Author Topic: Heath Ledger - the grieving thread  (Read 629962 times)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Heath Ledger - the grieving thread
« Reply #460 on: January 24, 2008, 03:31:39 pm »
Tons of Heath pictures throughout his career:

http://movies.msn.com/celebs/celeb.aspx?c=300274&mp=p&GT1=7701

Thank you Eric for posting the link.

I know it's silly, but I feel like saving all those pics on my Heath album. Somehow I fear they might be gone soon.
Of course I won't, but I admit I have saved many pics the last two days. I've seen them often before (and had saved some), but I always thought they'd be around the net and around BetterMost always. Just like I thought Heath will be around, you know?

Offline souxi

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #461 on: January 24, 2008, 03:38:06 pm »
Thank you Eric for posting the link.

I know it's silly, but I feel like saving all those pics on my Heath album. Somehow I fear they might be gone soon.
Of course I won't, but I admit I have saved many pics the last two days. I've seen them often before (and had saved some), but I always thought they'd be around the net and around BetterMost always. Just like I thought Heath will be around, you know?

No it,s not silly atall. I,ve got tons of Heath pics in my pic folder, tons. Wanna know whats crazy? I,ve been talking to Heath at regular intervals today, I mean ffs!! Am I daft or what? It,s not like he can hear me is it lol. I need help. ::)

Dagi

« Reply #462 on: January 24, 2008, 03:48:23 pm »
Tons of Heath pictures throughout his career:

http://movies.msn.com/celebs/celeb.aspx?c=300274&mp=p&GT1=7701

Thanks for sharing! Although looking at them makes my heart ache.

Dagi

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • I swear.............
« Reply #463 on: January 24, 2008, 03:56:03 pm »
At the Spring Street Natural Restaurant, a bartender who asked not to be identified said Ledger often came by in the evening for a drink, which he nursed at a table in the back. He didn't stand out in the crowd.

So like Ennis. :'(
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Dagi

« Reply #464 on: January 24, 2008, 04:11:58 pm »
No it,s not silly atall. I,ve got tons of Heath pics in my pic folder, tons. Wanna know whats crazy? I,ve been talking to Heath at regular intervals today, I mean ffs!! Am I daft or what? It,s not like he can hear me is it lol. I need help. ::)

I am sure he can hear you.

Dagi

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #465 on: January 24, 2008, 04:23:07 pm »

Souxi....just put your antenna up, tune it to Heath's wavelength and he'll hear you loud and clear. He might even answer. You know I'm serious!

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #466 on: January 24, 2008, 04:48:21 pm »
I still haven't heard it confirmed that there will even be a New York funeral.  There were people speculating that one wouldn't be held, possibly to avoid picketing by that monster Phelps (why couldn't the Lord have taken him?).  ::)

What you said makes me think "only the good die young". Which probably means Fred Phelps will still be tormenting us when he's 120 years old.

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline oilgun

« Reply #467 on: January 24, 2008, 04:50:31 pm »

Sorry if the following sounds trite but I've been doing a lot of thinking the last couple of days. I've been thinking that maybe I have abandonment issues. 

My overwhelming emotion, once the shock of Heath's death subsided, was an almost all-consuming anger.  Anger at Heath, anger at other grievers and the cannibalistic media, but mainly, anger at myself.  I'm angry that I let myself be sucked into the Heath universe only to be dumped just when it was getting really good. 

The bastard seduced me with his amazingly affecting, open and generous performances. They were so effective that I began to return the favour.  I let my guard down, opened up and made an emotional commitment.  For the first time in quite a while, I actually felt something.  After years of emotional self-preservation, I reciprocated.  I mean, it seemed like a pretty safe arrangement, a real win-win situation.

All he had to do was keep making movies.  Throw me a bone once in while, an Ennis here, a Jacob there, anything I could sink my teeth in and feed on and just feel!  I was looking forward to him becoming a director, maybe mentor some young actors, record music, just keep on living (and giving). The point is, I had plans and I was in for the long-haul.  I was even looking forward to defending him when he got old, bald and possibly Brando-fat and embarrassing.  (Of course, by then I'd be at best, a senile old man in Depends trying to feel-up disgusted orderlies, but that's beside the point.)  Instead, just like that, he dumped me.  It's interesting how selfish grief can be sometimes.

I'm still horribly sad that Heath is gone, sad for Matilda and everyone else in his life who loved him and sad for all the movies he won't be in, but to my relief I'm much less angry.  I think I'll be ok.

Thanks for allowing me this therapy, people.

Offline smellykellyjay

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #468 on: January 24, 2008, 04:54:20 pm »
I still haven't heard it confirmed that there will even be a New York funeral.  There were people speculating that one wouldn't be held, possibly to avoid picketing by that monster Phelps (why couldn't the Lord have taken him?).  ::)

Contrary to what he and his people fervently believe, the Lord don't want him. 

Although, God does seem to have a wicked sense of humor, so He may let Phelps in when his time comes, just to let him see firsthand how many fags made it into Heaven.  After He sees the priceless look on Phelps's face, He'll quickly give him the bum's rush to Hell before he stinks up the place. 
I been one poor correspondent, and I been too, too hard to find, but it doesn't mean you ain't been on my mind.  -- America

Offline BBM-Cat

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #469 on: January 24, 2008, 04:55:55 pm »
In SoHo, Heath Ledger was scruffy loner
BY MEHRNOOSH TORBATNEJAD and CORKY SIEMASZKO
DAILY NEWS WRITERS

"We were surprised, we never knew he was an actor," manager Max Barrsi said. "He was practically here all the time for coffee . . . always very nice with us."

WOW, is it possible?! LOL. Seriously, it reflects Heath was a down-earth guy who didn't tout his celebrity status...

Six-word Stories:  ~Jack: Lightning Flat, lightning love, flat denied   ~Ennis: Open space: flat tire, tire iron?