Author Topic: Heath Ledger - News Accounts  (Read 1144262 times)

Offline Fran

• "ABCs of BBM" moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Heath Ledger Dead - News Accounts
« Reply #80 on: January 23, 2008, 05:25:34 pm »
I hope the Ledger family makes note of a charity they'd want friends and fans to donate to.

Me, too.  I feel the need to do something in his memory.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #81 on: January 23, 2008, 05:27:10 pm »
http://www.heatworld.com/Article/4082/Michelle+Williams/Michelle%e2%80%99s+best+friend+and+mum+arrive+in+New+York

While Michelle Williams herself is still believed to be en route to New York from Sweden with two-year-old Matilda and the family nanny, her mother and best friend have arrived in the city to console her when she arrives. The best friend in question is actress Busy Philipps, who used to star in Dawson’s Creek with Michelle, as Katie Holmes’s college roommate Audrey – she’s godmother to Heath and Michelle’s daughter, Matilda (while Heath’s Brokeback Mountain co-star Jake Gyllenhaal is godfather). Busy, and Michelle’s mum Carla, arrived at the home Heath and Michelle once shared in Brooklyn in the early hours of this morning, New York time. They both looked visibly shaken as they got out of a limousine and entered the house to wait for Michelle. According to sources at the airport in Sweden, Michelle was “so quiet” and “in her own world” as she waited to board her flight back to the US. We can’t even begin to imagine how the poor girl must be feeling.

http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #82 on: January 23, 2008, 05:28:41 pm »

I see people on the DC forum are talking about gathering a collection of people's comments into a book to give to Matilda.

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #83 on: January 23, 2008, 05:32:08 pm »

Well, I plan to "live in the now", like he did.

I'm not good at future planning. I don't plan at all. I don't know what I'm doing tomorrow. I don't have a day planner and I don't have a diary. I completely live in the now, not in the past, not in the future.
-Heath Ledger

Source: IMDb
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #84 on: January 23, 2008, 05:33:30 pm »
I see people on the DC forum are talking about gathering a collection of people's comments into a book to give to Matilda.

I saw that as well.  Sounds like a great idea.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #85 on: January 23, 2008, 05:42:45 pm »

:) :'(
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline BennyBoy

• Jr. Ranch Hand
  • Brokeback Newbie
« Reply #86 on: January 23, 2008, 05:44:01 pm »
Peter Travers Remembers Heath Ledger -

The shocking death of Heath Ledger stopped all the usual yammering here at the Sundance Film Festival. It was a day that started with the Oscar nominations and news of the big sale of Hamlet 2 to Focus Features—the Sundance jackpot at last. And yet this afternoon, just after I finished interviewing Josh Peck and Olivia Thirlby, the gifted young stars of The Wackness , one of the hot films in competition, the news of Ledger's death in his apartment in Manhattan hit us like a cold slap. Thirlby sat quietly by herself collecting her thoughts. This was a huge day for the young actress, her film Juno in which she played the pregnant teen's bff, had just been announced as one of the five contenders for the Best Picture Oscar. Both Thirlby and Peck had just talked about where they'd like to be as actors ten years from now. Peck saying that he'd hoped to keep challenging himself to reveal something about the human condition, that acting if it was honest and fearless united us somehow as human beings. His remarks reminded me of my first meeting with Ledger seven years ago when A Knight's Tale put him on the Hollywood map. He and his blond ringlets became prettyboy poster art and he damn near choked on it. Not the movie, just the image branding. Like Peck and Thirlby, Ledger thought of acting as something deeper, a striving toward goal he'd probably never reach. Ledger told me then that if his only offers were for movie-star posing he'd bag the whole thing. Instead, he went on to capture the loneliness of the guarded heart— as a gay cowboy in Brokeback Mountain, as a heroin junkie in Candy, and as a fame-resistant Bob Dylan in I'm Not There. The last time I saw Ledger, just before he started on the role of the Joker in this summer's The Dark Knight, he wore the same crooked grin, the same drop-the-bullshit attitude. He knew acting as an adventure couldn't match being a father to his daughter Matilda Rose. As movie enthusiasts, we will all miss seeing Ledger push against the barriers in roles he'll never play. But the end of his life at twenty eight is the real tragedy. Here at Sundance, in the swirl of deals and Oscar buzz, priorities—at least for the moment—were set straight.

Peter Travers
I want to know God's thoughts... the rest are details. - Albert Einstein

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #87 on: January 23, 2008, 06:36:11 pm »

That does sound like a good idea.

Somehow at the moment just doing something, anything feels like a comfort.  Rather than simply sitting and feeling increasingly sad.
:(

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline nakymaton

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • aka Mel
« Reply #88 on: January 23, 2008, 06:48:52 pm »
Watch out. That poster has a low startle point.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #89 on: January 23, 2008, 07:01:10 pm »
The masseuse call Mary-Kate Olsen TWICE? What was she thinking? Isn't everyone on the planet trained to dial 911?

Good God, I can only hope that Heath was already dead and her ridiculous time wasting phone calls didn't contribute to his death.

Unbelieveable.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!