Author Topic: Heath Ledger - News Accounts  (Read 1142307 times)

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Heath Ledger - News Accounts
« Reply #490 on: February 06, 2008, 11:21:04 am »
True, but I like to think she has good, supportive people around her to help her. The reports said that her mother and best friend were at her home in NY when she flew home from Sweden. Now, in Australia, she is with Heath's mom. I like to believe that she has a good relationship with his family. She and Heath lived in Australia for about 6 months while he was filming Candy and she was pregnant. It comforts me to think that she got to know his family during that time and they continue to be supportive of each other.

I have nothing to base this on except my own personal feelings and observations. But it seems like Heath was very close to his family so I imagine that they (Heath and Michelle) spent time with them while they were in Australia for that extended period. There were also the reports that she and Heath went to his father's wedding back in 2006. More evidence of family closeness.

L

Assuming Michelle didn't have a good relationship with Heath's family while he was alive, I'm pretty sure now they'll be close and supportive of each other for Matilda's sake. It is possible that when they were together, Michelle got a long with Heath's family. But I wonder if after they separated that relationship remained in good terms. Break ups tend to alienate relatives. People begin taking sides and such.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #491 on: February 06, 2008, 11:25:20 am »
Toxicology report says accidental overdose of prescription drugs.

Story is breaking now...

cnn.com
Former IMDb Name: True Oracle of Phoenix / TOoP (I pronounce it "too - op") / " in fire forged,  from ash reborn" / Currently: GeorgeObliqueStrokeXR40

moremojo

« Reply #492 on: February 06, 2008, 11:28:59 am »
Yes, I went to their site and the banner is up. So sad...but hopefully we as a society can learn from this tragedy and other lives may be saved.

Offline Verona

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • "Ain't never enough time... never enough."
« Reply #493 on: February 06, 2008, 11:32:13 am »
Finally.

RIP, friend.  :'(

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #494 on: February 06, 2008, 11:52:12 am »
Having any answer at all is better than the ambiguous waiting game that's been going on for two weeks.

Poor Heath. 
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline LauraGigs

• BetterMost Moderator
    • My Design Portfolio
« Reply #495 on: February 06, 2008, 12:19:58 pm »
I think Kim Ledger's statement is remarkable.  Heath truly comes from a wonderful, classy family. 

-------------------
From the NYT:

The actor’s father, Kim Ledger, who lives in Australia, released the following statement this morning through Mara Buxbaum, Heath Ledger’s publicist:

"We remain humble as parents and a family, among millions of people worldwide who may have suffered the tragic loss of a child. Few can understand the hollow, wrenching, and enduring agony parents silently suffer when a child predeceases them. Today’s results put an end to speculation, but our son’s beautiful spirit and enduring memory will forever remain in our hearts.

While no medications were taken in excess, we learned today the combination of doctor-prescribed drugs proved lethal for our boy. Heath’s accidental death serves as a caution to the hidden dangers of combining prescription medication, even at low dosage.

Our family enjoyed an extremely happy two week visit with Heath just prior to the New Year. Those recent precious days will stay with us forever. We as a family feel privileged to have some of his amazing magic moments captured in film. To most of the world Heath was an actor of immeasurable talent and promise. To those who knew him personally, Heath was a consummate artist whose passions also included photography, music, chess and directing. We knew Heath as a loving father, as our devoted son, and as a loyal and generous brother and friend.

We treasure our beautiful granddaughter Matilda (to our dear Michelle) as well as an unbelievably wonderful network of close friends, forever, around the world. Families rarely experience the uplifting, warm and massive outpouring of grief and support as have we, from every corner of the planet. This has deeply and profoundly touched our hearts and lives. We are eternally grateful.

At this moment we respectfully request the worldwide media allow us time to grieve privately, without the intrusions associated with press and photography."

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #496 on: February 06, 2008, 12:30:00 pm »
I think Kim Ledger's statement is remarkable.  Heath truly comes from a wonderful, classy family. 

So true, what a moving statement.

'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline opinionista

« Reply #497 on: February 06, 2008, 04:45:10 pm »
Report: Feds to Probe Heath Ledger's Drug Supply

With the autopsy results for Heath Ledger now a matter of public record, the federal government is reportedly stepping in to determine how the actor was able to obtain so many prescription drugs, according to TV Guide.com.

New York City's Chief Medical Examiner on Wednesday announced that the 28-year-old actor's Jan. 22 death was accidentally caused by "the combined effects of Oxycodone, Hydrocodone, Diazepam, Temazepam, Alprazolam, and Doxylamine."

The Drug Enforcement Administration will now probe how Ledger obtained the various drugs. Oxycodone is a painkiller, Hydrocodone is also known as Vicodin, Diazepam is commonly called Valium, Temazepam treats anxiety or sleeplessness, Alprazolam is known as Xanax, and Doxylamine is a sedating antihistamine often used as a sleep aid.
– Kathy Ehrich Dowd and Stephen M. Silverman

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20176543,00.html
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

mvansand76

« Reply #498 on: February 06, 2008, 04:58:26 pm »
Report: Feds to Probe Heath Ledger's Drug Supply

With the autopsy results for Heath Ledger now a matter of public record, the federal government is reportedly stepping in to determine how the actor was able to obtain so many prescription drugs, according to TV Guide.com.

New York City's Chief Medical Examiner on Wednesday announced that the 28-year-old actor's Jan. 22 death was accidentally caused by "the combined effects of Oxycodone, Hydrocodone, Diazepam, Temazepam, Alprazolam, and Doxylamine."

The Drug Enforcement Administration will now probe how Ledger obtained the various drugs. Oxycodone is a painkiller, Hydrocodone is also known as Vicodin, Diazepam is commonly called Valium, Temazepam treats anxiety or sleeplessness, Alprazolam is known as Xanax, and Doxylamine is a sedating antihistamine often used as a sleep aid.
– Kathy Ehrich Dowd and Stephen M. Silverman

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20176543,00.html

Yeah right. I think you could go into any American house and empty the medicine cabinet and find those pills there. How hypocritical. They should do something about all these people dying of accidental overdoses.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #499 on: February 06, 2008, 05:33:32 pm »
Yeah right. I think you could go into any American house and empty the medicine cabinet and find those pills there. How hypocritical. They should do something about all these people dying of accidental overdoses.

If you came into my house you wouldn't find them, because I'd have already taken them all recreationally. So I say this without being judgmental: that still is a lot of pills to take all at once.

Recently I had terrible back pain and was prescribed both Vicodin and Valium simultaneously. Paradise! I love both of those. But when I think of also adding Oxycodone, Xanax, and a couple of other things into the mix ... well, it seems like a lot.