Author Topic: Heath Ledger Tributes and Obituaries...  (Read 380701 times)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Heath Ledger Tributes and Obituaries...
« Reply #270 on: November 06, 2008, 01:57:38 pm »
Thank you, Love, for continuing to post these items. I appreciate it.

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #271 on: November 06, 2008, 03:05:04 pm »
What fascinating articles,  really appreciate you tracking them down and posting them.

Offline Love

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Jack,I Swear...
    • Brokeback Mountain
« Reply #272 on: November 10, 2008, 05:21:42 pm »
Dark Knight And Indiana Jones Lead People's Choice Award Nominations

10 November 2008 11:28 AM, PST | From wenn.com | See recent WENN news

The Dark Knight, Indiana Jones And The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull and Iron Man lead the 35th Annual People's Choice Awards after claiming this year's top nominations.

The three films will battle it out for favourite overall movie and favourite action movie at the viewer-voted awards, with honours being presented in over 40 categories.

Blockbuster stars Robert Downey Jr., Harrison Ford and Will Smith are vying for the title of favourite male movie star at the event, while Christian Bale, Brad Pitt and Mark Wahlberg are paired against each other for favourite leading man.

Bale, Downey Jr. and Smith will also compete for favourite male action star.

Meanwhile the nominees for favourite female movie star include Angelina Jolie, Keira Knightley and Reese Witherspoon.

Anne Hathaway, Kate Hudson and Queen Latifah will compete for the favourite leading lady, while Cate Blanchett, Hathaway and Jolie will vie for the favourite female action star honour.

Comedic actress Queen Latifah is set to host the event, airing live from the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles on 7 January.
Sometimes I miss you so much,I can hardly stand it

Offline Love

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Jack,I Swear...
    • Brokeback Mountain
« Reply #273 on: November 12, 2008, 06:53:02 am »
Here's a link to vote for The People Choice Awards - http://www.pcavote.com/

( The dark knight is in the nominees)  ;)

Offline Love

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Jack,I Swear...
    • Brokeback Mountain
« Reply #274 on: November 12, 2008, 05:09:35 pm »
Mayor of Batman sues Nolan and Warner Bros

Wednesday, 12 Nov 2008 10:51

Huseyin Kalkan, a member of the Kurdish Democratic Society party, is suing the makers of box office smash The Dark Knight for allegedly using the name of the Turkish city without permission.

"There is only one Batman in the world," Mr Kalkan said. "The American producers used the name of our city without informing us."

Despite the Caped Crusader having first appeared in comic books in 1939, as well as having featured in television series and four previous feature films, the legal action from the residents of Batman has only come with The Dark Knight soon to pass the $1 billion (£648,369,238) mark at the box office.

Mr Kalkan also claims that the popularity of Nolan's film - it is the second most successful film of all time, after Titanic - was to blame for a series of unsolved murders in Batman.

The Batman Begins sequel's psychological impact on the Turkish oil-producing city was such that the female suicide rate increased, he alleges.

And former residents of Batman have experienced problems when attempting to register businesses abroad, according to the mayor.

He is reportedly gathering evidence to prove his city predates the DC Comics character.

A Warner Bros representative said in a statement the studio is only aware of his claims via media reports and has not seen any "actual legal action".

The Dark Knight is to be re-released in January in a bid to improve its chances of Oscar consideration.

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #275 on: November 12, 2008, 09:39:14 pm »
Funnu how the locusts start to swarm, when there is a sniff of big money !!!!!

I despair of humans sometimes. !!!!

Offline Love

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Jack,I Swear...
    • Brokeback Mountain
« Reply #276 on: November 16, 2008, 06:19:15 am »
Russell Crowe may replace Heath Ledger in ’Dirt Music’

Washington, Nov 12 : Hollywood actor Russell Crowe may replace late actor Heath Ledger in a movie adaptation of a Tim Winton novel. According to website MovieHole, the Gladiator star is in talks with Aussie director Phillip Noyce to step into the shoes of Ledger in a new film titled 'Dirt Music', reports Contactmusic.

The plot of the film revolves around a couple in a loveless relationship.

The Brokeback Mountain star was attached to the film before he died in January (08).

http://www.newkerala.com/topstory-fullnews-44600.html

Offline Love

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Jack,I Swear...
    • Brokeback Mountain
« Reply #277 on: November 19, 2008, 03:54:38 pm »
Studio unveils plan to secure Oscars for Ledger
19th November 2008, 9:45 WST

The Hollywood studio behind this year’s blockbuster, The Dark Knight, has launched an ambitious campaign to dominate the coming Academy Awards and score Heath Ledger a posthumous Oscar.

Warner Bros this week rolled out its first Oscar specific ad, a "For Your Consideration" poster aimed at members of the Academy as well as voters of the key lead-in award ceremonies, the Golden Globes, Screen Actors Guild and Directors Guild of America.

Read the entire story at:

http://www.thewest.com.au/default.aspx?MenuID=5&ContentID=108884

Offline Love

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Jack,I Swear...
    • Brokeback Mountain
« Reply #278 on: November 19, 2008, 04:12:44 pm »
Ledger, Mirren almost cast in 'Choke'

Chuck Palahniuk has revealed that Heath Ledger was almost cast in the movie adaptation of his novel Choke.

Ledger, who died of an accidental drug overdose in January, was among the actors in line to play sex addict Victor Mancine in Clark Gregg's dark comedy before the role eventually went to Sam Rockwell.

Palahniuk confessed that the actors who were circling the role prior to Rockwell's casting did not appeal to him.

He said: "For a long time it was supposed to be Ryan Gosling, who I couldn't see, and for a brief period of time it was supposed to be Heath Ledger, which I wasn't sure about. And so in a way I think it's turned out for the very best."

Palahniuk added that casting Victor's mother Ida Mancini became difficult when Helen Mirren won an Oscar for The Queen.

He explained: "It's the same with the mother character... for a while it was Susan Sarandon and then for a little tiny bit it was Helen Mirren. But then with The Queen, apparently her price went way up and they couldn't afford her anymore!

"But I was very happy with Angelica Huston because I don't think the other two would have looked very Italian."

Choke is released in cinemas this Friday.

Offline Love

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Jack,I Swear...
    • Brokeback Mountain
« Reply #279 on: November 19, 2008, 04:18:27 pm »
Lawyers to sue insurance firm for not paying Heath Ledger’s policy

ReliaStar Life Insurance has decided not to pay the policy until it finds out if 'The Dark Knight' star committed suicide in his rented Manhattan loft in January.

The New York Medical Examiner's Office rules the overdose accidental. Now, the insurance company's investigators are planning to interview actress and owner of the loft Mary-Kate Olsen, the masseuse who found Ledger's lifeless body, doctors who treated the movie star, and some of his co-stars

Matilda's lawyer William Shernoff said that the delay in payment was contributing to the stress suffered by the actor's family

Shernoff said that he would pursue significant punitive damages from ReliaStar that could amount to 'tens of millions of dollars'.

"They are causing a lot of emotional distress to the family so we are going to go after the insurance company with both barrels," the Sydney Morning Herald quoted Shernoff, as saying.

http://www.newkerala.com/topstory-fullnews-48508.html