homeland, Australia. It is a bright, sunny, high summer day here.

It's a perfect day for surfing, Heath. You can now do all the surfing you want, little darlin'.   

:'(   :'(   :'(

γνῶθι σεαυτόν