Author Topic: Heath Ledger - the grieving thread  (Read 629971 times)

Offline Shuggy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • 1964 - 2006
    • The Ataahua Shop
Re: Heath Ledger dead - grieving thread
« Reply #260 on: January 23, 2008, 02:27:16 am »
"Please now respect our family's need to grieve and come to terms with our loss privately."
Early on, that was screened unedited: the family tried to wave away questions and move back into the house but one voice called out "One question. Who are you?" and they had to say their names. Unbelievable. Not even an "excuse me" or a "would you mind telling us your names".

I hope the crassness will fade as people have more time to collect their thoughts and mind their words.

It's really good to have Bettermost to come home to, for us all to lick our wounds. Hugs to you all.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #261 on: January 23, 2008, 02:28:03 am »
Perhaps we should hug all our loved ones today and make certain they understand how much we love them. I think Heath would want us to do that. Because as we just found out today, we never know when the inevitable will strike.

I already told my daddy I love him.

And so......

{{{{{{BETTERMOST}}}}}

I love you guys!! :)

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline BBM-Cat

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #262 on: January 23, 2008, 02:33:31 am »
Perhaps we should hug all our loved ones today and make certain they understand how much we love them. I think Heath would want us to do that. Because as we just found out today, we never know when the inevitable will strike.

Most definitely - such an irony, that the tragedy of BBM hits us even harder, and for real this time.
Six-word Stories:  ~Jack: Lightning Flat, lightning love, flat denied   ~Ennis: Open space: flat tire, tire iron?

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #263 on: January 23, 2008, 02:41:29 am »
(((David))) Love you sweetheart.

((( all Brokies)))

Offline dot-matrix

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
« Reply #264 on: January 23, 2008, 02:43:27 am »
Resquiat in Pace

Those whom the gods love die young
-- Homer's hymn to Apollo

Heath was a man's man, he was sensitive and kind, he was shy and retiring, he was a lover, a father, a son and a brother.  He was all the things he brought to his iconic role of Ennis Del Mar and so much much more.

I feel strongly that it is  appropriate and essential to note that Heath's portrayal of Ennis Del Mar in "Brokeback Mountain" was not merely unforgettable. It was intensely human and moving, also painful and difficult to deal with because his performance was so real and so true. Heath Ledger vanished and Ennis Del Mar came to life before our eyes.  Up there on the big screen, was a man we'd seen before; a gay man, a real person, this was not a joke. This was genuinely heartbreaking. And I do not believe any other actor his age could have done such great justice to Annie Proulx's tormented and tragic hero. Heath stated that he;

"took the time to investigate him and to discover what exactly his battles were. What was preventing him from expressing emotion and to love? And one of the conclusions I came to was that he's battling himself."

That is a measure of Heath’s  talent, young as he was. And his promise. And now that is gone forever but he will also live forever in every heart he touched and be forever beautiful and forever young.  Matilda may only have fleeting and vague memories of the man that was her father but his family and his films will keep him alive for her.

:'(  {{{Big hugs to you all}}}
Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #265 on: January 23, 2008, 02:45:22 am »
I know exactly what you mean, BBM-Cat!

I just saw an Aussie contestant on American Idol who sounded so much like Heath that it brought tears to my eyes!

I saw him too, Littlewing. I thought the same thing.
"The most important thing is being sincere, even if you have to fake it." - Cesar Romero

Offline LauraGigs

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
    • My Design Portfolio
« Reply #266 on: January 23, 2008, 02:51:06 am »

Anything interesting up there in heaven?

:'(
-Laura

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #267 on: January 23, 2008, 02:57:59 am »
Thank you, beautiful Laura.

:(

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #268 on: January 23, 2008, 03:01:09 am »
(((David))) Love you sweetheart.

((( all Brokies)))

{{{CHRISSI}}}}

I love you too sweet baby!!  :-*

I wish I had a dollar for every time you've made me laugh. I'd be a very rich man now. And you've made me think and ponder too. Not an easy feat for someone like me! You gleam and shine like a brilliant diamond. Thanks for being such a good friend!

Resquiat in Pace

Those whom the gods love die young
-- Homer's hymn to Apollo

Heath was a man's man, he was sensitive and kind, he was shy and retiring, he was a lover, a father, a son and a brother.  He was all the things he brought to his iconic role of Ennis Del Mar and so much much more.

I feel strongly that it is  appropriate and essential to note that Heath's portrayal of Ennis Del Mar in "Brokeback Mountain" was not merely unforgettable. It was intensely human and moving, also painful and difficult to deal with because his performance was so real and so true. Heath Ledger vanished and Ennis Del Mar came to life before our eyes.  Up there on the big screen, was a man we'd seen before; a gay man, a real person, this was not a joke. This was genuinely heartbreaking. And I do not believe any other actor his age could have done such great justice to Annie Proulx's tormented and tragic hero. Heath stated that he;

"took the time to investigate him and to discover what exactly his battles were. What was preventing him from expressing emotion and to love? And one of the conclusions I came to was that he's battling himself."

That is a measure of Heath’s  talent, young as he was. And his promise. And now that is gone forever but he will also live forever in every heart he touched and be forever beautiful and forever young.  Matilda may only have fleeting and vague memories of the man that was her father but his family and his films will keep him alive for her.

:'(  {{{Big hugs to you all}}}

What a beautiful and appropriate tribute to Heath, Dottie. I'm certain he's reading it right now from somewhere up there!  :'(  :'(

:-*  :-*

Anything interesting up there in heaven?

:'(
-Laura

Laura, I was hoping to look up at the stars tonight and see that sweet face of Heath written somewhere up there in the Heavens. What a beautiful graphic! Thanks baby!!!  :-*

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Flashframe777

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • autumn auteur
« Reply #269 on: January 23, 2008, 03:05:33 am »
Thanks for sharing RT.  Good night to all.  Until tomorrow.
"yet he is suffused with a sense of pleasure because Jack Twist was in his dream"