Author Topic: Everyone Please Read !!!  (Read 21623 times)

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
Re: Everyone Please Read !!!
« Reply #50 on: January 31, 2008, 09:28:12 pm »
While I was grateful for everyone's immediate sympathy, it was difficult and very emotionally trying for me, but I couldn't exactly turn them away, now could I?

Your words ring far too true and far too fresh

In a way, I'm thinking that's kind of what Jake is doing.  He's doing what most of us can't in the same situation, isolating himself as best he can so he doesn't have to deal with the constant offers of sympathy from well-meaning people in the streets or via a microphone or camera shoved in his face.

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
    • BetterMost
« Reply #51 on: February 01, 2008, 01:16:34 am »
Gosh, in the amount of time it is taking to thrash this issue out, those people who feel it appropriate to send Jake a card which may or may not be seen by him could have put it in the mail, and those who either feel it's not appropriate or not the right time could move on to something else.  I'm watching the post-debate coverage on television right now and the relentless back and forth over what everything means gets wearying and repetitive (and Pat Buchanan is shouting again).  So I suspect we already have enough adding two cents here to make a dollar or two. :)

Do what works for you!
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #52 on: February 01, 2008, 02:04:03 am »
(and Pat Buchanan is shouting again)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Somehow this little phrase just strikes me as hilarious.  Thanks for the chuckle Mayor.  8)

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #53 on: February 01, 2008, 12:13:48 pm »
I don't think sending him a card does any harm. I can't imagine he'd be hurt or offended or bothered by it.

On the other hand, I don't think receiving condolences from strangers -- however well-meaning we are and however much we love Jake -- is going to make a huge difference in his outlook. He knows he has fans -- and knows, I'm sure, about the existence of BetterMost (and DC and imdb and ej, etc.). He knows his fans care about him, and care about Heath. I agree with those who've said the most valuable condolences come from people who either knew the deceased person, or who know you, the bereaved.

He's probably getting cards and letters and maybe flowers and gifts from people all over the world. They're probably being opened by an assistant. If we were to send something, I wouldn't be confident that he'd even personally see it.

In other words, I'd say anyone who would fee better sending him a card should do so. But I do think it's more about the sender feeling better than the recipient.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #54 on: February 01, 2008, 12:31:56 pm »

Sorry for the lack of sentance punctuation and construct in my large post.  I was just typing
in a free thought process.

I agree, If it is sent to a place he normally gets mail from.  They will forward it at the appropiate
time i am sure.  When he is ready to deal with it.

Beautiful mind

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #55 on: February 01, 2008, 01:00:30 pm »
Gosh, in the amount of time it is taking to thrash this issue out, those people who feel it appropriate to send Jake a card which may or may not be seen by him could have put it in the mail, and those who either feel it's not appropriate or not the right time could move on to something else.  I'm watching the post-debate coverage on television right now and the relentless back and forth over what everything means gets wearying and repetitive (and Pat Buchanan is shouting again).  So I suspect we already have enough adding two cents here to make a dollar or two. :)

Do what works for you!

AMEN      !!!!!!

Beautiful mind

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #56 on: February 01, 2008, 01:31:21 pm »
In other words, I'd say anyone who would fee better sending him a card should do so. But I do think it's more about the sender feeling better than the recipient.

Indeed. If it will help you to feel better to make the gesture, by all means do it. It can do no harm.

Many things that are done in the wake of a death, things I have seen done on this site, have more to do with the people left behind than they do with the deceased.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline RossInIllinois

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #57 on: February 01, 2008, 03:47:05 pm »
Indeed. If it will help you to feel better to make the gesture, by all means do it. It can do no harm.

Many things that are done in the wake of a death, things I have seen done on this site, have more to do with the people left behind than they do with the deceased.

Just to much Drama and "soap boxing" in this forum for my tastes.  ::)

Offline Pipedream

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #58 on: February 01, 2008, 07:31:31 pm »

Do what works for you!

Thank you, Phillip!  ;D